coco

Chelsea v Everton (PL) Sun 8th Mar 14:00 GMT

Biggest difference am seeing is high press stopping and less space between the lines which he seems to have realise that just not going to work and stopped it.

Credit to Lamps for changing that because had we continued with that suicidal defence setup we would be in trouble.

Best performance all season so far.

Just now, coco said:

If Frank Leaves Billy on the bench i can see the fans rioting,    maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but you get my point.

The question is who gets the nod to play with Gilmour and Barkley in midfield for me  ... and Mount in pole position ! 🙂

Just now, Brutos said:

Shout out to Kepa came for crosses but his body on the line wasn't going to let anyone in

Kepa was immense, coming out to claim more and showing more bravery. The break did him the world of good.

Took it easy on them in the end - almost like we didn’t want to humiliate dear old Carlo on his return. How refreshing to relax with so long to go knowing points are safe - a rarity this season. Many good performances, but just want to highlight how Barkley played against his former club - really shut up those boo boys

Just now, enigma said:

Who was MOTM? I couldn't pick. Barkley, Mount, Giroud, Pedro, Willian, and Gilmour all stood out. 

Billy. Azpi was great too. I think that was Barkley's best performance since he joined us.

2 hours ago, DukesOfHazard said:

Disappointed Ruben hasn’t made the bench, if he’s missing match fitness at this point why was he on the bench last weekend? 

Pleased Billy is getting rewarded for schooling Liverpool!

Probably being saved for the Bayern game

2 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Biggest difference am seeing is high press stopping and less space between the lines which he seems to have realise that just not going to work and stopped it.

Credit to Lamps for changing that because had we continued with that suicidal defence setup we would be in trouble.

Best performance all season so far.

Having a centre forward that can hold the ball up and lay it off helps. The circumstances of his lack of pace has forced a change of tactics and this has no doubt helped in keeping the team more compact. 

what a performance.

everyone fantastic.

mount and the young guys will get all the plaudits, but i thought Azpilicueta, Barkley, and Pedro were fantastic.

injury crisis? what injury crisis?

Haha love it. come on chels

Worth noting as well that we had those youngsters on the pitch with no Transfer Ban excuse either. Hopefully holding fire in January pays off, it already has as far as Billy Gilmour's concerned. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, The Brit said:

Took it easy on them in the end - almost like we didn’t want to humiliate dear old Carlo on his return. How refreshing to relax with so long to go knowing points are safe - a rarity this season. Many good performances, but just want to highlight how Barkley played against his former club - really shut up those boo boys

Half of our team were a mere twinkle in their parents' eyes when Carlo was at Chelsea :wink:

Edited by Valerie

2 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Half of our team were a mere twinkle in their parents' eyes when Carlo was at Chelsea :wink:

That's a nice way to put it, or they were 8 years old and wetting the bed every night

6 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I think today we fielded 2 players both born after the 9/11 terror attacks,.....which seems like yesterday to me.

Excellent today!

Great performance across the team, scoring goals, keeping a clean sheet and being comfortable enough to blood a couple of youngsters.

A perfect day.

Just need a City win now😉