Andreas Christensen

T-val
Chelsea Megastore

“We have a clear example with Christensen,” Conte said. “Christensen played on loan at Borussia Moenchengladbach and now he's in our squad. He has played [almost] every game, not against Everton, and now he's ready to play. Ready to play in the Champions League. Ready to play from the start with Chelsea. I think, for the young players, it's very important to find the right path for them. To try to make them good experience and then to be ready to play for Chelsea.”

At last we seem to have handled the development of a youngster to our benefit. Of course, a lot of that has to do with the ability of the youngster and how he progresses but it is so pleasing so see this looking like things are going to turn out well.

I know we've already mentioned it but just imagine if we had spunked £50M on Stones when Mourinho was so desperate to sign him. That would have pretty much halted Christensen's career at CFC before it had even begun. For whatever reason that fell through we need to be thankful.

15 minutes ago, jack h said:

Except Luiz is a better defender

Most on here will agree with you. I think both have their own merits.  In terms of backs against the wall defensive ability Cahill is my choice. Pressing an opponent and going forward, Luiz  is the better choice. Both are capable of major cocks ups. Neither is world class. But both give us all they have. I'm glad we have them.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

That back 3 today should be our back three for years to come. Having Cahill and luiz as back up over the next few years would be nice.

It's salivating isn't it. Those 3 could be playing together for a while and it's fantastic. Rudiger has been a surprise but Christensen has been doing this in Germany for a while. I have a hard time thinking of how he gets left out of the team going forward if he keeps on. He's what John Stones was supposed to be.