Willian

Mike 93
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

The way he took his goal last night is the main thing missing from his game, it's what sets the top players apart from him, he has all the moves, skills and natural attributes but he gets that brain block in the most vital of moments under time pressure. yesterday, 1 touch and wollop, no keeper stopping that

Christmas truly is the time for miracles, a Willian goal from open play!

That's exactly what I have been saying he needs to start doing and credit to him he took the chance superbly.

If he can do that with a bit of regularity then he'll become a much better and more vital player for us.

Christmas truly is the time for miracles, a Willian goal from open play!

That's exactly what I have been saying he needs to start doing and credit to him he took the chance superbly.

If he can do that with a bit of regularity then he'll become a much better and more vital player for us.

Come on fc, embrace the willian love, you know you want to. Edited by dkw

Funny thing, at free kicks he concentrates and it results in often beautiful goals or crosses.

If he concentrates of shooting with a none dead ball it often goes wide or at the keeper. The goal yesterday he looked like he just put his foot through it. Maybe a way going forward with it.

Come on fc, embrace the willian love, you know you want to.

I will if he scores more goals like last night's.

He has the skills to do it with some regularity but his goals and assists from open play is lacking for a player who spends so much time in the final third.

If he ended the season with 10 goals and 10 assists in total then it'd be a monumental improvement from him and that's what I'm hoping he can achieve.

He probably would be close to 10 assists by now if we took advantage of his set pieces. Our players seem to drift offside or mess up the finish completely. His deliveries from free kicks have been brilliant this season, i haven't seen anyone deliver a ball into the area as well as this for years. If he could do the same from corners he could become the next Beckham.......but with more energy and pace :biggrin:

After being criticised by many on this board including myself from time to time, I just wanted to say this..

Willian, you are a credit to Chelsea Football Club. Whilst everyone else's performances dropped, you were the one player who put your heart and soul into playing for us and thank you for not becoming part of the group who seemed to have forgotten to show up to play a game of football. If it wasn't for you, not only would we be out of the Champions League but we would also be in the relegation zone by a substantial margin.

Hopefully, you stay at Chelsea for years to come. ::ChELSeAFaN::

• 3 weeks later...

He has the Player of the Year award wrapped up already. There isn't any other contender even remotely close.

Have loved the fella from day one, a stunning player with an attitude to match his incredible talent. Thank f**k, I say thank f**k, that he never ended up at Tottenham. What a difference he would have made for them.

He has a tremendous ability to slow defenders down and then use his pace and ball control to get round them. 

If some of our other attackers can pull finger out (which appears to be happening) we are going to be very dangerous indeed.

Our player of the season so far without a doubt.