Gianfranco Zola - Welcome home you little magician!

nonotnowjim

6 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Franco returns as "an assistant to new manager Maurizio Sarri". Good move by the club, and elated to have my favourite ever blue come home! Welcome back Franco, I look forward to seeing your smile again!

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/7/18/welcome-home-gianfranco

Was just asking about this on another thread. Glad to have his infectious positive energy back, maybe the press might lighten up on the negatives. Good luck Zola.

3 hours ago, Michael said:

This gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.  Welcome home!

58162a31e4b04af8c3757999_1477847603932.g

I was very close to that when it happened. Scintillating stuff.

He was one of the very few players that was universally liked. Away fans used to clap him.

Ps Dennis Wise nicknamed him Red Rum owing to his large knashers.

Have been waiting for this to be announced, and I am over the moon!!

It seems like the prefect move to have him alongside Sarri, and it really does feel like we are putting something together that could be very exciting. 

Loved by everyone, he seems like the prefect link between Sarri and the club/fans/media, and his extensive knowledge of the English game should be a useful asset for Sarri to have at his disposal. 

Archived