West Ham v Chelsea (PL) Sat 11th Feb 2023 12:30 GMT

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

Just got home, but I've kept an eye on the score. Should I watch back the match and/or read the match threadm or needn't I bother?

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

Just got home, but I've kept an eye on the score. Should I watch back the match and/or read the match threadm or needn't I bother?

Watch the first 25 mins. Then turn on Strictly or something equally boring.

19 minutes ago, Mudders said:

Where did that amazement with Cucu early on in the season go?

Zips his passes

energy and aggression

stuck in

forward passing

Potter came in. benched Cucu and played him at CB so he could play Sterling at LWB and decapitated 2 of our new signings instantly.

Cucu hasn't been good but I find it hard to place blame on individual players when I think at best we have the 17th best manager in the league 

Positive:

Enzo + Ruben. Enzo played much better in pivot. 

Felix. He is good

Final third. There are a lot of good thing. Felix, Madueke ability to keep the ball (1st half only), Enzo. 

Negative 

4-2 build up with two fb wide and low. It was a total disaster. 

Cucu

Sleeping Reece. He was asked to play like Trent in the 1st half and he did play like Trent. 

I was able to watch the game only now. I just couldn't believe what I once again saw. We are so bad. With these players we should have smashed WHU. There were at least three persons that were totally in the wrong place today: Potter, RLC and Cucurella. Out of these Potter and Cucu should not be given any possibilities to act for Chelsea anymore. How long will Boehly stand Potter?

Edited by JPH

Same old same old. Just finished watching the recording. Skipped through a lot of the second half. 

Can only imagine Potter is playing Havertz in the hope he hits some form for the CL. As it was another game where he gets no goal, no assist, and adds cannot stay onside to get us a goal.

Madueke made their keeper make a good save, otherwise poor. Mudryk worked hard, otherwise poor. Felix the best of them, we actually scored a goal. Sadly the shadow of Reece James did not do his job properly in following Emersons run. 

Toothless up front bit what else is new? Instead of bringing fofana on and going for it, you swap Gallagher in for RLC...laughable.

Second half was yet more torture through boardomball.

4 hours ago, Term_X said:

Not buying the whole ‘robbed’ angle, don’t care about the handball as we were awful for 60+minutes, no complaints, awful changes from Potter. 

After playing like that I don't care about the penalty call. We did not deserve to win, neither did they.

We opened them up in the first 30 minutes but time only 1 of 3 runs in to their box properly. That is on us. 

We gifted Emerson the freedom on the London stadium to score because Reece decided to emulate TAA in that moment and not bother to defend properly. That is on us.

We made their keeper make only 2 decent saves all game, both in the first half, and showed no ambition to try and win the game in the second half. Neither from the players or manager. That is on us.

Don't go crying about penalties when we spend 600mill and play like that.

6 hours ago, SwedishEntity said:

Brighton scored as many goals in GPs last 14 games as in RDZs first 14 while conceding half. 

sorry Axman, but that is highway robbery pure and simple, so I will say we deserved to win, about as much as Romero’s hairtug non-call.  Who was the VAR ref?  That person should be fired immediately by the FA.

Same old story, I only watched 20+ minutes of extended highlights and there were not much actions, really felt for people paid top dollar to watch this team. Looked like a brave call to drop Mount for this game, but WTF Potter even put RLC on the bench, let alone starting him? Tactically it made no sense either offensive or defensively, and the player contributed nothing, starting Ziyech last weekend made more sense than this. We started well, but as soon as WestHam stayed back, our  attacking intent were gone, it's the same old how do we play football again? First chance they attacked we surrendered, the front 4 were not tracking back, midfield not covering the box, and defender missed the header and even Emerson scored a rare goal, bet he won't score another one this year. We should have got a penalty, but that's how the people driving VAR goes, when they are not found of you, they really aren't. Felix and Enzo are good, we may as well break the bank again to get Felix, he seems to be a good fit for this team. Every time we saw a bit of light in the tunnel, it's quickly put out. WestHam was there for the taking just like Fulham, but somehow we managed to find a way to muck it up.

H2 was depressing but I enjoyed watching the game. I can also understand the subs considering Dortmund is coming up.

I also agree with Potter that the new guys take time to gell. There were a lot of missed passes and so nearly moments. Even Enzo has a bit to do to sharpen up.

Cucu does have to give the ball to mudryk more and give him a chance and  Mudryk needs to stay wide to get it.

If we play with inverted wingers then the fullbacks need to go beyond them from time to time so as we can get the crosses in and when we do that it will open up the inside channel for the inverted wingers. It also requires the wingers to drop in defence which Mudryk didn't do in H1.  In the end Havertz didn't get great service.

Just now, coco said:

So it seems the Head of Implementation of VAR Neil Swarbrick was the official on VAR today, yes the Head of Implementation of VAR, you heard that right. The main man on VAR called that handball good, didn't see a problem with it.

Jaw dropping is all i can say.

Even worse our passionate manager said these things happen. 

1 hour ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Same old story, I only watched 20+ minutes of extended highlights and there were not much actions, really felt for people paid top dollar to watch this team. Looked like a brave call to drop Mount for this game, but WTF Potter even put RLC on the bench, let alone starting him? Tactically it made no sense either offensive or defensively, and the player contributed nothing, starting Ziyech last weekend made more sense than this.

20 minutes of extended highlights. Excellent.

RLC was one of our best players today. Good partnership with Enzo. Good link up with Felix. Defended well enough. Couple of great turns and runs with the ball. Thought he did well myself.

2 minutes ago, coco said:

Makes you feel sick in the gut doesn't it ?

To be honest Yes! I rarely go at decisions by refs , believing things even themselves out on the 50/50s. This was an horrendous decision , blatant as they come. Everybody can see it…even Danny Murphy and Peter Walton. Yet our manager is ok about it. How the f**k does he expect the players to have fire in their bellies? His interviews have turned me , time he walks the walk and proves he’s as good as he is touted to be. Rant over