Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

Couple of things.

Firstly doesn't Jose look good? He looks about 10 years younger. His choice of black suit and tie gave a great gravity to his unveiling as United manager. It'll be interesting to see if he returns to being a suited and booted manager; not a track suited coach.

He said he just wants to forget the lsst 3 years. He seems to be saying that returning to Chelsea was a mistake, never mind the title win. I'm disappointed by that but none of us knows what was really going on behind the scenes at the Bridge. Maybe it just didn't click and was too much like hard work.

No doubt it'll all come out in the next Mourinho autobiography

He was referring to the last three years at United, not Chelsea. I agree though, he looks fresh - unfortunately. Edited by JM7

don't get me wrong, he won't have it as easy here due to the league strength and that he's coaching a much inferior side in city as opposed to barcelona and bayern. however, he absolutely is not overrated.

Can he do it on a wet Wednesday in Sunderland? Has he ever beaten Stoke? What's his record away at Middlesbrough?

He was referring to the last three years at United, not Chelsea. I agree though, he looks fresh - unfortunately.

I knew people would think he was referring to Chelsea, although I'm 100% that Sky Sports are doing there best to make people initially think as much.

I think he looks like young Mourinho again

Fair enough take the United job, we sacked him but some of the comments are out of order in my opinion, I backed him last year even after we sacked him and said it was a mistake but comments like things like 'no other club has a romance or mystique like united' or words to that effect are poor.

He has dropped in my estimations on the back of it all.

Quick question for everyone...

What tier is Mourinho in for legacy status?

Obviously Tier 1 is the likes of Lamps, JT, Ozzy, Didier, Petr, RDM and Zola.

Would you add him to that list or put him the one below? It's the one below for me with the likes of Cole, Desailly, Gullit!

Don't want to derail the thread....but Ash is tier 1 for me.

He was here 8 years in his prime and probably the best player in the world at his position for a large part of it. He won the lot whilst he was here, and stuck two fingers up at Arsenal in the process.

I know unrelated but I'm surprised Cole doesn't get in to people's Tier 1 legacy for us, I think some people have forgotten how good he was for us!

Yep. Cole was world class for us. Both he and big Pete are tier 1.

I find the term legend gets thrown around an awful lot hence why I didn't include the likes of Cole in it.. Our greatest left back ever though so I suppose you could put both him and Jose in Tier 1!

Not to mention the season before last, when we won the league after topping the table from start to finish, losing 4 games out of 54, and one of those was after we'd already secured the title. It's amazing how spoiled by success we've become when I'm now seeing that season being virtually dismissed: "yeah, we won the league but..."

Definitely Tier 1.

I'm not dismissing that season at all, in fact I regularly bring it up as a massive achievment even when we got slagged off for being boring. If doing what we did in 14/15 was so easy, why can't everyone else do it?

Just my opinion but i'd have both wise and gullit in tier 1 aswell. We had not won a trophy for 26 years until that fa cup win then we started to become a good domestic and european cup team and wisey and gullit were right at the front of that success.

He was referring to the last three years at United, not Chelsea. I agree though, he looks fresh - unfortunately.

thanks - I only saw the headline and assumed he meant with us! - as BWH says, Sky probably want people to make the mistake I did

Yep, it's not just the Champions League final either, years of consistency put him up there with one of our best ever easily.

I'm astonished to find chelsea fans that don't regard Cech as a chelsea legend, he's the best keeper we've ever had.

Most successful manager of ours of all time.  I think too many people are thinking of him in the poor light that was last season, and are forgetting about him with us the first time.

He is up there in tier 1 for me.  And until another manager comes in and produces more, he'll remain there.

Second most successful for me, what RDM did could take a lifetime to achieve and be it through luck or otherwise he did it in a couple of months

I'm astonished to find chelsea fans that don't regard Cech as a chelsea legend, he's the best keeper we've ever had.

Clearly you don't remember Kevin Hitchcock. Got his name & number on my luminous green & black goalie kit. Trend. Setter.

Why not, just out of interest?

Someone who chose to go to Arsenal doesn't get that honor in my opinion, i'm sure he had his own personal reasons but I still can't look past it, unforgivable.

Edited by Jonty

Second most successful for me, what RDM did could take a lifetime to achieve and be it through luck or otherwise he did it in a couple of months

How many back to back league titles did RDM win us?

Listen, what RDM achieved was fantastic but it involved a huge slice of good fortune.

Jose built an almost unstoppable side. He built a defence that conceded just 15 goals in a whole season. That is the sort of record that is unlikely to be matched, let alone broken.

Wait are people really saying that Cech isn't in their tier 1? He's our greatest ever goalkeeper IMO

Ashley Cole is also on that status to I think he proved himself as Chelsea through and through in his time here.

Cole was arguably the better player but in terms of affinity toward past LBs at the club Le Saux is just above Cole for me.

Edited by the special one

Someone who chose to go to Arsenal doesn't get that honor in my opinion, i'm sure he had his own personal reasons but I still can't look past it, unforgivable.

We signed a replacement and essentially told him he could leave, so he was entitled to find another club. We can't get rid of a player/manager, like with Mourinho, Lampard, Cole and others, but then expect them to show loyalty by not moving to certain clubs. I don't hold it against Cech and it doesn't wipe out a decade of legendary service. The club shouldn't have let him go to Arsenal, but that's another debate.