Chelsea v Spuds (PL) Sun 14th Aug 2022 16:30 GMT

Carried on our problems at the Bridge once again then.

If Mount does not fire then neither does our forward line. 3 goals so far now, a penalty won by a wingback and goals from a CB and wingback.

We can play an excellent game, but our awful finishing can see us draw with a later relegated team like Burnley.

We can dominate a side, and yet conceded late on against a opponent crippled with covid and playing kids, like Everton.

We can play a decent game, go two up against a decent side and concede in deep deep storage time, like Wolves.

We can fail to get the job done against the other big six members, 1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses last season, the only win being against Spurs who we now allowed to nab a late equalizer against us, which makes this feel like a horrid defeat.

Far as Taylor and Dean goes we knew they would cook this garbage up against us they virtually always do, so we need to be ruthless when they ref our games otherwise this same stuff keeps happening. How can our coach and players not know this?

Maybe TT can try watching some Jose videos and our players Drogba and Ballack vs Obrevo, if career was sunk after that. 

Honestly our players need to do more, as do the fans. Make Taylor afraid to be at the bridge.

A lot of us ( including me) thought that Tottenham were gonna be a big problem today

despite the result, they are miles behind us.

I can't even be bothered about the appalling VAR or officials today, but ffs why are corners so dangerous against us and are useless when we take them ?

well pleased with that performance, we gotta put the result into perspective, absolutely bossed the game,  showed a massive gulf in class with that lot let's move on.

come on you BLUES !

The amount of times you see a tiny little shove in the area and the ref blows up for a foul immediately after the corner is taken, while the ball is still in the air most of the time, yet a blatant hair pull is fair game.

I also noticed Chelsea hater Martin Tyler’s first words after our 2nd goal was to say “Tuchel running down the line and entering a part of the pitch should be a yellow card and the manger has already been booked”

Sky Sports absolutely hate Chelsea and they aren’t even subtle about it anymore.

12 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Mendy - 7 - Couldn't do anything with the goals, and pulled off a few good saves. Looked confident with his feet again too.

Loftus-Cheek - 8 - Really powerful in that RWB position, Tottenham couldn't cope with him. Still took too long with his decision making in the box though.

Cucurealla - 8 - Excellent in tight spaces, full of energy, massive competition for Chilwell. Crossing wasn't the best today though.

James - 8 - He and Lofus-Cheek bullied Tottenham together, got a goal and should have had an assist.

Koulibaly - 8 - Brilliant goal and very composed defending. 

Silva - 7 - Quiet day for Silva, didn't really notice him much.

Jorginho - 6 - Was having a brilliant game, but undone it all with that error that lead to Tottenham's goal.

Kante - 9 - Brilliant, the only thing that could stop him was his body giving up on him again.

Havertz - 7- Had a decent game, pressed well, missed a sitter again though.

Mount - 7 - Similar to Havertz, pressed really well all game.

Sterling - 7 - Similar to the Everton game, strong, good link up play, good movement, wasted a good chance though. Got an assist in the 2nd half.

Gallagher - 6 - Did okay when he came on, needs to improve his touch play though.

Azpilicueta, Broja, Pulisic, didn't have much time.

Pretty much agree with every point here Scott. I thought Loftus Cheek was excellent just wish he'd believe in himself and shoot. I actually think Havertz was my MOTM simply for his tireless work ethic today and gettign in amonst them. Not the best composure in front of goal and that's why we need a goalscorer but i thought he dominated today.

Silva's quietness today can be forgiven in thsi heat, he's not far off 40 for god's sake!

Can't really think of a single spurs player that would have got into our starting 11 today on those performances. Kane maybe, simply because even on a quiet day he scored one and should have had another one.

1 hour ago, 2211 said:

Also fed up with Sky Sports putting ex Liverpool pundits on our matches.

They hate us and show it with bias and their glee when we don’t win.

They wouldn’t dream of having ex Chelsea like they do with Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd.

Every now and again through the law of averages we might get an Ashley Cole or a JFH but with them in full time roles we’re stuck with the haters like Souness and Carragher.

Never cared about pundits to be honest.

