Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

Hi all, Just wanted to drop in and wish you lot good luck and hope for a good game (The good luck was given as I wasn't sure whether it was good/bad etiquette for an opposing fan to give/not give that on the host teams forum). 😉

The reason for my long hiatus on here was that I went through some personal issues for a year or so, Stopped following football altogether and then when I did, I never knew when the right time to drop back in here was. This occasion has obviously provided me with a very good reason to drop by and say hello.

My thoughts on the game, I think there's two types of games we see, A. It's not a cagey match and we suck you out of your defensive shape, Going punch for punch and end up winning 3-1/3-2 or B. You tactically do us in the first half and keep it tight, Grow in confidence and then do us in the second half.  I can't see you lot outscoring us or going toe to toe as that would be suicide for you and in both previous victories of yours was not how you won. On the other hand, I can not see us winning in a game where patience is required, Our entire game plan is built on dominating the opponent, If the opponent has not been dominated either mentally or on the score line by 60/70 minutes, We're usually in trouble.

6 minutes ago, Kinkladze1871 said:

Hi all, Just wanted to drop in and wish you lot good luck and hope for a good game (The good luck was given as I wasn't sure whether it was good/bad etiquette for an opposing fan to give/not give that on the host teams forum). 😉

The reason for my long hiatus on here was that I went through some personal issues for a year or so, Stopped following football altogether and then when I did, I never knew when the right time to drop back in here was. This occasion has obviously provided me with a very good reason to drop by and say hello.

My thoughts on the game, I think there's two types of games we see, A. It's not a cagey match and we suck you out of your defensive shape, Going punch for punch and end up winning 3-1/3-2 or B. You tactically do us in the first half and keep it tight, Grow in confidence and then do us in the second half.  I can't see you lot outscoring us or going toe to toe as that would be suicide for you and in both previous victories of yours was not how you won. On the other hand, I can not see us winning in a game where patience is required, Our entire game plan is built on dominating the opponent, If the opponent has not been dominated either mentally or on the score line by 60/70 minutes, We're usually in trouble.

Welcome back mate, glad things are better for you. 

Think your analysis is right, though I would expect City to adapt to the needs of a patience game. All it takes is one KDB shot after all. He could do it in minute 1 or 90.

19 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

On a side note hopefully those people at the open bar in Malta dont have their night spoiled by @Malta Blue and please spare a thought for @Munkworth , pour soul is going to be watching the game in the company of @Munkworth...

I’ll be watching the game in the company of someone I actually like and consider a friend who also hates the ‘people’ (nicest thing I’ve ever said about them) of Southampton.  We will be pouring plenty of drinks down our necks, is that what you meant?

1 hour ago, Mike Carefree said:

Im getting excited now....yes....i have a smile on this face...a smile of hope for the team and fans.....ive always said...if you go into a fight with no confidence youll lose for sure....when i look at city and us one sees a gap....but that gap can be overcome wiith a bit of confidence.....at the end of the day its a group of men v a group of men....forget weve beaten them...today is totally different....their mindset is to win..and so is ours....they may have more prolific scorers....we may have extremely good defenders...thing is city dont know who is going to score for us...because we dont either...the expected goal takers for us are not the norm....whereas, we have a feel for citys dangermen....at one point i felt city would win this with ease....then i felt it differently......on this day, chelsea are as capable of a win if they trust in their ability to do so....its not only today...its next season too....the songs that can make a spud froth to the point of collapse....come on the chelsea....come on you blues....ossies watching

Good tactics breed confidence too and Tommy Tuchel is good with those against stronger teams.

23 minutes ago, Kinkladze1871 said:

Good to hear from you, glad you've turned things around too.

A great way to start the day with a breakfast at the cafe run by one of my sisters. Being family it's nice to get a free breakfast. In the pub from about 5pm. Hopefully not too drunk by kick-off time.

To use a line by a great poet: "Now's the day and now's the hour." And to use a chant popular amongst fans of my other team:

We Are The People.

Come on Chelsea! KTBFFH.

Will be too nervous posting during the match, so this is it until after the match.

Whatever happens, I'm proud of the playing group for this getting this far! I wish them all the best and hope they can create history.

1 minute ago, Jezz said:

Will be too nervous posting during the match, so this is it until after the match.

Whatever happens, I'm proud of the playing group for this getting this far! I wish them all the best and hope they can create history.

@Jezz I won't say Enjoy the match, but Stay strong and blue. See you after the match.....::ChELSeAFaN::

I'm so nervous about tonight. 

This could be it, one of those Magic Knights against a Team the whole Media is praising of how good they are. 

Need to cool the Beer and Whiskey, but I am so damn ready 😁😀

2 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Mendy

James Silva Rudiger 

CHO Kante Kovacic Chillwell 

Pulisic Mount Werner 

Yes that's my team too.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Alcohol is medicine. 

Right now I prefer to be hit with a real hammer, it may numb my nerves.

Edited by Valerie