Fikayo Tomori

ForeverCarefree

38 minutes ago, Valerie said:

If those reports are true...

We never see the fire at Chelsea, only the smoke, and it seems like their was one hell of a fire over the last 6 weeks.

Yesterday some people were saying believe Matt Law when he said Lampard is getting sacked, but a lot of us didn't want to believe it, then within hours of Franks sacking Matt Law reports about the unrest, and now some people are surprised the fans go after the players. Maybe Matt Law should be banned from twitter like Trump for false stories ?:biggrin:

Matt Law spot on about Rudiger no doubt, just wish we had fans in the stadium, instead he gets to lay low, have a joke and a laugh in training. This is the power of being a ‘personality’ in the dressing room, you can inflict so much influence, the bullying clearly paved the way for the Milan move, Frank can only ostracise so many players with Alonso already locked up.

12 hours ago, Term_X said:

Matt Law spot on about Rudiger no doubt, just wish we had fans in the stadium, instead he gets to lay low, have a joke and a laugh in training. This is the power of being a ‘personality’ in the dressing room, you can inflict so much influence, the bullying clearly paved the way for the Milan move, Frank can only ostracise so many players with Alonso already locked up.

Matt Law is a journalist. Meaning he wouod write a smear piece on his own daughter of it meant he got the front page and multiple clicks.

They are bottoming feeding pond skum and would not know the truth if it bite them on the a*se!

And that is the PG version.

19 hours ago, Term_X said:

It turns out he wasn't spot on, look at Abraham and Azpilicueta's tweets. No way would Azpilicueta lie about that if the reports were true. 

47 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It turns out he wasn't spot on, look at Abraham and Azpilicueta's tweets. No way would Azpilicueta lie about that if the reports were true. 

Seems so now, that is quite a f**k up though, especially as he was so definitive about it. I think for myself (and seemingly others) Rudiger is one of the most frustrating figures in the squad, someone that shouldn’t be there taking up space, so the story was convenient; don’t want a player like that feeling welcome or comfortable. 

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Matt Law is a journalist. Meaning he wouod write a smear piece on his own daughter of it meant he got the front page and multiple clicks.

They are bottoming feeding pond skum and would not know the truth if it bite them on the a*se!

And that is the PG version.

My sister is a  journalist. I run a podcast with 7000 downloads a week and write a lot of articles on electricity. Journalist\s get put in prison, sued, shot chasing after truth. A free press is one of democracy’s greatest strengths. Not all journos are perfect but you can shove your views right up your arse as far as I’m concerned. Ffs Winston Churchill was a journalist, Boris Johnston was a journalist 

6 minutes ago, ozboy said:

My sister is a  journalist. I run a podcast with 7000 downloads a week and write a lot of articles on electricity. Journalist\s get put in prison, sued, shot chasing after truth. A free press is one of democracy’s greatest strengths. Not all journos are perfect but you can shove your views right up your arse as far as I’m concerned. Ffs Winston Churchill was a journalist, Boris Johnston was a journalist 

Totally f**ked the quite good case you were making , there.  

34 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I thought someone might say that. 🙂

34 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

On 09/01/2021 at 22:14, Gol15 said:

Tomori had 1 bad game when he played almost like a full back, what other game did he play bad in order for us to compare him with someone like Christensen?

I have been thinking he’d  make a good fullback. 

45 minutes ago, ozboy said:

I wish these Twitter know-it-all 'journalists' would get put in prison, and Boris Johnson can join them too.

Just now, bluedave said:

I wish these Twitter know-it-all 'journalists' would get put in prison, and Boris Johnson can join them too.

We’ll get off topic. I own a biography  about a guy Neil Davis who was killed covering the Vietnam war. I’m sure it wouldn’t interest you. Let’s get back to Tomori. Opinions are free, facts are very often not. 

10 minutes ago, ozboy said:

We’ll get off topic. I own a biography  about a guy Neil Davis who was killed covering the Vietnam war. I’m sure it wouldn’t interest you. Let’s get back to Tomori. Opinions are free, facts are very often not. 

