Callum Hudson-Odoi

enigma

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-nottingham-forest-agree-terms-with-hudson-odoi-after-new-chelsea-talks/

Also a rumour starting that De Zerbi and Brighton might be interested following the long term injury to Enciso last week. If that's the case hope we tell them we want a fee North of £75 million and they take Cucurella back too.

Edited by just

24 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

I get that this guy has fallen off a cliff from where he was, but didn't we turn down £4m straight from Fulham to end up with £2m and then a further balance should certain targets be met.

If true this is a bit embarrassing really.

I think this is probably a reflection of the huge wages he was on at CFC, more than anything else. A low fee was probably the only way to get the deal done. It's only a 3 year contract apparently.

Honestly one of the most talented players that's ever came out of the academy, there's a reason Bayern were in for him at 17 years old. Rob Green said he used to be the best player in training back then (because Hazard never tried). 

Unfortunately the ACL injury massively derailed him, not just physically but mentally as well. Though even in 2021 he was still one of our better attackers. Hope he does well at Forest, if he stays injury free then I think he will. 

On 01/09/2023 at 18:30, bisright1 said:

Forest worst club for him to join. He won't get many minutes there 

They've got Yates playing out wide at the minute, he's basically only challenging Elanga and MGW for minutes and Elanga seems to be preferred as an impact player against tired legs. 

• 2 weeks later...