Chelsea V Arsenal (PL) Sat 18th Aug 17:30 UK

coco

Kepa - Azpi - Rudiger - Luiz - Emerson/Alonso - Kante - Jorginho - Kovacic - CHO - Hazard - Willian

Please I need to see CHO take on and humiliate Bellerin again. Morata is invisible all game anyway rather play CHO and have fun watching Bellerin falling over. 

8 minutes ago, zes said:

Kepa - Azpi - Rudiger - Luiz - Emerson/Alonso - Kante - Jorginho - Kovacic - CHO - Hazard - Willian

Please I need to see CHO take on and humiliate Bellerin again. Morata is invisible all game anyway rather play CHO and have fun watching Bellerin falling over. 

you know all of our wingers are licking their chops to go after Bellerin - especially after he got abused in Dublin - also Maitland-Niles got hurt - I know this allows the gooners to play Lichtsteiner, but not sure how his older legs can hold up vs Chelsea pressure from the flanks

No reason why we can’t beat them

Kepa 

azbi rudiger luiz Alonso 

kante jorginho Barkley 

pedro morata hazard 

subs : caballero, christensen, giroud, Kovacic, willian, loftus cheek, Emerson 

like to see Kovacic come on along with willian and giroud around 60min 

2 hours ago, Jezq8 said:

No reason why we can’t beat them

Kepa 

azbi rudiger luiz Alonso 

kante jorginho Barkley 

pedro morata hazard 

subs : caballero, christensen, giroud, Kovacic, willian, loftus cheek, Emerson 

like to see Kovacic come on along with willian and giroud around 60min 

I'd play your team but play Pedro, Hazard, ChO, Hazard to play the Messi role, 100% better than Morata

We outplayed their 1st team with a bunch of our kids in pre-season so this one doesn't worry me. 2-0 Chels

Kepa

Azpi   Rudiger   Luiz   Emerson

Kante  Jorginho  Barkley

Pedro  Morata  Willian

Emerson in for Alonso as Arsenal will actually try to attack us. Alonso is okay in games like Huddersfield when the full backs can get forward and not have to worry about getting back but Bellerin will tear him up again. Would like to see CHO against Bellerin again but we need Willian and Pedro up to match sharpness asap. 

Give Morata another chance at trying to put the ball in the back of the net.

Bring Eden on in the 60th.

Keep Luiz for now but could struggle with Auba/Laca's movement. 

Barkley should keep his place for now but needs to show a little something in terms of end product. 

Arsenal were decent against City in spells and should have at least scored.

The flip side is, theyre still a very soft side with a weak under belly.

If we're actually clinical this time around compared to the game in Dublin we should be out of sight with about 20mins to play.

I think we'll win anyway but it will be a difficult game, Arsenal are arguably the weakest side in the top 6 so we will have a decent gauge of where we stand after this result.

I'd go with

Kepa

Azp Rudiger Luiz Alonso

Kante Jorginho Barkley

Pedro Morata Hazard

Subs:

Willy 

Christensen Zappa 

RLC Kovacic

Willian

Giroud

Sarri should should play whatever he feels is his best 11 now. So that should hopefully include hazard and kovacic. 

The back 4 did okay against Huddersfield, I'm not convinced alonso has the pace, but he was pretty good second half, and managed to get a couple of decent overlaps in. I just feel if you compare the attacking threat from our full backs compared to city's, it is night and day.

If the game is as open as the city match, then I think we will beat them comfortably. 

I think it can be a very hard game for us but if Hazard starts and has the right mindset it can put us ahead at half time which should be enough for a win, I just think that it's a game where anything can go wrong for us early on so the squad really needs to show up from the start, nobody should underestimate Arsenal here even if it's at home that's what they want.

Two new managers trying to implement their ideas, neither defence looks comfortable being pressed at the moment although we look the more comfortable playing out from the back....just might be a case of who presses the most wins.  Can see us squeaking a win and watch Arsenal Fan TV going into meltdown. 

Archived