It's our Club that matter, everything else is irrelevant.

Millwall fans  got it it right " no one likes us, we don't care"

come on you BLUES !

Edited by The Rising Sun
Correction

Look at what Mendy did in the second goal.  He came out from the goal line, hesitated halfway , and froze about 2 yards from the goal line, and basically had the best view of Kane’s header goal. He has to take some blame for that.

8 minutes ago, Phillip said:

Look at what Mendy did in the second goal.  He came out from the goal line, hesitated halfway , and froze about 2 yards from the goal line, and basically had the best view of Kane’s header goal. He has to take some blame for that.

Our players are blameless, everyone hates us , it's never our fault.

1 hour ago, 2211 said:

Also fed up with Sky Sports putting ex Liverpool pundits on our matches.

They hate us and show it with bias and their glee when we don’t win.

They wouldn’t dream of having ex Chelsea like they do with Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd.

Every now and again through the law of averages we might get an Ashley Cole or a JFH but with them in full time roles we’re stuck with the haters like Souness and Carragher.

To be fair Souness is not a dyed in the wool scouser and actually he said the last goal shouldn’t have stood and even their 1st was debatable. 
Carragher on the other hand is like this irritating scouse trolls you get on social media. Speaks as a biased fan not a pundit. He’s awful. Oh and he spits. 

The performance today was excellent. No one will be writing us off so casually after that. Also I thought RLC did. A good enough job at RWB, showing energy and power. 

Mount is a good player  but unfortunately his shooting is not up to the rest of his game and that costs us. I think Gallagher showed enough that he can maybe start with Kante injured. 
overall despite the result and the officiating chelsea will be a force this season. 

Just back home from the game. Was great to meet up with the punters I go to the games with in the pub before the match. Haven't seen some of them for a while. Good to see the usual punters including @Richard P in the ground.

As for the game itself, thought we played well and two great goals but we should have had more. Havertz had a great chance in the second half. As others have mentioned already Taylor was a sh*te referee. Made loads of poor decisions.  Spurs were poor and deserved nothing from the game but Sod's law they got a draw.

Ended up in the Atlas pub afterwards. One of the few decent pubs still in the area. MOTD is on TV in a few moments. Can't decide if I should watch it. Am worried that the BBC pundits will be sycophantic towards Spurs and wind me up.

Love seeing manager fights tbh, loved every second of it as there is nothing worse than seeing the likes of Pep & Klopp hug & kiss each other after a big game, we want tribalism!.. this is the whole point as fans. 

Despite something clearly sinister going on with Taylor and the Premier Leagues ‘need’ to create entertainment from poor decisions. We don’t help ourselves either, to be so dominant but to create so few chances and most importantly.. convert them. However, it’s a big positive knowing how far ahead we are of Spurs despite the hype for them.

I do get the vitriol towards Taylor, but we are only bleating because the result was so in the balance, if we'd of spanked them the 5 or 6-2 our dominance deserved, all we would be moaning at is that Taylor missed a possible Red card, we are our own worst enemy, and no amount of Refereeing shenanigans would affect the result...

Complete reversal of last week, played a good game, but throw away 2 points. There were 2 goals should have never been conceded. Jorginho tried to be clever in the box and got caught, and last corner on the game nobody was man marking Kane or Zone marking the 6 yard box. It's certainly gave a poor taste in the mouth after a much improved performance. As usual we missed clear cut chances, but at least we created plenty against one of the better teams in the league. Get Auba in  place of either Mount or Havertz, we maybe in business.

Jenas on MOTD says the hair pull is a straight red, hair pulling is not in the rule book, same as biting, scratching, it all comes under the umbrella of violent conduct. The fact VAR does not see it the same way is very worrying, especially with the force that was placed on his neck, even in rugby that's a sending off. 

I have no confidence in VAR now, zero, i can't imagine what excuse they could use to explain why they think it's not violent, their is literally nothing they can say to make it feel better, the only thing would be for them to admit they got it wrong, but i cannot see them ever admitting to us they did wrong. If it was Haalands pony tail getting tugged Taylor and VAR would be calling it violent, no doubt about that at all.