Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

JMaher94
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, Orpington_Blue said:

Despite all the rubbish you post, that last statement is something we can agree on.

Who'd have thought LOL.

Honestly it's time to get behind the club, the team and the manager, and not pine for managers past and bring them up every time we have a bad result.

Discussion on JM ought to be confined to the JM thread buried in the bowels of the non-Chelsea part of the forum. I apologise for my part this morning in perpetuating the JM dialogue in this Conte thread :-)

Who'd have thought LOL.
Honestly it's time to get behind the club, the team and the manager, and not pine for managers past and bring them up every time we have a bad result.
Discussion on JM ought to be confined to the JM thread buried in the bowels of the non-Chelsea part of the forum. I apologise for my part this morning in perpetuating the JM dialogue in this Conte thread :-)

We are all behind the manager. It is the club that generally isn't and caters to yes men and prima donnas.

On 9/27/2016 at 14:53, bola said:

That I don't agree, both on the money wise and trophy chance wise.. I don't see Man United right now as a better option than us in every aspect, not to mention Chelsea is in london.. Oops, history and global brand wise, they're better but when was the last time players care about that sort of thing?

Money wise isn't really up for debate, the fact that they're banging out record transfers like its going out of fashion, i can't remember the last time we spent more than about £35m on a player? Was it Torres?

The trophy comment is personal opinion i suppose. All i see is Utd doing what they can to come back as a footballing superpower and Chelsea still having the same issues as 4 years ago. 

Haven't  read the whole thread but i will back Conte all the way. unfortunately he's not got the backing of the board/roman no way was Luiz his choice. Seems like a Roman signing because he personally likes him.

same as Ivan, i can't see any other reason as to why he gets to play every week everyone can see he's utter crap. but some on here will defend him. OK so in the past he was good, how long is that feeling going to last.

As of now he and a few others need culling, simple as that.

It has long been said that we ruin players and I have always contested that but other than youth you have to look and say we have taken players that do well before us they look sh*t for us then go off elsewhere and look good again, I've been watching kante and unlike some with rose tinted shades on he has look pretty poor last 2 games, what is it about Chelsea that can inhibit good players?

Im up in Scotland where I was born before moving to London as a young boy and I caught up with an old childhood friend who it turned out had been part of the Chelsea scouting system for 5 years, got his badges with us and was one of 3 scouts under the head scout for Scotland and the north of England, it was him that scouted Islam feruz which hasn't seemed to pay off but in his time he was esentially being trained, this started he said when big Phil was in charge. We discussed things like the scouting set up, how it operates etc, we have an extranet at Chelsea where you log in (after signing non disclosure agreements) and you can see every player that Chelsea has looked at, scout notes then head scout conclusion, technical director and finally the managers notes, all this was of course interesting.

He since moved on and when I asked why he wasn't a Chelsea fan he simply said they are arseholes to deal with and the set up is horrible to work in, he had been to cobham regularly and didn't have much good to say, I couldn't get as much detail as I wanted as we were not alone and limited time etc.

I'll follow this up and update when I can, but it seems there isn't an environment that is especially nice for employees or players when compared to other clubs, he said where we are strong is PR, all the young players, (he didn't have much to do with senior players) have teams of PR people who prep them monitor them, advise them on everything they do off the pitch etc, in that aspects developing young working class kids into professional individuals but not according to him in developing them as footballers as well as other top clubs.

Take from that what you will, maybe he is just disgruntled on a personal level because when I pressed him why he left he wasnt very forthcoming, our mutual friend later told me the reality was he wasn't quite good enough. However there could be truth to the fact as a club we don't offer the right environment off the pitch to create player loyalty and motivation as much as our rivals do. 

22 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Money wise isn't really up for debate, the fact that they're banging out record transfers like its going out of fashion, i can't remember the last time we spent more than about £35m on a player? Was it Torres?

The trophy comment is personal opinion i suppose. All i see is Utd doing what they can to come back as a footballing superpower and Chelsea still having the same issues as 4 years ago. 

You're giving me the impression that you're lamenting our transfer business..? it's a bit weird coming from you, I thought we agreed that we're happy that we didn't pay over the odd??

