Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

23 minutes ago, HazardousChoice said:

Not sure why you're so happy to see Tuchel go.

Your boy G.I Gervinho won't get a game under the next manager. It's not like Tuchel was the first manager to bench him he's been a bench warmer his entire career!

If anything Tuchel could be criticised for giving Pulisic too much game time, he's featured in every game this season.  

That's something that will have to change if the next manager is going to be a success.

Tuchel had no clue what he was doing offensively. All attackers struggle in his system - it sucks and is boring to watch. Period. And this year it is costing Chelsea points. Time to move on from Little Tommy T! Let's go, Blue!!

Edited by USATim

Too many pages to go back and see the general reaction, personally I find it hard to understand they had it in mind for a while. Why get in a squad of players but not change the coach now that window is shut!

who ever we get the same cycle continues New coach, not their squad, do they like the personnel, how many windows do they get to be happy. We need to get back an identity of how the club wants to play and look to scout players to achieve this going forward 

I’ve had been out all day at work and my phone has been going mad all day. Couldn’t believe it when I saw the news. 

That said, I think it’s the right move - even if it’s gutting. Tuchel has done a fantastic job since he came in….BUT something wasn’t right since pre-season. People said it had shades of Jose 2.0. I thought it was just the team needed to gel but looking at the rumours now, it seems obvious that Tuchel had lost the players and had stopped communicating. More importantly, he had stopped communicating with the new owners which is never a good move. 

It’s sad because he’s a fantastic manager and we got SO lucky with him. But something had to change. 

20 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

Potter will be Boehly's pick, so I am sure he'll have a longer shelf life. 

This is the same Boehly who wanted to bring in Ronaldo in the summer. Guy is clueless. He needs to make one decision. A proper sporting director and then get out of the way. This was always the danger with letting American parasite owners anywhere near the club. The Roman Empire looks better and better every day.

11 minutes ago, enigma said:

So many people now acting as if they weren't calling for Tuchel's sacking. One of the worse fans is Rory Jennings. Was falling for Tuchel to be sacked, then uploads a video today after his sacking as if now wasn't a good time. Pathetic. 

Jennings has always been a joke. Not worth worrying about the views of non-serious people on social media. Just the same as it isn't worth worrying about the views of non-serious people on here.

1 hour ago, smileysmiles said:

I think there was one thing Roman was good at. Feeling the mood in the room and getting the sackings right. You maybe pissed and a bit upset but you could at least reason it out. I think the club this time have totally misread the room and I think a lot of us wont let this go anytime soon.

TT became more than a manager when he took on the mantle during the sanctions and to many fans gained a respect beyond just the football. Hard to explain and maybe its just me but I felt he has been let down by the club.

But then to only have Potter in your back pocket, promising or not its a huge gamble, and I dont think the club is on a stable enough footing for that gamble.

Right. First off I wanted us to stick with TT. At least until the World Cup to see if he could turn things around. But personally I don't see any of this differently to the Lampard sacking. He also operated under difficult circumstances. Transfer ban. Losing our best player in nearly a generation. Got a lot right, got a lot wrong but obviously had intelligence and always carried himself with dignity and had Chelsea running through his veins.

@Edinburgh Blue post about this is who we we are, this what we do, is spot on. We might not like it, we all will favour one manager over another. One we would stick with, one we wouldn't, (that was Sarri for me), but it makes no odds. Chelsea Football Club will pull the rug on ANYONE if the results aren't what's expected. 

And to those who have said Roman would not have sacked Tuchel already, they must be living in cloud cuckoo land.

Sources have also claimed that Tuchel’s relationship with a number of Chelsea’s squad has deteriorated, while his team selections have caused surprise and, at times, frustration among players who felt they have been unfairly left out or played out of position. (Telegraph) #CFC

Sources have claimed there have been issues behind the scenes at Chelsea all summer, which Tuchel has hinted at on occasion.

Regardless of Tuesday night’s defeat, concerns had been growing that Tuchel was not the right man to lead the new era under co-controlling owners Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital, and it is believed the German’s future was in doubt win, lose or draw in Zagreb.

Tuchel reiterated on several occasions that he did not enjoy becoming more involved in this summer’s recruitment process and consistently bemoaned the loss of Cech as the club's technical and performance advisor. That caused some raised eyebrows 

The fact Tuchel prefers to be left to work and solve problems on his own, along with his close circle of coaches, is not in line with the inclusive approach of Boehly and Eghbali. 

Sources maintain that Tuchel initially wanted to move away from a fixed number-nine, only to completely go back on that. “He’ll say one thing,” one figure says, “then complain when it is done.” 

46 minutes ago, Nibs said:

As much as I am gutted about Tuchel going what I also can't fathom is the timing. The reports are this wasn't based on last night or even last week or so but something they had in mind. If that's the case why sign the players we did and let others go out on loan without knowing what the incoming manager's thoughts might be on these players? Unless they were already in communication with him (which I very much doubt), then this is a shockingly bad way to run a football club. 

