Olivier Giroud to Chelsea

On 18/11/2020 at 21:35, bluedave said:

Superb? This time last year people were saying he’s finished and should never play for us again. Scoring a couple of goals against the mighty Sweden does not earn him a starting place for us.

Ah how about the stack of goals that carried us into the top four after lockdown last season? 

I'm not saying he should start, I just think it is bizarre that he barely gets on the pitch at all. Same thing this time last year and then Tammy fell off a cliff and he picked up the slack. He is certainly slower than Tammy which doesn't help with the press, but we're wasting him in my view. 

Thoroughly enjoyed that celebration with everyone messing up his hair. It's like we get him.

Hopefully it convinces him to stay - how many centre forwards would have got enough power and the perfect arc on the header to score that goal tonight?

Could end up being crucial in us avoiding a situation like last season where a single Ross Barkley f**kup leads to us playing the most lethal side in the competition.

When he came on he wins a free kick straight way not sure if he is copying Harry Kane or has always been doing it yet he certainly backed-into his man.

Great reading of the goal for his superbly executed header.

Will be interesting now to see if he see more of him or he leaves in the December window.

Edited by Strider6003

becoming a favourite of mine, but I completely understand if he wants to leave to get full games or increased playing time.  I think his abilities are great as a center forward target man, and if he does choose to leave I hope it's not until the summer

He was a bit of a laughing stock before and never really appreciated by Arsenal fans, I don't think any of them wanted to keep him, it was just like yeah move on we got our new toys now.

I don't think he was even really that bad at Arsenal, maybe the play style didn't suit his strengths but he scored enough goals, I think the branding of being one of those 'cheap French players playing for Arsenal' hurt his image a bit.

It's a bit of a turnaround now that he is always recognised as France's number 1 striker (ok helped by Benzema's indiscretions), their second highest ever scoring player and now the fans at his club don't want him to go despite our options including a big signing and an academy boy.

On 25/11/2020 at 12:30, sonic90 said:

He was a bit of a laughing stock before and never really appreciated by Arsenal fans, I don't think any of them wanted to keep him, it was just like yeah move on we got our new toys now.

I don't think he was even really that bad at Arsenal, maybe the play style didn't suit his strengths but he scored enough goals, I think the branding of being one of those 'cheap French players playing for Arsenal' hurt his image a bit.

It's a bit of a turnaround now that he is always recognised as France's number 1 striker (ok helped by Benzema's indiscretions), their second highest ever scoring player and now the fans at his club don't want him to go despite our options including a big signing and an academy boy.

They are probably one of the most disloyal, reactionary and just plain awful fan bases in the world.

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

They are probably one of the most disloyal, reactionary and just plain awful fan bases in the world.

The only fanbase that doesn't tolerate their players going to better clubs. Not one person on here has a bad word to say about Hazard. Yet look at the abuse they still give Fabregas despite how nice he is about their club and fans. He wasted years of his career there when he could've had acres of silveware for his ability. He went to Barcelona about 3 years too late. 

4 hours ago, Slojo said:

The only fanbase that doesn't tolerate their players going to better clubs. Not one person on here has a bad word to say about Hazard. Yet look at the abuse they still give Fabregas despite how nice he is about their club and fans. He wasted years of his career there when he could've had acres of silveware for his ability. He went to Barcelona about 3 years too late. 

Liverpool fans are worse, they turned against Torres, Sterling and even Suarez.

4 hours ago, Slojo said:

There was a Youtube comment from an Arsenal fan saying Fabregas should never have left Arsenal, but it was worded in a way that made it seem like he didn't make anything of himself after leaving them and that his career had fizzled out. I just told them they were delusional and it was the best decision of his career to get away from that sinking ship. If he had stayed at Arsenal, he would have barely won anything.

Any decent player choosing to join Arsenal in this era is just wasting their career. I wouldn't even join them as a stepping stone to something bigger.