Chelsea v Man City (PL) Sun 3rd Jan 2021 16:30 GMT

Top four is gone. We’re 6-8 points off 4th when the games even up, and even then four teams between us and fourth. 

if we want to improve next season we need to start building for that now. That means a manager gets a full pre season, and half a season to start some patterns. 

love Lampard, always my favorite Chelsea player, but I think something has to change. Can’t keep doing the same thing and expect different results. And by same thing, I mean tactical naivety - we always seem to set up opposite to what we need. 

Just now, PhilH930 said:

Top four is gone. We’re 6-8 points off 4th when the games even up, and even then four teams between us and fourth. 

if we want to improve next season we need to start building for that now. That means a manager gets a full pre season, and half a season to start some patterns. 

love Lampard, always my favorite Chelsea player, but I think something has to change. Can’t keep doing the same thing and expect different results. And by same thing, I mean tactical naivety - we always seem to set up opposite to what we need. 

Utd came from 9 points behind in a short period. We have time, we just need to start collecting points asap

Just now, Gol15 said:

Havertz has made more assists from open play than Mount and Kovacic. But sure let's not build our team around him, who cares...

I knew you would come up with something like that.

"Build our team around him"...Sure let's build a team around someone who has been complete trash so far just because he made one decent cross against an opponent that switched off in stoppage time after dominating us for 90 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Dont get ahead of yourself, we would have still been sh*t and people would have just put all the blame on those 2.

Im glad they were subbed on after we were already getting battered so they wont get scapegoated

Ehhh...sarcasm?!

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

It's because we never fully comitted to it. If we are going to play possession based football, then why have we bought in so many players that aren't suited to it? Werner, Havertz, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Kovacic, Kante, Giroud, Abraham, these aren't players suited to possession based football. The only players in our team that this type of football would suit are Gilmour, Jorginho, Silva and maybe Ziyech. 

If we aren't going to bring in players suited to a certain style of football, then why are we trying to play that way?

I fully agree with this and in fact would say that Ziyech to me wants to be the quarterback rather than possession football. We have the counter attacking pacy players and we have a player with a left foot like Tom Brady's arm, yet we play this ridiculous possession football which has no pattern and no style.

Same old sh!t every game. FL will no doubt laud our character for battling to the end and nicking a goal back to show we still had the fight, rather than acknowledge that the game was dead and the Man City players had already mentally left the pitch.

Guest Sindre
1 minute ago, JM7 said:

Frank Lampard’s job as manager is under serious threat, The Athletic understands

(via @SJohnsonSport/@liam_twomey) #CFC

Oh sh*t.

If that is all true, that the club is looking at alternatives and there are tensions with the squad it's all over.