Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Grazie Maurizio. 

His post match comments last night sounds like he might stay. Will be interesting to see what happens should Juventus make a formal approach for him this summer. 

I've not been his biggest fan this season but any manager that wins us a trophy (expect Benitez) deserves credit. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Grazie Maurizio. 

His post match comments last night sounds like he might stay. Will be interesting to see what happens should Juventus make a formal approach for him this summer. 

I've not been his biggest fan this season but any manager that wins us a trophy (expect Benitez) deserves credit. 

We reject it or slap a £20m clause on his head. We went through hell to get him off De Laurentis, paid £5m for him & also had to pay off Conte. Whoever we get in we might also have to pay their clubs off.

8 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Grazie Maurizio. 

Can't blame him for going if he does, at Juventus he gets to play with Ronaldo and many new prospects in a much more comfortable league, here he walks into a harder season with a transfer ban and our key player leaving. I feel sorry for him, he's had one of the hardest jobs a gaffer has ever had here and still managed to finish 3rd with a trophy, we've had some shocking moments in the season but it can definitely be looked back on as a success. 

I think his stock as a manager has raised severely. 

We've grown and improved as the season has progressed. Since we lost to Citeh - on penalties - in the league cup final we've had a great run of form, losing only 2 games in all competitions- both away in Liverpool. 

I have full confidence if we kept Sarri we would continue to see our club rise and soon challenge the top 2. 

I expect he will be leaving in the Summer. It will be the biggest mistake our club has made. Sarri for me has the potential to be the best manager we've had since Jose v1. There are only a handful of managers in the game who can build a team and a playing style. Sarri is one of them. If he goes to Juventus, then it will be our fault. Hopefully Roman sees sense.

6 minutes ago, ducavis said:

We reject it or slap a £20m clause on his head. We went through hell to get him off De Laurentis, paid £5m for him & also had to pay off Conte. Whoever we get in we might also have to pay their clubs off.

Unless there is a release clause in their contract, like there was with AVB, I don't think the club can dictate how much you get if the manager leaves? 

I think if anyone did come in for Sarri they'd have to pay up the final year of his contract, which I believe is valued at £5m. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

Can't blame him for going if he does, at Juventus he gets to play with Ronaldo and many new prospects in a much more comfortable league, here he walks into a harder season with a transfer ban and our key player leaving. I feel sorry for him, he's had one of the hardest jobs a gaffer has ever had here and still managed to finish 3rd with a trophy, we've had some shocking moments in the season but it can definitely be looked back on as a success. 

I think his stock is higher in Italy than it is in England. Juventus, Roma and AC Milan are all looking for a new manager and you've got to think at least one of those clubs would make an inquiry for Sarri at the minimum. I think it's going to depend on if Sarri wants to stay or would prefer to return to Italy. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Unless there is a release clause in their contract, like there was with AVB, I don't think the club can dictate how much you get if the manager leaves? 

I think if anyone did come in for Sarri they'd have to pay up the final year of his contract, which I believe is valued at £5m. 

I think his stock is higher in Italy than it is in England. Juventus, Roma and AC Milan are all looking for a new manager and you've got to think at least one of those clubs would make an inquiry for Sarri at the minimum. I think it's going to depend on if Sarri wants to stay or would prefer to return to Italy. 

I hope he stays, but if he doesn't I have no hard feelings towards him. 

But I think he will, he came to England for a challenge, it will say a lot about his character if he decides to stay, sends a big message to the players. 

If he wants to withdrawal back to Italy ok he better leave.

But any potential new manager will look at Sarris season here, look at how demanding the fans can be, and think the job is impossible to hold onto, thus reducing the field of quality managers that would come to us.

24 minutes ago, Slojo said:

If i was a manager i'd hate to coach Ronaldo, especially at this point of his career. His performances are only going to decline from here on out but then you have his ego and reputation so you have to keep playing him. I highly doubt he'd listen to Sarri's instructions to play Sarri-ball and knock the ball about between team mates either.

6 minutes ago, big blue said:

Found this quite interesting, i think it breaks down some of the ways in which the team is evolving to combat jorginho being man marked, and how effective we could become with a few good signings, snd some work on the training pitch.

I think it's very telling that we seemed to play much better overall after sarri has had 2 or 3 weeks of training with the squad. No pre season really didn't help sarri. 

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

I think it's very telling that we seemed to play much better overall after sarri has had 2 or 3 weeks of training with the squad. No pre season really didn't help sarri. 

Yeah he is definitely a training ground manager, rather than a motivator. I dont think he anticipated just how hard the premier league is, in serie a, there are a few games during this season against the bottom half and in the cups, that are more like training games. Its much more intense here and there are more games, which means even less training. 

I find the tactical side of things quite fascinating, and i think having rode out the storm this season for a change, the club now have a chance to build something with a strong foundation. 

• 3 weeks later...

23 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

He cared so little for the club and the fans it’s no surprise.

He never really wanted to be here so we’re better off without him.

He said it was nice because Juve made it clear they wanted him?  What the hell did he think our dance with DeLaurentiis was all last summer?

He never got to understand Chelsea, and worse, never seemed interested in understanding us.