I would guess that the players were "club" players, and not done simply to back TT - potentially with the exception of PEA.

Keeping the manager around for the transfer window presented "unity". Perhaps sacking him before we signed the players would have let to those players recognising we were in turmoil and declining to come.

17 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

This is the same Boehly who wanted to bring in Ronaldo in the summer. Guy is clueless. He needs to make one decision. A proper sporting director and then get out of the way. This was always the danger with letting American parasite owners anywhere near the club. The Roman Empire looks better and better every day.

Jennings has always been a joke. Not worth worrying about the views of non-serious people on social media. Just the same as it isn't worth worrying about the views of non-serious people on here.

You're kidding yourself if you think that the current owner doesn't care about the team as much as the Russian owner might have.  Do you realize that the players who are on the current squad, outside of the players that were just brought in, were pretty much all part of the previous ownership.  Do you also realize that TT's offensive scheme has sucked everywhere and he has been sacked at two of the other football giants and top teams in their league.

You can say what you want about Pulisic but the truth is he was NOT favored under TT.  The guy is still only 23 so you're talking about a player with a wealth of potential that lost his spot due to injury and has been plagued with injuries thus not been given a fair shot to reclaim it.  One can also argue that he's not of the quality to regain it which I would agree with but the personality differences with TT, who hates to be called out by ANY player (see Lukaku), was a big reason for this.  You can honestly tell me that the offense is tidy and aggressive and the goals are flowing?  So why not give Pulisic the chance he has plenty of quality and has shown glimpses of his ability.  But not for only 15-20 minutes a match, that's a hard proposition for any player.  

Lastly, one thing many fail to mention, is that the VAR decision on the weekend should not have reversed that goal.  I don't care who you support this is incontestable. So that too should have been a draw vs. a win.  This squad under TT will go nowhere, so why not try this same squad under Potter, the results certainly can't be worse.

12 minutes ago, chelseaFanLA said:

You're kidding yourself if you think that the current owner doesn't care about the team as much as the Russian owner might have.  Do you realize that the players who are on the current squad, outside of the players that were just brought in, were pretty much all part of the previous ownership.  Do you also realize that TT's offensive scheme has sucked everywhere and he has been sacked at two of the other football giants and top teams in their league.

You can say what you want about Pulisic but the truth is he was NOT favored under TT.  The guy is still only 23 so you're talking about a player with a wealth of potential that lost his spot due to injury and has been plagued with injuries thus not been given a fair shot to reclaim it.  One can also argue that he's not of the quality to regain it which I would agree with but the personality differences with TT, who hates to be called out by ANY player (see Lukaku), was a big reason for this.  You can honestly tell me that the offense is tidy and aggressive and the goals are flowing?  So why not give Pulisic the chance he has plenty of quality and has shown glimpses of his ability.  But not for only 15-20 minutes a match, that's a hard proposition for any player.  

Lastly, one thing many fail to mention, is that the VAR decision on the weekend should not have reversed that goal.  I don't care who you support this is incontestable. So that too should have been a draw vs. a win.  This squad under TT will go nowhere, so why not try this same squad under Potter, the results certainly can't be worse.

Quit making sense!

18 minutes ago, chelseaFanLA said:

Your earlier post was quite dreadful, and I really did think there was only one direction you could go in after that ... but hats off to you, this one is even worse ... and as for the bit in bold ... deary me LOL. And you call yourself a Chelsea fan ? Trust me, you aren't ... 

7 hours ago, Liam said:

Absolutely deserved the time to turn things around. Also deserved a lot better given how he handled the Abramovich sanction when he was essentially the spokesperson for the club in front of a hostile media and still managed to grind out results.

As other have said there must have been a bust up behind the scenes. It has also not been a good look with him sitting on the bench constantly railing against the players in the earshot of the substitutes. 

Thank you Tommy for the good times. Maybe try and find your inner Zen now that you have a break.

Spot on Liam, hope your well mate and enjoying the circus 🤡 

25 minutes ago, chelseaFanLA said:

There are no "offensive schemes". This isn't American football.

Chelsea was Abramovich's vanity project, a piece of art or a statement yacht. It was his reflected glory and he cared very much about it.

Boehly and Clearlake are here to make a profit in ten years time. Perhaps their goals will align with the best interests of the club from time to time but right now that is questionable given they have zero football knowledge advising them.

2 hours ago, Wearyourcolours said:

When did Roman get it wrong…..

Mourhino first time

Ancelloti

RDM (although he shouldn’t have offered him the job anyway)

The Fat Spanish Waiter, what was he thinking

Conte

Frank Lampard

Roman got sh*tloads wrong, he didn’t read the mood, he did what he wanted!

All those things he got wrong.

And yet we won league titles , FA cups, league cups , Europa League cups,  CL.

I hope the new owners get as many things wrong as Roman