Antonio Rudiger

Barrettinator
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

21 minutes ago, Stim said:

C'mon Rudi. You give the manager no choice but to drop you when you go rogue like this. Just keep it to yourself you will probably be here longer than him anyway and I like you :(

Sometimes rightly or wrongly you can't help but say things, a quiet warning should be enough, I don't feel dropping players builds the relationship. 

3 hours ago, Sparkz said:

Rudiger -

“For me, it’s not easy to explain. I don’t understand why after 1-0 we always drop and let the opponent get more ball possession.”

“I think we begged. We begged for the goal. I think in the second half we can finish the game. But like the last few months we didn’t and we concede. Like the last weeks again, we give them a gift. I think that was the first chance they have.”

While it's somewhat wrong for Rudiger to criticise the managers tactical decisions in public he's actually spot on. It's happened numerous times this season, we are playing well, take the lead and then suddenly decide to stop playing football allowing the opposition to come back into the game

When you have a world class defence coupled with world class holding midfielders this tactic works quite well as Mourinho has showed in the past but when your defence is shaky and you have Fabregas in a midfield two it just collapses 

I can't be the only one that doesn't think these comments are that bad right?

Edited by Scott Harris

he's dropped from one game and people are making stories. he has played a lot what's wrong in resting him 

if he never plays again or dropped for long time then we can talk

Edited by theone

14 minutes ago, theone said:

he's dropped from one game and people are making stories. he has played a lot what's wrong in resting him 

if he never plays again or dropped for long time then we can talk

He was dropped from the squad, not the starting 11. That's why. 

5 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

He was dropped from the squad, not the starting 11. That's why. 

and how can one interpret what he said a shot at Conte? 

what he said is right and could easily be saying about his teammates 

the press has a habit of making something where there is nothing 

lets wait a few weeks, missing one game is not a big deal imo

5 minutes ago, theone said:

Yeah, perhaps it's nothing. Seems a pretty big coincidence though...

On 4/15/2018 at 17:16, theone said:

It wouldn't be a big deal if we have a suitable replacement but without him we have Cahill playing. Big deal. 

On 4/15/2018 at 14:12, Total-Football said:

It seems the players are tired of the defensive, reactionary tactics. A lot more players have spoken out about the tactics this season then any other season before.

And the players are dead right as well

PL games this season in which we have scored 2+ goals : P16 W14 D1 L1 F47 A14.

When we have scored <=1 goal per PL game: P17 W4 D5 L8 F10 A19.

Blindingly obvious that an attacking strategy that gets you two goals minimum per game yields better results than sitting back and inviting pressure on your own goal.

5 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

It wouldn't be a big deal if we have a suitable replacement but without him we have Cahill playing. Big deal. 

but we ended up winning for a change ;)

people have have problem with him not rotating players and have problems when he do rotate

lets wait and watch how this plays out

9 minutes ago, theone said:

but we ended up winning for a change ;)

people have have problem with him not rotating players and have problems when he do rotate

lets wait and watch how this plays out

We were losing 2-0 with the team Conte had picked. Luckily he changed the formation for once and the players pulled us through. Rudiger was clearly dropped and not rotated.

21 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

We were losing 2-0 with the team Conte had picked. Luckily he changed the formation for once and the players pulled us through. Rudiger was clearly dropped and not rotated.

and we were winning games when Rudiger played 

what happens if he plays next game, as i said before if he is being frozen out in future games then it is something to worry about 

you know as much as i do regarding this, i am saying lets not jump into conclusion without knowing anything

Conte stopped moaning about the board so media starts with the narrative that he's started picking fights with the players

Edited by theone

3 minutes ago, theone said:

and we were winning games when Rudiger played 

what happens if he plays next game, as i said before if he is being frozen out in future games then it is something to worry about 

you know as much as i do regarding this, i am saying lets not jump into conclusion without knowing anything

Conte stopped moaning about the board so media starts with the narrative that he's started picking fights with the players

Rudiger himself has said he doesn't know why he wasn't in the squad. Surely Conte would have said 'you look tired, i'm going to give you a rest' to Rudiger or at least told him something. 

16 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Rudiger himself has said he doesn't know why he wasn't in the squad. Surely Conte would have said 'you look tired, i'm going to give you a rest' to Rudiger or at least told him something. 

does Conte usually tell other players when they are dropped, i doubt it

i don't know what point u are trying to make, we can make countless theories without knowing the facts 

it will be more clear in the coming weeks lets be patient.

Yep, Rudiger was clearly dropped. It was a discipline issue in Conte's eyes. 

Maybe Conte didn't like the fact that Rudiger is speaking through the press to criticize his team in a very clear manner when he could have kept that in-house.

It's a harsh move by Conte but with the history of player revolt at Chelsea I respect a manager who will put his foot down on any sign of it. 

48 minutes ago, Saaladin said:

Yep, Rudiger was clearly dropped. It was a discipline issue in Conte's eyes. 

Maybe Conte didn't like the fact that Rudiger is speaking through the press to criticize his team in a very clear manner when he could have kept that in-house.

It's a harsh move by Conte but with the history of player revolt at Chelsea I respect a manager who will put his foot down on any sign of it. 

Conte himself is not setting a good example, having criticised the board at every opportunity through the press, when Conte himself should keep it in house. 

• 3 weeks later...

You can see this man is a leader and a fighter. He's a winner. Need more players like this at the club. 

Even though I wasn't too sure about his defending while at Roma, his pace,  determination leadership stood out. 

Can see him being a key player for a good few years.