ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019

6 hours ago, carrickblue said:

there is no way I can bring myself to back Liverpool. Sorry, just can't stoop that low

I'm planning to ignore it

Same. They are my top 2 most disliked teams, I just couldn't possibly pick one over the other.

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Same. They are my top 2 most disliked teams, I just couldn't possibly pick one over the other.

Totally agree mate.

6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I have tried to imagine the positives where one winning would be better than the other, but every time the negatives outweigh the positives. I think this is the first final ever where I can't pick one over the other.

There aren't any positives in either team winning it. (For me anyway !)

It's just a nightmare CL Final !

7 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I have tried to imagine the positives where one winning would be better than the other, but every time the negatives outweigh the positives. I think this is the first final ever where I can't pick one over the other.

Just pray it goes to penalties, that way at least we can console ourselves that the losing fan base has to suffer the most heartbreaking way to lose a CL final.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Blue Exile said:

Just pray it goes to penalties, that way at least we can console ourselves that the losing fan base has to suffer the most heartbreaking way to lose a CL final.

A glimmer of hope !:biggrin:

Oh and the team in the lead from early on (hope building up through the game).

Loses a very late goal, say 96th minute and it goes to extra time.

Both teams then have a 'controversial goal' disallowed and / or both miss a penalty

Then the team who were leading in the game, loose it in sudden death penalties.

:drama::biggrin:

Edited by erskblue

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, erskblue said:

If I think of Liverpool losing the final, I can get a laugh out of their reactions on radio phone in shows and Klopp losing his 4th final in a row with Liverpool. But on the opposite side we get Tottenham winning the biggest trophy of the lot, overcoming their Spursy title and potentially boosting their club to massive highs. With a new Stadium and being known as European Champions, it's a massive statement and could attract big names to their club. When we won the thing, we got a massive boost by signing Oscar, Azpilicueta and best of the lot, Eden Hazard. If we hadn't won it, we probably wouldn't have signed any of these players.

Then I imagine Tottenham losing the final. The Spursy title holds firm, and we get a laugh out of their defeat. But on the opposite side, we have Liverpool probably cementing their spot as one of the best teams in Europe for the next decade. This victory would change everything. They would change from nearly men to Champions, and in football it always makes a big difference when you get that first big win. It would be endless gloating from their fans and the media would be unbearable. It's bad enough when Liverpool aren't winning things, football will be unbearable if they do start winning trophies.

It's exactly as you say, it's a nightmare final for us Chelsea fans.

Edited by Scott Harris

7 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

If I think of Liverpool losing the final, I can get a laugh out of their reactions on radio phone in shows and Klopp losing his 4th final in a row with Liverpool. But on the opposite side we get Tottenham winning the biggest trophy of the lot, overcoming their Spursy title and potentially boosting their club to massive highs. With a new Stadium and being known as European Champions, it's a massive statement and could attract big names to their club. When we won the thing, we got a massive boost by signing Oscar, Azpilicueta and best of the lot, Eden Hazard. If we hadn't won it, we probably wouldn't have signed any of these players.

Then I imagine Tottenham losing the final. The Spursy title holds firm, and we get a laugh out of their defeat. But on the opposite side, we have Liverpool probably cementing their spot as one of the best teams in Europe for the next decade. This victory would change everything. They would change from nearly men to Champions, and in football it always makes a big difference when you get that first big win. It would be endless gloating from their fans and the media would be unbearable. It's bad enough when Liverpool aren't winning things, football will be unbearable if they do start winning trophies.

It's exactly as you say, it's a nightmare final for us Chelsea fans.

That stadium now needs paying for, which means Levy isn’t going to move away from  the wage structure he enforced any time soon. There were also reports that Poch was considering moving on if Spurs went all the way and won it - can’t go any further right?

I think there is probably more chance that Spurs plateau and fade due to financial restrictions/policies, than grow into a European power house. 

55 minutes ago, erskblue said:

The only 2 scenarios I see that neither team win are that both are taken out of the competition for a bribing scandel or the final is cancelled due to a natural or man-made catastrophe. The latter is already the case, so.....:bell_winner-bf:

Otherwise I will take to my bed for at least a year with the covers over my head, pretending this isn't happening.

9 hours ago, carrickblue said:

Think I might score some points and take the wife out on 1 June :laugh2:

Yes - desperate times call for desperate measures.

If anyone can get hold of one of those CL Final half / half scarfs let me know - I might hang myself with it.

Tottenham and Liverpool. As a Chelsea fan, which team do you favour to win the final?

Or do you just forgo seeing the game and instead hang yourself?

Of the two evils, think it's an easy choice. Liverpool going from five to six European cups doesn't make a huge difference. Yes they will be horribly smug, nausesting etc but we have survived that in the past, in fact we had to put up with number five under much more painful circumstances as they'd knocked us out of the semi.

but sp*rs would be a far bigger blow. We'd lose the tag of only london team to win it, the poch media love-in would never return to planet earth again and along with new stadium, propel them to a whole new level of club. Their best players will stay, big names will want to join them. Basically it could take years to catch up with them. 

Its a no brainer for me.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Old Shaggy said:

Is anyone actually considering watching it?

I think sometimes you have to endure the pain to really appreciate the better times. It will be like attaching electrodes to my bollocks but think I will have to watch it. 

Be strong fellow Blues - we CAN get through this.

Edited by Nibs

The worst possible scenario, while basking in the failure of the losers we would have to endure the media love for the winners.

I just think with BBC, BT Sport, TalkSPORT and Sky Sports with Carragher, Phil Thompson, Redknapp and Souness it would be even more unbearable.

It would turn into Sky Sports Liverpool, TalkLIVERPOOL  etc.... they'll probably start a petition to get Klopp knighted.

There's much more Liverpool in the media across all those platforms, we would have it shoved in our faces constantly, it would be non-stop torture.

That would be too much for me to take.

As much as I hate Liverpool, I think it's the lesser of two bads if they win the Champions League.

Just need to win our own final (after winning tonight of course) then I will be able to live with it, just.

Posted (edited)

Is it too much to hope for the final going to a penalty shoot out which goes on forever without anyone winning it ?

Quite incredible to see Spurs into the final with a competition record of won 6 drawn 2 and lost 4 ... they scraped out of their group on away goals head-to-head with Inter, then scraped through the quarters and semis on away goals against City and Ajax ... probably the least dominant team ever to reach the final ?

Also, the final being contested by two teams that finished 3rd and 4th in their league to qualify ... hardly "Champions" LOL

Edited by Sexyfootball