Willian

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

He's been a true servant to the club and to the badge since day one he's been one of my favourite players since joining Chelsea he's work rate skill attitude has always been professional. I really don't care about the Conte incident because we have no idea what went on behind close doors and judging my Conte character traits and what he's still showing at Inter I will back a players who's run his socks off since joining this club rather than a arrogant twat who has fit if he doesn't get his own way, Willian he is a true club legend.

I hope he does full 10 years and get his testimonial and citizenship he's a true professional also let's not forget he recently lost his mom think couple years now they were really close based on reports and that can have a huge impact on his mental state but he kept his head and kept working for the club.

4 hours ago, Brutos said:

He's been a true servant to the club and to the badge since day one he's been one of my favourite players since joining Chelsea he's work rate skill attitude has always been professional. I really don't care about the Conte incident because we have no idea what went on behind close doors and judging my Conte character traits and what he's still showing at Inter I will back a players who's run his socks off since joining this club rather than a arrogant twat who has fit if he doesn't get his own way, Willian he is a true club legend.

I hope he does full 10 years and get his testimonial and citizenship he's a true professional also let's not forget he recently lost his mom think couple years now they were really close based on reports and that can have a huge impact on his mental state but he kept his head and kept working for the club.

after hearing & watching Barca, I can see why Barca want Slick Willie - he can play on either flank as a winger - not so sure Griezmann can do the same

On 23/12/2019 at 14:35, enigma said:

He has been more consistent this season, but previous seasons he hasn't. Needs to keep it up. 

I don't know why people talk ignorantly like this, because Hazard for example has only scored maybe twice this season, does it mean he is a poor player? Does it mean he is an inconsistent player? I think we need to understand the meaning of some vocabularies before using them like this. Willian is the same player, he has never changed since the first day he came to Chelsea, he was moved to a wing that is not his normal wing because a better player was on the left wing both at Chelsea (Hazard) and in Brazil (Neymar), because of that he has been struggling for many years at Brazil and in Chelsea, because the right wing is not his preferred position. But the guy did not complain, instead he has been doing exploits in a rather difficult wing for him. Everybody knows, on his day, there are few players that are better than Willian in the world. He has two advantages over everybody, his pace and his quick feet. 

we all saw his performance on the left wing against spurs, he's very good on that wing if the coach can create a system where he can flourish. Last weekend, the system was very OK for him, he had a lot of freedom, he didn't have to do much defending and Tottenham gave him a lot of spaces, so he flourished. But that doesn't mean that if he played against a team that is very good, a team that doesn't give him spaces, that attack us and as a result, Willian has to do much defending, and as a result he didn't have the chance to attack the team or score goals like he did against spurs, it doesn't mean Willian is inconsistent, it is because of the opponents he is facing at that time. 

Willian is a top player. 

Edited by hephzibah

On 23/12/2019 at 15:23, Brutos said:

Thanks mate, many arrogant Chelsea fans don't like him. I cant explain why, maybe he snatched their girlfriends. Seriously, it's close to a case of being blind not to know that the guy is good. If he had a maximum of four or five matches in his entire Chelsea career where he played poorly, but he played very well in all the other matches, what do you call that? that is excellence, that is still a very good career. Even in school, when you score 80 out of a possible 100, you are still an excellent student.

Some chelsea fans have really dissapointed me with their comments on Willian. It's unfair. 

On 25/12/2019 at 09:46, hephzibah said:

I don't know why people talk ignorantly like this, because Hazard for example has only scored maybe twice this season, does it mean he is a poor player? Does it mean he is an inconsistent player? I think we need to understand the meaning of some vocabularies before using them like this. Willian is the same player, he has never changed since the first day he came to Chelsea, he was moved to a wing that is not his normal wing because a better player was on the left wing both at Chelsea (Hazard) and in Brazil (Neymar), because of that he has been struggling for many years at Brazil and in Chelsea, because the right wing is not his preferred position. But the guy did not complain, instead he has been doing exploits in a rather difficult wing for him. Everybody knows, on his day, there are few players that are better than Willian in the world. He has two advantages over everybody, his pace and his quick feet. 

we all saw his performance on the left wing against spurs, he's very good on that wing if the coach can create a system where he can flourish. Last weekend, the system was very OK for him, he had a lot of freedom, he didn't have to do much defending and Tottenham gave him a lot of spaces, so he flourished. But that doesn't mean that if he played against a team that is very good, a team that doesn't give him spaces, that attack us and as a result, Willian has to do much defending, and as a result he didn't have the chance to attack the team or score goals like he did against spurs, it doesn't mean Willian is inconsistent, it is because of the opponents he is facing at that time. 

Willian is a top player. 

His preferred position is the number 10 role where he flourished at Shakhtar, not the LW as you have so confidently tried to say. 

On 25/12/2019 at 10:02, hephzibah said:

Thanks mate, many arrogant Chelsea fans don't like him. I cant explain why, maybe he snatched their girlfriends. Seriously, it's close to a case of being blind not to know that the guy is good. If he had a maximum of four or five matches in his entire Chelsea career where he played poorly, but he played very well in all the other matches, what do you call that? that is excellence, that is still a very good career. Even in school, when you score 80 out of a possible 100, you are still an excellent student.

Some chelsea fans have really dissapointed me with their comments on Willian. It's unfair. 

Snatched their girlfriends? are you 12 years old or something? As for the rest of this rammle, he plays probably 8 excellent games a year, with the rest being bang average or terrible. 

inconsistent
/ɪnkənˈsɪst(ə)nt/
adjective

1. 1.
    not staying the same throughout.

Pretty much perfectly sums up Willian. Great player on his day, but that only happens for about 1/5 of a season. Even this year, which everyone is saying is his best in a Chelsea shirt, he has been terribly inconsistent. Lets not change the facts after a good game. 

28 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Don’t worry there’ll be a full retreat when he has an average game again. 

Then it's up to Willian to keep the form going. The only reason why he gets so much stick is because he is so inconsistent. That performance against Tottenham should be the norm.

2 hours ago, sonic90 said:

There were worse players than him today, he was back to his usual levels.

Before the Tottenham game, I said it pained me that he is a locked on starter, and looks to be the first name on the team sheet. He then went out and had the best game I've ever seen him have.

My point still stands though, if Willian is our most important player, we're not going to be good enough to be fighting for titles.

That's not on Willian per se, he is who he is. I've been happy with Willian's play this year. 

We know exactly who we've got in Willian when he's playing well, and that's not good enough for him to be our best player. 

I'm hoping Willian finishes this year the way he's started and he moves on next season on a high note and is remembered fondly by the vast majority of the fans.

That could be Frank's legacy with Willian.

But we're in desperate need of at least 2 more goal scoring threats up front and one in mid-field