Moises Caicedo to Chelsea! "Official"

axman2526
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

First was Cucurella, then Trossard, now Moises.

I know their wages will be considerably low but with so much positivity around the club on the pitch you’d think they’d be less inclined to go off the rails to the extent of Trossard and Caicedo. With the two games in hand over Tottenham, winning those puts them 5th, De Zerbi is a top coach & tactician who is now being courted by Juve, it’s unlikely but UCL football is not beyond the realms of possibility; how could they not be up for that. 

Apparently Caicedo is on £15k a week, if Brighton had any real ambition surely you’d have inserted some kind of clause increasing those wages at whim by a %, similar to how  we’re doing with Mudryk but over time in his case.

Interesting to see how the recycling act works for Brighton now with Paul Winstanley, Kyle Macaulay and co leaving for us. Possible a factor the agents of Brighton players have discussed in regard to where they’re headed as a club.

7 hours ago, Term_X said:

Surprised with the social media post, that’s mad, what’s going on at Brighton, first Trossard pushing his way out now this. You’d think they’d all be focused on pushing into the Europa League spots at least, where’s the tunnel vision as a unit?

Hmm let's say you are earning 50k a year. What will you do if somebody offer you 300 or 500 k? 

Think he is the best Kante replacement if there's ever been one, although I can't help but feel that Enzo Fernandez is actually the midfield diamond we madly need. Plus that Brighton valuation at around 80M... I don't know... I'd rather add more and get Enzo to be honest.

I know Enzo Fernandez's release clause is 120M, but I am absolutely sure we'd get him for less than that. Just not the 80 or 85M we've offered so far. I am sure Benfica will close the deal at anything over 100M.

If you ask me, it's Arsenal who got into his head already and he'll go there if they meet Brighton's valuation who frankly won't go any lower now that he took the matter all over the social media.

7 hours ago, enigma said:

I know it's redcafe, but was interesting to hear a Brighton fan's view on the situation. 

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/moises-caicedo-posts-on-instagram-and-twitter-that-he-is-leaving.472434/post-30056239

It's spot on really. No club can possibly survive that level of asset stripping. The fact that de Zerbi already seems quite ambivalent about the situation is ominous for them as well. There is at least four other players that could all get PL moves to CL clubs and one of their CBs is ours as well.

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

I am not surprised arsenal is really going for it with Caicedo. They are one Partey injury away from losing everything. 

Ironic you say this as Partey is having an MRI scan today on a suspected injury. If the injury keeps him out for a while, ball is in Brighton's court. They have no reason to sell lower than their value as they already have sold players for big money and Arsenal now may be more desperate. 

9 minutes ago, STATS said:

Ironic you say this as Partey is having an MRI scan today on a suspected injury. If the injury keeps him out for a while, ball is in Brighton's court. They have no reason to sell lower than their value as they already have sold players for big money and Arsenal now may be more desperate. 

Hes also just had his bail extended for the rape case(s) hanging over him.

Edited by dkw

1 minute ago, STATS said:

No wonder arsenal is going all in with Caicedo. Lokonga is simply not ready or not good enough. 

Their alternative is playing granit as dm but he is not as athletic as Partey so that will be a problem. 

Time to move on to other targets I think. The transfer request and instagram post will be to force a move to arsenal and potentially win the league (think I just did a mini sick saying that).

he would have waited to join us and done it “nicely” as would make no difference to him coming to us now or in the summer given we aren’t offering the chance of success right now

1 hour ago, timetowaste said:

Let's be honest, if we want Caicedo we'll get him, financially Arsenal can't compete with us and I genuinely think the project we have is the most exciting in football. 

That being said, I'm hopeful that we go for Enzo Fernandez over him

Generally you're right but if we are up to the ceiling on FFP they may actually have a bit more wiggle room than us at the moment. Unless we put him on a mortgage contract. 25 years :biggrin:

He’s a good player but it’s a lot of money. I’d rather go all in for Enzo, but I think if we are to do it we shouldn’t leave it until the last day of the window or Benfica will be upset if they haven’t got time to find a replacement, and then will probably demand the whole release clause upfront in one hit to get their own back.

Also, if we know where we stand with Enzo before Tuesday we’d still have time to hijack any Moises Caicedo move to Arsenal.

Enzo or Caicedo would be good IMO but we shouldn’t go much further down the list just for the sake of bringing in someone.

No thanks to the likes of Onana or someone who doesn’t really improve us.