Facts are always free.  And indisputable.  That's why they are called facts.

11 minutes ago, ozboy said:

I don't think you realised my comment was just intended as an asinine knock of the legions of idiots writing nonsense and spreading rumours on Twitter. I do find the Vietnam War interesting (although googling Neil Davis tells me he died covering a coup in Bangkok in 1985), but have never been a big fan of biographies.

16 minutes ago, bluedave said:

I don't think you realised my comment was just intended as an asinine knock of the legions of idiots writing nonsense and spreading rumours on Twitter. I do find the Vietnam War interesting (although googling Neil Davis tells me he died covering a coup in Bangkok in 1985), but have never been a big fan of biographies.

It’s a while since I read the book. Cheers. 

23 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Facts are always free.  And indisputable.  That's why they are called facts.

You often end up having to buy information. And actually opinions are not always free either. I’m off to bed. Got to get up early to watch the game. 

18 minutes ago, ozboy said:

You often end up having to buy information. And actually opinions are not always free either. I’m off to bed. Got to get up early to watch the game. 

And if you buy information it is, by definition, suspect at the very best.  Sleep well - see you later.

22 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I did not expect him to get a start immediately. Well done Fik! I noticed he's wearing 23, lovely tribute to Carlo Cudicini :wink:

Now when I think about it, maybe Beckham did the same thing in Madrid, couldn't resist the Carlo number :tuschel:

Seems to be the regular starter now in the AC team, regardless of the injury to their regular CB.  Started again today and having a decent game so far.  Frank should never have let him go but Tomori may improve as a result. 

• 2 weeks later...

All hypotheticals I know but I do wonder where Tomori might have figured in Tuchel's plans had he still been around. 

Tomori performed well previously as part of a back three under Lampard and may have been in contention for playing on the left side of the three. He's quite two footed and decent with his distribution and might have found himself ahead of Zouma and possibly Christensen. 

Wonder what will happen come the summer. I'm not convinced Milan will stump up €30m for him regardless of how well he performs after they posted losses of £171m last year. 

We're allegedly going to prioritise signing a centre back in the summer so you'd think we're looking to offload at least one of the current squad already but could Tomori get a second chance under Tuchel? 

On 16/02/2021 at 14:13, ForeverCarefree said:

All hypotheticals I know but I do wonder where Tomori might have figured in Tuchel's plans had he still been around. 

Tomori performed well previously as part of a back three under Lampard and may have been in contention for playing on the left side of the three. He's quite two footed and decent with his distribution and might have found himself ahead of Zouma and possibly Christensen. 

Wonder what will happen come the summer. I'm not convinced Milan will stump up €30m for him regardless of how well he performs after they posted losses of £171m last year. 

We're allegedly going to prioritise signing a centre back in the summer so you'd think we're looking to offload at least one of the current squad already but could Tomori get a second chance under Tuchel? 

I very much doubt Tomori would have got any more playing time than Zouma is currently getting. Tuchel had already decided that Rudiger and Silva would play in his back 3 before the first training session, im sure. 

57 minutes ago, Coxy15 said:

I very much doubt Tomori would have got any more playing time than Zouma is currently getting. Tuchel had already decided that Rudiger and Silva would play in his back 3 before the first training session, im sure. 

I think in a back three then Silva/Rudiger/Azpi is the first choice option. Azpi would be the one most at risk, but when you factor in experience, levels of professionalism and leadership, then he gets the nod ahead of the other three (Zouma, Christensen, Tomori). Rudiger is not a popular player, and does have his limitations, but it is hard to argue that we haven't been defensively solid when he has started this season.

having said all that, personally I think Tomori's pace is a huge asset, and we have also been solid when he has played. I think he was a bit unlucky under Lampard not to feature much in the last year, and especially when he seemed to be forming a good partnership with Zouma.

I suspect he will stay in Italy if Milan can find the money. The football is decent, the weather, food and lifestyle are great ... what's not to like really ! The fact that he has made efforts to learn the language says to me that he might be in it for the long haul ...