West Ham v Chelsea (PL) Sat 11th Feb 2023 12:30 GMT

30 minutes ago, enigma said:

I got pissed off and stopped watching after they scored. But if were robbed of a pen then it's not the first time this season is it. The Cucurella hair pull was a clear pen and nothing. 

Cucarella hair pull was in spurs box. No penalty - but def a foul for us

4 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Cucarella hair pull was in spurs box. No penalty - but def a foul for us

I think that was when we were defending a corner. The incompetent VAR officials deemed it as acceptable behaviour.

Edited by Nick05

Just seen the game on delayed record. Just seen the Potter interview.  Fck me this guy has absolutely nothing about him. This clock has to be ticking now surely.

Another draw, another sterile second half. Shocking substitution punishing Mudryk by taking him when he has spent the whole game in front of the weakest, most cowardly player in the side. Why would he not want to pair Chilwell and Mudryk together.

Nice enough guy Potter, just not good enough. 

I know there is no point harking on about it but it's true, Tuchel wins against Fulham and probably wins this game in the first half alone.

For me overall Havertz was frustrating, Madueke I am still not sure about and Cucurella is a disgrace. But overall this is a decent side in the making and Felix looks every bit the great player I think he can become. My concerns that this guy doesn't have the tools to handle this job have not diminished at all.

Potter is turning us into his own image, bland, beige,  middle of the pack.

16 minutes ago, 2211 said:

VAR took 5 minutes to cancel out an obvious offside against Rice but dismissed our penalty in seconds.

That's borderline cheating from the officials IMO.

I amnot a massive fan of Rio Ferdinand but he was bang on. Mourinho would have been up in arms correctly. It would have deflected from the result and changed the narrative in tomorrow's press.

As much as it was a woeful decision, Potter probably deserves all he has coming simply for not being clever enough in managing his press interviews,  which like his football tactics and his teams are totally toothless.

I'm saying it now Potter is going to destroy the really good players we have acquired he has already made the players we had worst. Enough of this negative slow pass, pass  for the sake of possession football. Great and even good teams take chances play progressive football and do what its all about excite the fans. If this is the "process" then its all a sham it will never work. You will not win trophies or league titles playing this type of crap all it might do is stop you from being relegated Potter a cowardly mid table manager playing  cowardly mid table football.

6 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

A lot of people are praising our performance in the 1st half. Nah, that was a case of individual (Felix) balling. 

When you build up with 6 players against West Ham and your best way to progress the ball is asking your best attacker to drop deep and progress. That is not exactly a great performance

Pretty much

"A lot of people are praising our performance in the 1st half. Nah, that was a case of individual (Felix) balling.

When you build up with 6 players against West Ham and your best way to progress the ball is asking your best attacker to drop deep and progress. That is not exactly a great performance"

You keep wanting our backs up the field high and wide, that only happens if our best attackers come deep to progress. Otherwise all James would be doing is sprinting up and down until gassed. It's very odd criticism to me.

The problem I found was that we would work the ball out along our back line, drawing West Ham on and therefore creating space  but the ball would eventually come across to Cucurella who is an absolute coward. He wouldn't even look up the pitch and would immediately return the ball back into our defence this creating problems as their players were by now on top of Badiashile and Silva.

Chilwell comes on and in minute 1 feeds a ball through for Mount to run on to as well going on an advanced run himself.

The problem of course is that Chilwell will no doubt be injured by the second Dortmund game. I would genuinely prefer Azpilicueta at left back than see Cucurella start for us again. 

Should have started Chilwell with Mudryk - Cucurella was poor.

Should have left Mount on the bench - and given our new best 11 a chance to gel

Shyte result, shyte var decision against the blindingly f'ing obvious handball.

Played well and tried hard in the first half - In the second they didn't and that's why we didn't get all three points.

Maybe Potter is too much Mr Nice Guy and trying to hard to keep everyone happy.

4 minutes ago, OnePeterOsgood said:

So we spend gazillions of pounds on new players and end up with Havertz and Ziyech on the pitch! How is that still possible! Also, have they been instructed not to pass to Mudryk in any circumstance ? Give the guy a pass ffs!

Cucurella had probably 8 chances to do so in the first half. All barring about three of his passes were square or behind him to the bloke that gave him the ball.

Mudryk will stop making runs with this fraud behind him.

12 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

"A lot of people are praising our performance in the 1st half. Nah, that was a case of individual (Felix) balling.

When you build up with 6 players against West Ham and your best way to progress the ball is asking your best attacker to drop deep and progress. That is not exactly a great performance"

You keep wanting our backs up the field high and wide, that only happens if our best attackers come deep to progress. Otherwise all James would be doing is sprinting up and down until gassed. It's very odd criticism to me.

Why do I want Cucu to go up? I want James to go up and I want to cucu to go narrow and Mudryk to drop. 

8 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Just got home, but I've kept an eye on the score. Should I watch back the match and/or read the match threadm or needn't I bother?

Worth a watch Val. 1st half we were dominant for 30 minutes. Played some lovely intricate attacking football. Had the ball in their net 3 times, but two were ruled offside. Then they scored out of nowhere and it all went Pete Tong.

29 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Chilwell comes on and in minute 1 feeds a ball through for Mount to run on to as well going on an advanced run himself.

That was a good passage of play, within seconds Chilwell was through on goal. 

If that was him and Mudryk in the first half, we would have all walked away happy

Deserved to win this game, first half we were head and shoulders above them. Second half faded a bit, I'm feeling positive for the future.

Finally - Soucek's handball - what the actual f*ck!!? He's actually saved that, why exactly did VAR not do its job? Why do officials keep f*cking us over with VAR?

Seriously if that was the other way round it would have been awarded (and rightly so), honestly after Cucarella got pulled down by his hair against Spurs I didn't think I'd see such a blatant bad decision with VAR again........let alone again later in the season!

Where did that amazement with Cucu early on in the season go?

Zips his passes

energy and aggression

stuck in

forward passing

the player has deteriorated because he got integrated into a chronic Chelsea system that has been unbalanced and disjointed for years. Havertz as a striker? Get out of here. 

Even pep won’t be able to rid this plaque. It’s a Chelsea thing. A graveyard for good players mostly on the creative and technical side

it’s no wonder how badiashile thrives but Mudryk, Sterling and all our attackers look lost and thrash. 

We have no clue how to set up attacking wise