What's the point of banging out transfer record if you can't get value for money? On personal view, NONE of their summer transfers or even dated back to last season that would make me in awe of their signings.. I still think we're having a better team, it's up to the manager to find the right formula to get the best out of our players..

Abramovich has apparently also shown sympathy towards Conte's frustration regarding Chelsea's failure to acquire his primary transfer targets, such as AC Milan's Alessio Romagnoli and Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly. Only N'Golo Kanté was a signing off of Conte’s list of targets in the past summer transfer window.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2016/9/29/13104216/roman-abramovich-antonio-conte-chelsea-fc-squad-overhaul-transfer-rumour-report

I think this backing blah blah blah are just for show.

On 9/26/2016 at 20:35, Nibs said:

Totally agree Dorset.

IMO, the defeats to Liverpool & Arsenal have reaffirmed my fears that our squad was lacking and that we needed Conte to address it earlier than the Euro's and subsequent break allowed. This squad didn't just need a little tweaking, it needed a major re-assessment and changes and in an ideal world, Conte would have been here in May making those changes. Now, when things don't go according to plan, we are seeing the same old changes - try Pedro, or Oscar, bring Matic back, leave Fbregas out / bring him back, drop Willian / play Willian................

We will get a win here and a win there but it will just paper over the cracks until we play any half decent sides. Some of the solutions have unfortunately been sold and possible answers are out on long-term loan. But I think it is time to give the fresh guys you've mentioned a chance and see what they can do. And every starting player in the Arsenal game (with the exception of Costa) deserve a massive kick up the Arse!

Conte and Hazard are the only ones being consistent this season.

Its a better solution than trying the same thing again and again and again and expecting a different result.

We have been there and done that with these same players and same tactics. 

Also does anyone even have a doubt that we would have been better if Andreas was here and we could have dropped GC or if Ake was here and we could have dropped Iva from the start of the season? 

On September 29, 2016 at 05:21, evissy said:

Don Antonio, I never heard a bad word about Cobham or our youth development... Isn't our youth pretty succesful compared to other prem clubs? Everyone buys youth these days and have done for years. 

In the sense they don't get as good a chance to develop because we buy don't develop from the academy I'm sure you have, the facilities at cobham are fantastic and our scouting network is very good and the kids are well taken care of however I think he was referring to the staff structure or for want of a better term corporate culture, again this is not my view it's based on a quick convo with a guy I haven't seen in years, all I can confirm is he was indeed in the Chelsea scouting set up for 5 years and didn't seem fond of us, but that could be for a number of personal reasons. 

Edited by DonAntonio

4 hours ago, Rusty-Man said:

Funny thing is our solutions are out on loan.

Traore, Musonda, Christensen, Ake and even Baker coming in would fix a lot of the problems in the team. 

I was watching Christensen against barca second half and he is a good CB but not the world beating beast that would walk straight in to the team as JT 2.0 as some on here have suggested, as far as Im concerned zouma is a better player and we had him last season and will have him back shortly hopefully. 

18 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

I was watching Christensen against barca second half and he is a good CB but not the world beating beast that would walk straight in to the team as JT 2.0 as some on here have suggested, as far as Im concerned zouma is a better player and we had him last season and will have him back shortly hopefully. 

This is the problem with loan players and why they don't make it here. We say they must be world class to come back into the team yet the players they are replacing are no where near world class. 

If they are better then their first team counterpart then they should be playing in Chelsea's first team. Christensen is and so he should be playing at Chelsea.

2 hours ago, Rusty-Man said:

This is the problem with loan players and why they don't make it here. We say they must be world class to come back into the team yet the players they are replacing are no where near world class. 

If they are better then their first team counterpart then they should be playing in Chelsea's first team. Christensen is and so he should be playing at Chelsea.

I can agree somewhat he is better than GC current form but when he went out on loan I guess the club assessed he wasn't 

29 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

I can agree somewhat he is better than GC current form but when he went out on loan I guess the club assessed he wasn't 

Ake was better then Ivanovic last season, still went out on loan. Musonda was better then Hazard and he still went on loan. Traore is outperforming Willian this year and yet Willian will still be a starter next season.

We stick to the status quo rather then a meritocracy and wonder why we have an aging and crap team.