Willian

To be fair, we cant complain when he's banging them in :)

Amazing what a bit of confidence can do.

I dont think anyone ever thought he didn't have the potential, he's always been one of the best on the ball and one of the hardest workers, even when "not playing well". For the money people expected him to be a goal scorer, which is exact;y what he has become this season... boosting him from being a regular joe in the team to being first on the team sheet.

Edited by Zola

Goes to show how many people on here would not have a clue about a footballer. even if they was standing right in front of them.

That's a bit harsh. Before this season it's not like Willian was very good in attack for us, he was actually really poor. You can't blame people for thinking he wasn't that great, especially when he was very similar at his other clubs.

That's a bit harsh. Before this season it's not like Willian was very good in attack for us, he was actually really poor. You can't blame people for thinking he wasn't that great, especially when he was very similar at his other clubs.

Not if your read the utter clap trap that has been written about him.

Willian lacked goals and assists, he was not "poor" in any aspect of his game aside from those two statistics.  As some of us said/alluded too, if he could just get those goals/assists he'd be a great player for us, perhaps at Eden's level or so.... and he has been this season.

Edited by Barry Bridges

If two of three of our other midfielders could replicate his application, concentration, work rate and desire to win, to go with their talent - we'd surely not be in the league position we're in.

On Saturday he was the only player I saw, that showed how angry/disappointed he was when we went a goal down.

Player of the season, thus far, for me - by a distance.

I actually remembered that post (forgot who posted though) and was thinking of digging it up haha

Great minds think alike.

I've been critical of Willian myself but instead of writing a post about how good he's been, those old posts of Blue Daze came to mind, and there were a lot of them, telling us he had no chance of improving because of his age.

It's all coming together for Willian now. He's got great technique, pace, workrate, vision, skill and dribbling ability. Now he's adding end-product. For years we've wanted somebody to deliver on the right, to take some of the burden off Hazard and allow Hazard more room to operate. Sadly he's faded beyond recognition, just when we've found that player.

Edit: Easy to shine in a team doing well, not so easy when they're doing poorly. He's shown his mettle. Wish we could say the same about others.

Edited by Davey Baby

This is really worth a watch if any of you have 12 minutes to spare.

Hasn't got the mad skill of Hazard but he's at the top of his game and oozing confidence.

Last night was a big goal, we draw and they're ahead of us on points and we're third with two games to go, and the pressure just mounts.

Look at the pass on three and a half minutes. They couldn't live with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaqUR6g5u14

This is really worth a watch if any of you have 12 minutes to spare.

Hasn't got the mad skill of Hazard but he's at the top of his game and oozing confidence.

Last night was a big goal, we draw and they're ahead of us on points and we're third with two games to go, and the pressure just mounts.

Look at the pass on three and a half minutes. They couldn't live with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaqUR6g5u14

That guys youtube is awesome btw. Highly recommended for everyone here

It's always been evident he's had the ability to influence games as much as he is this season, and i'm glad he's finally taking that initiative. It's more than just the free kicks, his energy to pop up all over the field and help win the ball back one minute and be leading a counter attack to the opposition box the next is the main reason why he's been our best player this season. While everyone else is looking lethargic and half-assed Willian is doing the work of 3 men.

His work rate was unbelievable, conserving the amount of distance he covers in both attack and defence, and he took just about all the set pieces. If we get a penalty on Saturday, I would hand over to Wilian too.  I think it will really help if we have fullbacks who could stand up to attackers without the constant track back from attacking players.