Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

Enjoyed this little throwaway line ("oh yeah should probably mention the ladies' team"):

As soon as practicable after the start of the men’s competition, a corresponding women’s league will also be launched, helping to advance and develop the women’s game.

Hopefully PL and the FA wont punish us too much. It looks like the clubs are trying to replace the champions league by guaranteeing their spots and only offering up 5 spots to other teams on a yearly basis. I honestly can't see how this can be any good for us.

I didn't like the direction UEFA was trying to make the CL go but this is far too extreme for my liking

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

The PL can’t afford to kick those clubs out. It would bankrupt the entire English league system - won’t happen. UEFA could kick us all out and ban us though although it would be signing their own death certificate for the CL. I still think there will be discussions and a deal will be made. 

The Champions League is already finished as we know it assuming this goes ahead. UEFA would have no say in the new competition so I cannot see why they would go easy on the clubs involved. The domestic FA's are all affiliated with UEFA and will almost certainly follow their lead. Thus the joint statement earlier.

Assuming this actually happens, and clubs arent kicked out of domestic leagues, surely if any super league team find themselves out of the title race around xmas, which wouldve been 4 or 5 teams this year, what motivation do they have to play their strongest team in the league? They don't need to get top 4, prize money is nothing compared to what they are earning in the super league. They would just heavily rotate at the weekend. Intergrity has gone completely, not to mention to financial gap that will open up. What about teams like Everton? would their owners still wamt to invest in a new stadium, knowing the have to win the league to have any possibility of playing in the top competition, all the while with about a 10th of the revenue. 

Madness. 

A quote from that d**khead at Real Madrid

“We will help football at every level and take it to its rightful place in the world. Football is the only global sport in the world with more than four billion fans and our responsibility as big clubs is to respond to their desires.”

I can't think of a single fan that desired this.........not one. Lying twat.

1 minute ago, forbzy said:

The Champions League is already finished as we know it assuming this goes ahead. UEFA would have no say in the new competition so I cannot see why they would go easy on the clubs involved. The domestic FA's are all affiliated with UEFA and will almost certainly follow their lead. Thus the joint statement earlier.

Like I said, there will be more discussions about this - it’s simply not possible for English football to survive without the money those clubs generate. Do you think Sky & BT will continue to front up the level of money they do for Norwich, Watford, Swansea, Brentford, Bournemouth & Barnsley replacing the big six? No chance. It would be catastrophic for the PL and all English football. It’ll rumble on towards the end of the season/summer & it’ll be resolved before the season starts.

Just now, Scott Harris said:

Madness. 

A quote from that d**khead at Real Madrid

I can't think of a single fan that desired this.........not one. Lying twat.

If this happens I would hope the fans would take a stand and do everything we can to stop it. 

Don't but tickets, don't buy the TV package and protest every single game. 

f**k these 🐍 

Just now, Chelsbear said:

If this happens I would hope the fans would take a stand and do everything we can to stop it. 

f**k these 🐍 

But we can still watch it illegally right?

9 minutes ago, big blue said:

Assuming this actually happens, and clubs arent kicked out of domestic leagues, surely if any super league team find themselves out of the title race around xmas, which wouldve been 4 or 5 teams this year, what motivation do they have to play their strongest team in the league? They don't need to get top 4, prize money is nothing compared to what they are earning in the super league. They would just heavily rotate at the weekend. Intergrity has gone completely, not to mention to financial gap that will open up. What about teams like Everton? would their owners still wamt to invest in a new stadium, knowing the have to win the league to have any possibility of playing in the top competition, all the while with about a 10th of the revenue. 

Lol at the fact that the PL is going to be like the backup/consolation Europa League of league titles for us in the future.

CL + PL + FA Cup + EFL Cup = Mickey mouse quadruple

Edited by sonic90

Just now, Deino said:

It pisses me off that Arsenal barely drew 1-1 against relegated Fulham but they are considered European elite because Kroenke is a vice-chairman.

I watched a bit of that game whilst the f1 got red flagged blissfully unaware of the impending disaster about to strike, thinking how sh*t it must be to be an arsenal fan right now. They were f**k awful. Now I know what it is like to be a fan of a laughing stock team. Opposing fans are going to give us a load of stick now and we have no valid argument against it. We can only hang our heads in shame

2 minutes ago, jack h said:

And that will be when many cancel their subscriptions. I'm not watching that sh*te when/if it happens.

I imagine it is going to go to streaming services rather than traditional broadcasters. It's going to be an Amazon job or a netflix thing. Or they will get their own streaming service up and running like the NFL pass

10 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

f**k these 🐍 

Problem is, they’re looking at a global TV market, encompassing China, Japan and any number of countries without a long-standing tradition of “top-class” football. Qatar, with its brand new blood soaked stadia will be in prime position to host European Super League matches The USA will naturally expect to host its share of “matchups” in the newly formed Judas League.

One thing you can guarantee is that the backers will have done their homework: what they’ll be offering will no doubt make the current Sky Sports  type deals look like small change. I reckon they’ll be aiming for a series of Super Bowl type TV showpieces, but with a more global appeal.

Yeah I know it stinks.

This league will not be followed by match day fans anymore. How do you stay interested if you can’t afford at least half the games! It will be more corporate.

I bet the away season ticket scheme will be interesting. You can put down your house and we will take equal monthly payments before making you homeless!!

Home games will have hardly any away fans. Tickets will be unbelievably expensive.

I can see one plus, the dippers won’t be able to sing we ain’t got no history as we will all start from scratch!!

8 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

I imagine it is going to go to streaming services rather than traditional broadcasters. It's going to be an Amazon job or a netflix thing. Or they will get their own streaming service up and running like the NFL pass

But who will watch it? The consensus is near unanimous amongst all fans including the 6 sell outs. I'm sure as f**k not gonna pay anthing into this.

edit: I know people will point to foreign fans but many wont be fooled by this and I can't see the clubs surviving if their home support walks away.

Edited by jack h