Jorginho is.... (well now was) a Blue

2 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Its not just a couple of games, you can see his passing ability for the last few years. There's a reason Pep wanted him. 

I see what you mean, but to compare him to Cesc after not seeing too much of him is a bit much. Need to give it half a season at least to start making assumptions like that

9 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I'd say he has the ability to be just as good as Pirlo. Sure he doesn't have the long range shooting ability that Pirlo had (yet) but his passing is on par. The speed that he can see and make a pass is up there with the best i've ever seen. Cesc was good but i think Jorginho might just be better.

Pointed out by Pat Nevin and others on Radio 5 live - Pirlo had a rock solid Italian defence behind him. That can't be said about our wobbly bunch.

Nevin loves Chelsea, a big supporter of skifull players and thinks Jorginho is very talented as do the others on the panel. However, he thinks he's woeful at providing anykind of cover for the back four and thinks we'll leak lots of goals if things stay as they are. The question of Kante's position was also discussed. They could not understand how the best player in the world in his position has been moved out of that position. They all agreed Chelsea are going to be a lot of fun to watch this season, and that was one of Sarri's aims after all. I'm sure there will be numerous frustrating even the crazy performance this season, but boring it won't be that's for sure. We might never get where we want to be with Sarri, but I'll always give full support to a manager like him who wants to win but also wants to try and entertain as much as possible while trying to win. 

17 hours ago, Dixon said:

Pointed out by Pat Nevin and others on Radio 5 live - Pirlo had a rock solid Italian defence behind him. That can't be said about our wobbly bunch.

Nevin loves Chelsea, a big supporter of skifull players and thinks Jorginho is very talented as do the others on the panel. However, he thinks he's woeful at providing anykind of cover for the back four and thinks we'll leak lots of goals if things stay as they are. The question of Kante's position was also discussed. They could not understand how the best player in the world in his position has been moved out of that position. They all agreed Chelsea are going to be a lot of fun to watch this season, and that was one of Sarri's aims after all. I'm sure there will be numerous frustrating even the crazy performance this season, but boring it won't be that's for sure. We might never get where we want to be with Sarri, but I'll always give full support to a manager like him who wants to win but also wants to try and entertain as much as possible while trying to win. 

Don't get this, his best position is as a box to box and given freedom to hunt the ball down as he pleases. Really don't get everyones fascination with Kante sitting in front of the back line. He's never done that except with France. 

20 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Don't get this, his best position is as a box to box and given freedom to hunt the ball down as he pleases. Really don't get everyones fascination with Kante sitting in front of the back line. He's never done that except with France. 

He's always had more to his game than Makalele, so nobody is asking him to just sit in front of the defence for 90 mins.  The points being made about him being moved to a new position and Jorghino's woeful lack of defensive abilities are impossible to ignore and will have to be sorted out! Unless we find two very fast,  very mobile top class central defenders (Rudigar has pace but nowhere near top class) we will ship goals galore the way we are set up at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Dixon said:

He's always had more to his game than Makalele, so nobody is asking him to just sit in front of the defence for 90 mins.  The points being made about him being moved to a new position and Jorghino's woeful lack of defensive abilities are impossible to ignore and will have to be sorted out! Unless we find two very fast,  very mobile top class central defenders (Rudigar has pace but nowhere near top class) we will ship goals galore the way we are set up at the moment.

Its almost like no one pays attention to anything every single Napoli fan has ever said. There is nothing wrong with the players in their positions, what is wrong is the players not playing the Sarri way yet. When it clicks, a lot of people will be wondering why they ever questioned the tactics and personnel at hand. 

1 hour ago, Dixon said:

Jorginho played in the same position at Napoli and they shipped hardly any goals. Also Rudiger is a superb player, and better than anything Napoli had. The team just needs time. Sarri said his defenses are always wobbly for the first two months.

4 hours ago, Dixon said:

The way you're making it out is as if we've been playing this system for years and we just lost 5 games in a row.

Why not just enjoy the positives at least whilst there are still positives to be enjoyed?

Edited by Deino

Did anyone notice him looking at some of the others when they wanted to play sideways passes instead of a forward pass when they got near the edge of Newcastle box. I know for a fact he did it at least to Alonso. Incredible player, hopefully he can keep it up! 

12 hours ago, MissouriBlue said:

Did anyone notice him looking at some of the others when they wanted to play sideways passes instead of a forward pass when they got near the edge of Newcastle box. I know for a fact he did it at least to Alonso. Incredible player, hopefully he can keep it up! 

Yes. He is the midfield commander. You can see when he's just passed the ball he says where to put it next. Hugely important player to us. 

On 26/08/2018 at 20:59, RIP Mourinho said:

1 pass short of Gundogan's record of most passes in one game. I'm sure he'll beat that record some point this season. 

He did set the record for most touches in a single game though. 186 touches.

I dunno, I'm not sure I can see another team sitting so deep against us for such a large portion of a match again this season. Newcastle basically didn't want the ball. 

You'd like to think that as the season progresses and the players start understanding and performing better in Sarri's system we'll break down stubborn defences a lot quicker than we did at the weekend which will force teams out a lot sooner than Newcastle were. 

28 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I dunno, I'm not sure I can see another team sitting so deep against us for such a large portion of a match again this season. Newcastle basically didn't want the ball. 

You'd like to think that as the season progresses and the players start understanding and performing better in Sarri's system we'll break down stubborn defences a lot quicker than we did at the weekend which will force teams out a lot sooner than Newcastle were. 

Well we do have to play Newcastle at the Bridge. Imagine what they’d be like away from home, 11 players stood across the goal mouth. 

Too early for me to judge how our season it going to shape out in midfield yet I think Jorginho is a gem. 

My initial concern was about him getting closed down by teams like Liverpool though with his clever movement they would need to double mark him and then we have Luiz that can bring it out.