JMaher94

Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

to think about it imagine if we didn't get humiliated at emirates, we could've still play with 4141 and probably be a 4th spot team 3th at best, now we're a genuine title contender

props to antonio for having the balls to say f**k it it can't be worst than this and revamp the whole system in the middle of the season. i really believe he himself didn't know we're going to be this damn good this fast, we looked absolutely clueless in pre-season playing 343/352

7 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

How good it is to dominate a game in such a comprehensive fashion.

The only caveat I have - and it seems really churlish to post this after such a win - is that bola is 100% correct in saying that our primary method of attack is still to counter-attack. 

That's okay, when Hazard is in stellar form and is kicking us off with early goals. Early goals mean the opposition need to come out against us, and that plays right into our hands. What we need to ensure is that we have a plan B for the times when we don't score early. 

The good thing is that we have proven ourselves capable of doing just that earlier in the season, with a string of come-from-behind victories. 

Yesterday was not primarily counter attacking football IMO. There were several periods in the game where Everton couldn't get the ball out of their own half. I can't recall any period of the match where they had a sustained period of possession.

But I take your point Syd. Conte has got the team transisitioning from defence to attack with speed but it is the amount of players that are committing forward in those transisitions that is the real difference. 

8 hours ago, just said:

? White noise. Fluffy kittens?

Conte has changed the system, personel, attitude, pace, tactics, tea lady, sandwiches, parking spaces and everything else to do with the club from top to bottom.

The turnaround in such a short space of time is nothing short of miraculous. And all this in the meanest, toughest, closest football league in the world. We are leading the way in high tempo quick passing football. Even Barca fans are starting to call their team Chelsealona.

I wasn't convinced by Conte at the outset but by Christ I am a convert now. Put your fluffy kittens and pre-conceived views away Bola and spread the Conte love. I tell you now, if we score 5 against Tottenham I am leaving the wife and offering to bear Antonio children.

Yesterday, we played sublime football.. when we have the ball, we actually know what to do, be that keeping possession or attack, it's well organized.. That's what I've been pursuing chelsea to play.. There were games where they gave me the impression they didn't want the ball, clumsy in possession, rushing the passing, too much focus on solidifying the defence, leaving our attack mainly on counter...  It seemed like they didn't have a gameplan with the ball and that's my main complain..

Conte or whoever the manager is has to encourage we play smart football like yesterday against everton.. best defence is best offence.. No place for parking the bus in a top flight football esspecially for a top team..

Oh on that last note, leaving your wife and bear conte's children?  lol.. you're not 100% straight , are you? haha.. I wouldn't be doing that even in a joke..

7 minutes ago, bola said:

Yesterday, we played sublime football.. when we have the ball, we actually know what to do, be that keeping possession or attack, it's well organized.. That's what I've been pursuing chelsea to play.. There were games where they gave me the impression they didn't want the ball, clumsy in possession, rushing the passing, too much focus on solidifying the defence, leaving our attack mainly on counter...  It seemed like they didn't have a gameplan with the ball and that's my main complain..

Conte or whoever the manager is has to encourage we play smart football like yesterday against everton.. best defence is best offence.. No place for parking the bus in a top flight football esspecially for a top team..

Oh on that last note, leaving your wife and bear conte's children?  lol.. you're not 100% straight , are you? haha.. I wouldn't be doing that even in a joke..

So translating that into English bola, what you are saying there is you were clearly wrong with your previous views on Conte and he is doing one helluva job in re-shaping and moulding the team to his vision and that I am a bit of a Julie.

8 hours ago, just said:

I tell you now, if we score 5 against Tottenham I am leaving the wife and offering to bear Antonio children.

f**k off bitch, he's mine :smile:

19 minutes ago, bola said:

you just can't help it do you

twat

Just now, just said:

So translating that into English bola, what you are saying there is you were clearly wrong with your previous views on Conte and he is doing one helluva job in re-shaping and moulding the team to his vision and that I am a bit of a Julie.

No, my previous view before was from the previous games earlier this season.. what I complained has 'finally' been answered yesterday, a proper gameplan with the ball, the kind of football we should have started playing at the start of the season... But just for your satisfaction, if the team continuing playing like yesterday then I don't mind you said conte proving me wrong and I like to be proven wrong in this case anyway..

