Chelsea V Liverpool (PL) Sat 29th Sep 17:30 UK

On way home from game, sad we didn't hold on. Positive dippers won't win league as long as they got hole in their arses!! On a side note, their support as always was shocking, quiet as mouse's, as if we would be like that at their place, " o when the blues,o when the blues go steaming in, o when the blues go steaming in"

Edited by chi blue
Spelling

Agree with most of what has been said here. Desperately need a striker and a better alternative to Pedro/Willian/Moses. Regrettably Barkley is turning into this year’s Babayoko! Kovacik starting to look really good and Rudiger/ Luiz may turn out to be the real deal? At the beginning of the week I’d have settled for one win and one draw against the Scousers! Altogether a good performance with a lot to be excited about, I think. 

3 minutes ago, OnePeterOsgood said:

Agree with most of what has been said here. Desperately need a striker and a better alternative to Pedro/Willian/Moses. Regrettably Barkley is turning into this year’s Babayoko! Kovacik starting to look really good and Rudiger/ Luiz may turn out to be the real deal? At the beginning of the week I’d have settled for one win and one draw against the Scousers! Altogether a good performance with a lot to be excited about, I think. 

That is ridiculous. Barkley has already had a better season than Bakayoko did last season.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

I think it's right that Barkley get's criticism for his mistake that led to the goal, but we can't pretend it was only him that struggled today with that. Every single one of those midfielders gave the ball away in stupid areas at least once today, the difference was that Barkley's mistake happened to land at the feet of someone who has scored plenty of ridiculous goals like that in his career.

I see it as more of team problem than an individual one. We need to be quicker on our feet in tight situations. Pass and move has to be spot on against Liverpool's press and it wasn't today.

It was difficult to play out under the press that Liverpool put on us. However Barkley is prone to very loose passes, more so than any of the other midfielders. I wouldn't put the blame for the goal on Barkley today though. 

As a team we are definately improving playing through the press, but it's still early days, and Liverpool along with city, are the best 2 pressing clubs in Europe.

Thought Luiz deserves some credit, he gets slated for his defending, but I thought he was pretty solid today, and also hit 2 world class passes, that would've ended up in the back of the net if pedro was on the end of them, rather than Willian.

Also Kepa was very steady, good distribution, he made one outstanding save, and I don't think he could've done more for goal.

Giroud was poor again though, morata actually held the ball up better when he came on. 

1 hour ago, EmeraldBlue said:

Good match and a fair result even if it's a sucker punch at the death. I'm beginning to get Kovavic' it's like having a 2nd Kante in the team. Barkley I'm sorry to say is a liability. Morata, even though he can't buy a goal, was much better than Giroud today. Luiz my motm.

P.S. the two most expensive goalies in the world might have done better on both goals.

Agree with all that except I don't think you can fault kepa. It was on a postage stamp and he nearly got a fingertip to it. If anyone is to blame it's maybe kante for not getting tight enough.

40 minutes ago, chi blue said:

On way home from game, sad we didn't hold on. Positive dippers won't win league as long as they got hole in their arses!! On a side note, their support as always was shocking, quiet as mouse's, as if we would be like that at their place, " o when the blues,o when the blues go steaming in, o when the blues go steaming in"

Their fans think this draw means they gonna win the title now...very hard to tolerate them without insulting them

1 hour ago, EmeraldBlue said:

the two most expensive goalies in the world might have done better on both goals.

13 minutes ago, big blue said:

Agree with all that except I don't think you can fault kepa. It was on a postage stamp and he nearly got a fingertip to it. If anyone is to blame it's maybe kante for not getting tight enough.

if anyone is to be blamed on The Danny Boy Stud goal, then it's Kante for not closing down Danny Boy him - everyone should know that Danny Boy can only shoot left footed & to be fair, & Kante never closed the distance - Danny Boy thought to himself, "oh? I am going to take a crack at this". Still I have to applaud Danny Boy Stud & I am happy he didn't celebrated in Stamford Bridge

Thought Luiz deserves some credit, he gets slated for his defending, but I thought he was pretty solid today, and also hit 2 world class passes, that would've ended up in the back of the net if pedro was on the end of them, rather than Willian.
Also Kepa was very steady, good distribution, he made one outstanding save, and I don't think he could've done more for goal.
Giroud was poor again though, morata actually held the ball up better when he came on. 
Absolutely rock today he deserves praise Luiz

11 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

A lot of mixed emotions for me. Frustrated with the result, happy that we are competitive and quality and worried that with our subs we made our team worse. Moses and Barkley so poor. 

1.5 month ago most of us would take this draw no questions asked though!

Goes to show how much Sarri managed to improve the squad in so little time, while Klopp that has been so much longer in the Premier League can't win against us!

Thought this was a very high quality game. I watched Man U v west ham earlier and it was lower league compared to our game. Chelsea and Liverpool was high tempo, high quality all over. 

Despite Liverpool having more goal threatners  we coped for much of the game. I don’t think anyone could ask for much more. 

Pleasure to watch that game and Chelsea can be proud of themselves. 

At the start of the season I was pretty fearful about what I believed was a huge gap between us and Liverpool and City. I'd no idea whether Sarri could get our guys to play but guess we could all see that Klopp and Pep had teams with a settled way of playing. 

Today we went toe to toe with Liverpool. It wasn't a Conte or a Mourinho approach it was full of self belief, confidence in our own technical ability and quality. The game was the best encounter we've seen this season.

But for a wonderful strike by Sturridge we'd have taken all the points and beaten them twice in one week. I couldn't have imagined back in August that we'd be able to compete with them so well.

I'm growing to like Sarriball a lot.

1 hour ago, JJP said:

Honestly, what are some people smoking? A few games ago people were all over Barkley for his perfomance in europa and now he’s worse than Bakayoko? Give me a break.

You heard of a knee jerk reaction, well this is the reaction of certain fans after Chelsea don’t win every single game...

CEEF8956-7176-4223-8A91-1E384F1A76D7.gif

Gutted we couldn't hold out another few minutes and get the victory, still we're still unbeaten this season and we have an ok run of games coming up.

What a difference in this team compared to the end of last season. Rudiger look pretty solid at the back, great goal saving block, luiz still worries me but I can't fault his performance today, Kovacic and Jorginho have slotted in to this side very well, Kante does what he does, and Hazard, what can I say, the best player in the prem by far. The missing piece of the jigsaw is the striker. Giroud and especially Morata really need to step up, play them both on Thursday I say, they badly need goals and confidence.

1 hour ago, dynamite said:

Gutted we couldn't hold out another few minutes and get the victory, still we're still unbeaten this season and we have an ok run of games coming up.

What a difference in this team compared to the end of last season. Rudiger look pretty solid at the back, great goal saving block, luiz still worries me but I can't fault his performance today, Kovacic and Jorginho have slotted in to this side very well, Kante does what he does, and Hazard, what can I say, the best player in the prem by far. The missing piece of the jigsaw is the striker. Giroud and especially Morata really need to step up, play them both on Thursday I say, they badly need goals and confidence.

We badly need goals from sources other than Hazard. Cause he needs help.

Giroud and morata chip in with goals? Highly unlikely. Willian? When hazard has put us 3 up already maybe. Pedro? Blows hot and cold. Moses? Please. Kante, jorginho, kovacic and the other midfield? Nope try again. 

Face it outside of eden our best chance of a goal is alonso and that is just sad.