Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

2 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

City dont just want to win,.they are looking for a load of goals too. Every midfielder and forward is a genuine goal threat.

Pep knows we have trouble scoring he isn’t afraid of us scoring he is afraid of not being able to score and us hitting one on the break he knows if he can score 2 it’s over, that’s what I believe his thinking is. 

So basically six attacking mids for Man City, plus Zinchenko who used to be an attacking mid? Seems a little odd not to start Fernandinho.

I actually feel more positive after seeing the lineups. Doesn't help with the nerves though. I can now officially start drinking.

N.B. Two keepers on the bench is a bit of a slap in the face for Abraham.

I’m trying not to feel nervous because I don’t think we’ll win. I didn’t think this team have a winning mentality- really hope they prove me wrong though!

1 minute ago, PloKoon13 said:

So basically six attacking mids for Man City, plus Zinchenko who used to be an attacking mid? Seems a little odd not to start Fernandinho.

I actually feel more positive after seeing the lineups. Doesn't help with the nerves though. I can now officially start drinking.

My football brain isnt working but Pep does have a record of making crazy decisions in the biggest CL games which cost him, hopefully that is the case today

3 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Didn't realise this until now, cant imagine Abraham has kicked up enough of a stink for that to be deserved! I'd have more faith in him grabbing a goal if we need one that Timo or Giroud!

The Dutch pre-match programme has started 5 minutes ago, and right away I'm zapping away. One of the pundits (and I use the word lightly) makes me physically sick. The Secret Life of the Zoo will do better for now, all those cute babies!

Wow i'm all full of nervous adrenaline, in 2012 i wasn't concerned, as it was the ol fellas 75th that night, ha, i never saw him, i got 2007 vibes, but of the good type, and we should of buried them Twats....

Just now, jack h said:

Didn't realise this until now, cant imagine Abraham has kicked up enough of a stink for that to be deserved! I'd have more faith in him grabbing a goal if we need one that Timo or Giroud!

Perhaps he is behind the scenes, but still it's better to have him there than another goalie.

9 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

Pep knows we have trouble scoring he isn’t afraid of us scoring he is afraid of not being able to score and us hitting one on the break he knows if he can score 2 it’s over, that’s what I believe his thinking is. 

I would agree. Also think he wants lots of bodies buzzing around Jorgi to press him in to mistakes.

21 minutes ago, WeatherMan said:

Well in fairness to  BT it seems they've concentrated on City for the 1st hour and will do the same for us in the 2nd hour, seems reasonable to me.

Well we got 10 minutes, half that asking Tuchel about Pep.