Regardless that Everton were missing their most influential player this season in Idrissa Gueye, who holds the entire midfield together, Chelsea's performance is almost without precedent.

Unlike Mourinho, who played the same ad infinitum expecting different results, Conte changed it up until it worked. Great from him. Chelsea actually looks like a conteder now, albeit Liverpool looks on a similar level.

Will be an interesting title race.

I'm stunned at how  good we are at the moment. I don't ever recall seeing us playing like this. so utterly dominant. it was on another planet. 

If we play like that every week no one can stop us. 

Forza Conte

honestly, whatever happens here on out (barring a massive meltdown) he definintely needs to be our long term manager/coach if he wants to be. we have been through every other coach out there and he's showing he can compete with the top managers. he is making me not feel bad for missing out on pep, in fact i have completely forgotten pep was managing in the league. 

Edited by enigma

11 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Lol, he was part of a Juventus side containing Paolo Montero. Conte was a plugger of a midfielder with a great engine and a bit more technique than most. The Raul Meireles of Turin. 

Conte was a far better player than that. He wasn't Zidane, but he was the captain of a Juventus side that reached two consecutive CL finals. And Paolo Montero was a superb defender, despite being a psychopath.

8 hours ago, Jezz said:

He's exceeded all expectations! It's breathtaking to see how the team has progressed substantially in a short space of time and see them become genuine contenders for the title.

Fantastic manager and I'm absolutely over the moon to see how we've performed. There's definitely no pining for Jose now!

This This and This - Jose is now like that girl you had great times with but ultimately was destined for nothing more. Conte's the one we marry :) 

1 hour ago, enigma said:

honestly, whatever happens here on out (barring a massive meltdown) he definintely needs to be our long term manager/coach if he wants to be. we have been through every other coach out there and he's showing he can compete with the top managers. he is making me not feel bad for missing out on pep, in fact i have completely forgotten pep was managing in the league. 

I think given the makeup of the league now he will get more time. No one can call who will win the league this season. If you pushed me I would put my money on City but with great hesitancy, given the competative nature of the league currently i think he will be given some time. Top 4 is probably a must and anything else would be a bonus.  

Jose was touted for his people managing skills but I think Conte is even better in that area. Conte has a softer approach and it seems to work. The players really put everything in for Conte and they have bought into his ideas.

Looking at Jose it looks he has lost something.

3 hours ago, just said:

Yesterday was not primarily counter attacking football IMO. There were several periods in the game where Everton couldn't get the ball out of their own half. I can't recall any period of the match where they had a sustained period of possession.

But I take your point Syd. Conte has got the team transisitioning from defence to attack with speed but it is the amount of players that are committing forward in those transisitions that is the real difference. 

Fair point. I also agree with what you are bola are saying though, our counter-attacks have far better quality than ever. Honestly, I haven't seen us this good at counter-attacking since maybe Ranieri. While Mourinho and Ancelotti certainly had perhaps better teams, they also benefited from individuals in career-defining form whereas what's most evident is Conte's system is the teamwork and organisation is improving.

It's not about counter-attacking, it's all about the movement.

In the last 5 games we have run 26km more than our opponents.

We don't stop moving, Everton could not handle it.

Because of the constant whistle to whistle movement, we were able to pass much quicker, one touch passing was the norm, their was always 2 or 3 players available to receive a pass.

In the five-game winning sequence that helped take Chelsea to the top of the Premier League table on Saturday night, Conte's men have outrun their opponents by a combined distance of around 26 kilometres. The work rate is conspicuous and purposeful.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10647038/antonio-conte-is-expertly-handling-chelseas-transformation

Spurs playing a back 3 today....don conte setting trends, and they said a back 3 cant work in tHE PL. Watching this and MOTD yesterday we look a good bit better than teh teams round us right now. 

Loving the feel good factor back at club. Hasn't felt like that since Jose returned 2nd time - even then on the pitch wasn't as fun as this. 

Talk of title is way too soon. Top 4 is all I'm looking for this season - anything else is a bonus. 

12 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Loving the feel good factor back at club. Hasn't felt like that since Jose returned 2nd time - even then on the pitch wasn't as fun as this. 

Talk of title is way too soon. Top 4 is all I'm looking for this season - anything else is a bonus. 

Yes, true. However what is important to note is that 6 games again Europa League places looked like a real struggle.