Spuds V Chelsea (LC) Tue 8th Jan 20:00 UK

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

4 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

If CHO doesn’t keep his place given this cameo from Pedro and Willian before him he’s every right to leave 

Pedro was poor when he came on, it was one of those performances he puts in when he just get's back from an injury and Willian was typical Willian, he offered nothing in attack. 

I see no reason why Hudson-Odoi can't start ahead of both of them right now. He may be less experienced, but that experience is doing nothing for us at present.

Barkley was dump. Alonso was dumper, Jorginho was dumpest tonight, a lot of loose play from him and poor decision making. CHO was good, showed a lot of what he can do if only we had a striker in there to get in the right positions to score. Christensen looks back in form now, good to see him making a shout for himself in the team, thought he and Rudiger were top notch tonight

A frustrating game.  Dominated in every aspect other than goals, and we limited them to only a penalty.  It's just frustrating that we get so slow in the final third, and that we don't seem to be doing anything to address that.  Also, CHO is wasted on the Left.  He was involved in every attack, it seemed, when he was on the right.  But when he was put onto the left, Alonso did not engage with him at all, and despite being in acres of space at times, he was never picked out.

At least we are still in with a shout, but I'm not oprtimistic

Thought we played ok.

Alonso (who im a fan of ) poor today.

Sorry Jourginio offered nothing.

Need to play Tammy Abraham for the rest of the season and CHO we have nothing to lose.

Kante supurb everywhere today.

Need an attacking midfielder (who can shot and score from distance) and the obvious centre forward (Tammy)

Not out of this yet

Good perfomance overall, just lacking in the final 3rd again. 

Hazard was great 2nd half, CHO was great but did start to tire, which no surprise playing at Wembley in a game at that pace for the 1st time.

Christiensen was fantastic, best perfomance in 12 months. 

Barkley was very poor 2nd half, as was jorginho to a lesser extent.

Alonso was poor all game. 

The is very much in the balance, and a 1 nil away defeat isn't the worse result, given away goals don't count this year.

If we play with that commitment and intensity in the 2nd leg, I'm confident we'll go through.

1 minute ago, forbzy said:

Yes we lost but this was nothing like the league game where we were totally outplayed. 

Sorry but every defeat to Spurs is a totally unacceptable fking disaster. Irrational as it may be i was even pi$$ed off that Sarri was smiling when he shook hands with Pochettino at the end. You have just been owned by fking tottenham man, its no time to be smiling!!

We've gone to their sh*tty home and lost by a VAR decision, which I still think was very close. We've dominated, had them in their half for most of the game, pressed, run, attacked them like crazy and we just didn't score. And still you read on here and it would appear that it was another meltdown like in November. There are even two possible handballs in their penalty area which the ref didn't even bother to consider. And we've been "sh*t" according to many on here. We've played them well, we just were not critical in the last shot, but I've enjoyed watching us and I'm sure that despite winning, they realise how superior we've been.

14 minutes ago, JPH said:

Jorginho has been really sh*t today.

I don't think anyone would give you an argument. What are his qualities outside of quick, short passing? No pace, no power, no dribbling ability, no aerial power, no tackling ability.

He epitomizes the massive differences between the EPL and Serie A

I must admit I loving seeing Joel Cole as a commentator on Sky Sports - that match was typical spuds - get a lucky break - kick the sh*t out of Chelsea & hang on for the win - IMHO Chelsea can score 2 goals on spuds in the 2nd leg, but the question is if Chelsea can deny spuds - I would hate to see Chelsea lose out on EFL Cup Final by losing another London Derby:Connie_threaten: