JMaher94

Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

On 2/11/2016 at 17:16, Sexyfootball said:

Certainly seems to be working ! Only in three games so far this season have we failed to score two goals (all lost incidentally). When we have scored 2+, we are won 9 drawn 1 lost 0.

Contrast to our old manager's continuing negative approach at United, who have scored one goal in their last 4 PL games. I thought it was amusing to see Rashford and Lingard continually defending by their own corner flag at Stamford Bridge .... he's still trying to bash the creativity out of his attacking players in favour of defending and "tracking back".

Thankfully Conte is cut from different cloth.

and also henrick mkhtiryan is getting mata chelsea's treatment..

Just now, charierre said:

The turnaround from last season is remarkable. Conte deserves all the plaudits for instilling a work ethic within the team. We are now very good to watch. Excitement has returned to the Bridge.

let's be real mate - the excitement never left - last season it was a relegation battle - this season it a Title Challenge :P

11 minutes ago, adineen98 said:

Amazing to think that a few weeks ago, the media were essentially calling for his head. Now we are top, 5 games in a row won, 5 clean sheets in a row, and blowing the opposition away in the process

More like Paddypower were calling for his head. Clever move on their part, granted.

'You can fool all of the punters some of the time and the bookmaker always wins.'

He was a quality player, that played the game the right way, in teams with world class players, he was always going to play good attractive football, i was completely over awed with play tonight, Conte must be struggling to contain his sheer delight..

3 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

He was a quality player, that played the game the right way,

Lol, he was part of a Juventus side containing Paolo Montero. Conte was a plugger of a midfielder with a great engine and a bit more technique than most. The Raul Meireles of Turin. 

8 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

He was a quality player, that played the game the right way, in teams with world class players, he was always going to play good attractive football, i was completely over awed with play tonight, Conte must be struggling to contain his sheer delight..

Think of what must be going through Roman's head right now

22 minutes ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Lol, he was part of a Juventus side containing Paolo Montero. Conte was a plugger of a midfielder with a great engine and a bit more technique than most. The Raul Meireles of Turin. 

Do some better research before i start quoting who he played with!!!

15 minutes ago, Stim said:

I wonder if/when we are going to get to a '5-3 spurs' like result and how we bounce back from it this time

We have just witnessed a near perfect performance, enjoy the moment. Conte deserves incredible credit for this turnaround , we were a squad with poor work ethic and mentally weak, we aren't the finished article but we look like a team again.

On 04/11/2016 at 02:28, bola said:

When we play 4-2-3-1 (on paper), in reality, the wide players of the 3 behind the striker are very much attached to the defence, similar to what moses and alonso are doing.. 

Wing back/fullback is just a term, by right, they perform the same role and we don't have winger, at least we haven't got 1 who play like one and since mata's gone, which player that actually play as #10? no, we never deploy this so called #10 as you're led to believe.. 

Of course conte is not without credit, he plucked out 1 player from the defence and replaced him as another player behind the striker, that's better than stuffing the defence with 6 players.. Also, instead of using hazard as wingback, he chose someone who's more appropriate for that role and then he uses hazard in a role who can play as #10 or second striker..

However, in a general play, we're still focusing on keeping the defence solid BY getting players behind the ball in quite significant number and mainly using counter attack as our offence solution..

In term of organizing offence, conte hasn't done much but when the team delivered 4 wins out of 4 with 11 goals scored and zero conceded, what more do you want?? T

? White noise. Fluffy kittens?

Conte has changed the system, personel, attitude, pace, tactics, tea lady, sandwiches, parking spaces and everything else to do with the club from top to bottom.

The turnaround in such a short space of time is nothing short of miraculous. And all this in the meanest, toughest, closest football league in the world. We are leading the way in high tempo quick passing football. Even Barca fans are starting to call their team Chelsealona.

I wasn't convinced by Conte at the outset but by Christ I am a convert now. Put your fluffy kittens and pre-conceived views away Bola and spread the Conte love. I tell you now, if we score 5 against Tottenham I am leaving the wife and offering to bear Antonio children.

19 minutes ago, just said:

? White noise. Fluffy kittens?

Conte has changed the system, personel, attitude, pace, tactics, tea lady, sandwiches, parking spaces and everything else to do with the club from top to bottom.

The turnaround in such a short space of time is nothing short of miraculous. And all this in the meanest, toughest, closest football league in the world. We are leading the way in high tempo quick passing football. Even Barca fans are starting to call their team Chelsealona.

I wasn't convinced by Conte at the outset but by Christ I am a convert now. Put your fluffy kittens and pre-conceived views away Bola and spread the Conte love. I tell you now, if we score 5 against Tottenham I am leaving the wife and offering to bear Antonio children.

How good it is to dominate a game in such a comprehensive fashion.

The only caveat I have - and it seems really churlish to post this after such a win - is that bola is 100% correct in saying that our primary method of attack is still to counter-attack. 

That's okay, when Hazard is in stellar form and is kicking us off with early goals. Early goals mean the opposition need to come out against us, and that plays right into our hands. What we need to ensure is that we have a plan B for the times when we don't score early. 

The good thing is that we have proven ourselves capable of doing just that earlier in the season, with a string of come-from-behind victories. 

1 hour ago, Stim said:

I wonder if/when we are going to get to a '5-3 spurs' like result and how we bounce back from it this time

We already have and worse at The Emirates and it triggered the change to what we see now.

He's exceeded all expectations! It's breathtaking to see how the team has progressed substantially in a short space of time and see them become genuine contenders for the title.

Fantastic manager and I'm absolutely over the moon to see how we've performed. There's definitely no pining for Jose now!

18 minutes ago, Jezz said:

He's exceeded all expectations! It's breathtaking to see how the team has progressed substantially in a short space of time and see them become genuine contenders for the title.

Fantastic manager and I'm absolutely over the moon to see how we've performed. There's definitely no pining for Jose now!

Even if Conte flopped there shouldnt be anymore pining for Jose, he f**ked last season so bad.