N'golo Kante - We are not worthy!

• 4 weeks later...

I can’t believe fans are even considering selling Kante. We have no one in our current team better than him in his position. He’s world class. All this seems to be because of a weak last season, in which we heavily relied on him as our only world class player and played him injured on a number of occasions, further impacting his ability to reach 100% fitness. The numbers being banded about for him are sickeningly low. For me Kante in inexpendible.

Up until the transfer summer he was the only world class player that we got. And the last one for a very long time that could claim he is the best player in the world of his position. 

Selling him for less than 100 millions? Ludicrous.  

Guest Sindre
7 hours ago, Frawdulant said:

I can’t believe fans are even considering selling Kante. We have no one in our current team better than him in his position. He’s world class. All this seems to be because of a weak last season, in which we heavily relied on him as our only world class player and played him injured on a number of occasions, further impacting his ability to reach 100% fitness. The numbers being banded about for him are sickeningly low. For me Kante in inexpendible.

I suppose the issue is that he wasn't world-class the season before last seasons either.
So its been two years in a row where he hasn't performed up to his usual standards.

I believe Kante was rather easily the best central midfielder in the premiership when Conte was here. But unfortunately i can't say he has been anywhere near that level since. And i love Kante and wouldn't have sold prime Kante for 200 million.

The question is if he can get back to that level. I hope he can but i am honestly starting to lose a bit of hope. Injuries are picking up and he'll soon be 30 and that's never a good sign.

5 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I’ll be pissed off if we accept 50m for Kante. He’s worth way more than that.

Depends who we can replace him with, it's clear in Lampard system Kante is wasted and isn't really what we require. 

He's 30 next year so his market value will go down with that however you would still expect the biggest teams in Europe ready to spend 50 million plus on such a player. 

I love N'golo and think if we altered our shape and style he'd easily be the best midfuelder in the EPL but sadly I can't see is doing that for whatever reason. 

I can only think its a tactical financial decision, despite the FFP and Covid factors enabling Roman to open up his check book big time if the club want to bring in more new faces it seems as though a sale or 2 is required, the players on everybody's hit list - Drinky, Baka, Emerson, Zappa, a CB or 2, etc. aren't going to raise much money if at all. Rather see all that lot sold first, but as it seems to be a depressed market he may have to go to raise cash.

6 minutes ago, General said:

I can only think its a tactical financial decision, despite the FFP and Covid factors enabling Roman to open up his check book big time if the club want to bring in more new faces it seems as though a sale or 2 is required, the players on everybody's hit list - Drinky, Baka, Emerson, Zappa, a CB or 2, etc. aren't going to raise much money if at all. Rather see all that lot sold first, but as it seems to be a depressed market he may have to go to raise cash.

Yes. Could well be that we aren't making ANY money off those players and they will all be going out on loan and in some cases maybe not even that. 

Kante we might be forced to sell because no one is buying. 

15 hours ago, Frawdulant said:

This seems to be the recurring theme "he's world class!", not by last season he isn't, and it can't be ignored. Kante had a long break and when we came back he still wasn't playing well, we have to be realistic here, 29 years old, lots of injuries, a game that relies around pace, if we get a good offer, we should definitely consider accepting it. 

I wouldn't say I'm eager when it comes to selling Kante at all, only if a good offer came in. I'm still hoping we can get the old Kante back, but I haven't been too impressed with Kante for over a year now I have to say and I don't have a lot of faith that we'll ever see the Kante we had under Conte playing for us again. 

Edited by Slojo

6 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Sell Kante for £60M and buy Tiago Alcantara for £30M ? 

A top class deep lying play maker probably a better fit for how Frank wants to play than Kante ? Replacement for Jorginho as well !

Then I would rather sell Jorginho (and/ or Barkley) and buy TA

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Isn't Conte out of a job just now?

No they came to an agreement and he continues at Inter.

There sure are a lot of reports in Italy today that Conte is going all in for Kante. 

If we get a big offer i think the club would sell him to be honest. 

17 minutes ago, Sindre said:

No they came to an agreement and he continues at Inter.

There sure are a lot of reports in Italy today that Conte is going all in for Kante. 

If we get a big offer i think the club would sell him to be honest. 

If that does happen I could see us going in for Rice.

12 hours ago, Slojo said:

This seems to be the recurring theme "he's world class!", not by last season he isn't, and it can't be ignored. Kante had a long break and when we came back he still wasn't playing well, we have to be realistic here, 29 years old, lots of injuries, a game that relies around pace, if we get a good offer, we should definitely consider accepting it. 

I wouldn't say I'm eager when it comes to selling Kante at all, only if a good offer came in. I'm still hoping we can get the old Kante back, but I haven't been too impressed with Kante for over a year now I have to say and I don't have a lot of faith that we'll ever see the Kante we had under Conte playing for us again. 

I think it would be extremely unfair to say that a single injury filled season would deem a player is no longer world class. Imagine if we used that logic with Drogba following the 07-08 and 08-09 seasons, or even John Terry following the 12-13 season.

The reality is that if he had had the same poor season but at another club and he was on the market for £45M we'd all be screaming for Marina to sign him up.