Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

2 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Just finished an early dinner:

20210529_172241.jpg

I’m disappointed these aren’t McKroket flavour! :laugh2:

I’m just about to wander to the kitchen to pick up some Pringles...

5 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I’m disappointed these aren’t McKroket flavour! :laugh2:

I’m just about to wander to the kitchen to pick up some Pringles...

Patatje Joppie beats McKroket hands down!

Time is a bitch. I managed to fall asleep around 5 in the morning. When I looked at my watch I said ok, I sleep more, the time of the final comes faster. It didn't work, I woke up at 9 am. There are still 3 hours and something until the game. Time passes hard now, I feel more and more nervous. I've been waiting for the final for 9 years. When did this time pass? It seems to have passed quickly, these hours seem to pass harder than the 9 years. I started drinking. When I think that the match lasts only 90 minutes ...A year of waiting for 10 minutes in the final.  Minutes that go fast when you are behind and slowly when you are in front. Those moments that you perceive as an eternity until the ball passes the goal line. Those moments when you enjoy instantly but you enjoy with fear. sh*t. f**k anxiety, grab another beer.

Chelsea's motivation is easy: We are hated by everyone – right? No one wants us to win. The media and a number of soccer pundits have been against us - clearly, Man-City are the favourites. However, our boys love big games, that's why they signed for Chelsea FC. We also know that this is the moment they have been dreaming of, and waiting for, so I am sure they are motivated to go all the way.

Boys, we have absolute trust in you - just do your best and leave the rest, with confidence. Those opportunities will come, and we will bury them. Nothing to lose guys, everything to gain. Express yourselves on the pitch. Turn up and fight, prove all haters wrong. We believe in you. Come on Chelsea, let's prove the world wrong by winning this.

@The-Blues, let's support the Boys please.

I’m not a kit wearing person but I have checked in with 3 of my grandkids and they are all wearing the full kits I got them for Christmas. Trying my best to keep the eldest one Chelsea but it’s hard work with so many Man U schools friends. A win tonight will make things a bit easier. I have more work to do on other 2 grandkids who’s dad is UTD but the fight goes on. COYB.

1B5955A8-B6C8-4EF5-AE8D-BC0D6D96887D.jpeg

4 minutes ago, goose said:

I’m not a kit wearing person but I have checked in with 3 of my grandkids and they are all wearing the full kits I got them for Christmas. Trying my best to keep the eldest one Chelsea but it’s hard work with so many Man U schools friends. A win tonight will make things a bit easier. I have more work to do on other 2 grandkids who’s dad is UTD but the fight goes on. COYB.

1B5955A8-B6C8-4EF5-AE8D-BC0D6D96887D.jpeg

I had no idea being a grandparent was such hard work 😳

11 hours ago, Bob stark said:

???? 

You clearly have never watched city play

hmm..? unless you telling me that there are more that can match an Mbappe/Messi ..etc.. i think they have amazing players.. probably better than ours.. but finals usually do depend a fair bit on individual brilliance hence the argument..

15 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Chelsea 1970 FA Cup Winners Retro Football Shirt
  My retro top of choice for tonight’s match.

Come On Chelsea!

That's awesome! Any idea where can I get myself one? Are they available on the Megastore?

..Sitting in my brother's garden on the beautiful sunny west coast of ireland.

I'm debating whether to get lashed into the red wine or wait until my good lady wife comes home and makes us steak and chips.

I can't wait to see our lineup.I'ts vital we put a stamp on the game early doors,hence the worry about the lineup.If we don't,i fear it could be like watching someone skating down a spiral staircase with a ming vase in one hand.COYB!.

Hope the fates have taken this under consideration.

Have legitimately just made a list of every cup final we've been in since I moved to Leicester in 2009, and trying to figure out which location is the most superstitiously appropriate to go to.

One of the few with no nerves and enjoying this period of quite.

For one not watching sh*tty British tv coverage and the City love in.

For another both possibilities remain open, both to win and see Dave lift the cup, or to lose and turn off the TV right away.

So we still have that chance to win it, or lose it. In 6 hours that will be gone. Like that questionable box with a cat in it at the moment the box is closed an our hope is alive or could well be dead, we dont know.

The fact it is still possible right now as I type this, that we could in fact be celebrating only our second CL triumph, is a lovely feeling.

Once that box is open though, there is the chance our hope has died.

So that is how I am able to enjoy what for others is horrible idle nervous time.

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Ah some good posts in here this morning, afternoon for most of you.

Nerves have not hit yet, they will of we get in to the end game and we are either level or drawing. For now though calm, still 16 hours to go.

Not sure anyone on here has made it over to Portugal, if you have great job supporting the club. Hope you stayed clear of the issues with the Police and have an amazing time tonight.

For the the rest of us "armchair" fans tonight hope you all have a great time as well. Win or lose try and remember that CL finals are not easy to come by and as long as the boys do themselves proud is all we can ask.

Never know, we might all be very happy in 18 hours.

Enjoy it ladies and Gentlemen.🍺

On a side note hopefully those people at the open bar in Malta dont have their night spoiled by @Malta Blue and please spare a thought for @Munkworth , pour soul is going to be watching the game in the company of @Munkworth...🤪

Why would I spoil anything? However I will be looking for a Munkworth like substitute to try to argue with

Just now, Munkworth said:

christopher lambert highlander GIF

Maybe but I will have to make do with a second rate version.

Pink socks are on. First step of preparation, kante and make has both had a belly rub that's the second and third, now for the hardest. Finding my keys