Chelsea's next manager - evergreen post

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

Am I reading the last topic page right? People wouldn’t mind battling for relegation just to have Frank back?

f**k that, give me a two season Conte every few years that competes against the big guns, if that’s the case!

We are past the point of building the club again, we done that in the late 80s/mid 90s. We are now a champions league club that should be competing Prem titles, if Frank can’t handle that as a manager, then he should continue at Derby!

I partly agree Mod, but that's a tad harsh on Lamps given the situation he will be coming into - no Hazard (who has carried us for a good while), no ability to sign anyone + having to go with players who aren't getting better and if anything declining (Willian, Pedro, Alonso spring to mind). Don't think you can expect anyone to compete for a PL title given those circumstances, although I'm hoping it won't be a relegation battle!!

Agree @Nibs - the biggest part of that is a missing Hazard, that will be a hard job in itself for any top manager, along with a transfer ban. Which then comes back to the point of whether we should even be taking on Lamps at this time. I think under it all, the heart is overruling the head for every party. 

One thing I know, with Lamps at the helm we're going to get a load more good calls from referees. You heard it here first folks.

We get a raw deal from refs because we're so hated. Refs know the media will focus on any poor calls that go our way, and ignore poor calls that go the way of our opponents. Refs don't want any of their bad calls focused on, so, unconsciously at least, they tend to favour our opponents. This has been going on for years. We know this to be true.

Prior to Roman taking over I never felt referees were against us, but since Jose took charge the first time, it's been a common thread. 

Rio, Harry, Jamie, Gary, they all love Lamps. Any poor calls that go against us will be highlighted. It will make a pleasant change.

We'll also have a manager with Chelsea in his heart who knows how to deal with the English press and who will be able to stand up for us. That will make a pleasant change too. 

I'm bang looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Davey Baby said:

One thing I know, with Lamps at the helm we're going to get a load more good calls from referees. You heard it here first folks.

We get a raw deal from refs because we're so hated. Refs know the media will focus on any poor calls that go our way, and ignore poor calls that go the way of our opponents. Refs don't want any of their bad calls focused on, so, unconsciously at least, they tend to favour our opponents. This has been going on for years. We know this to be true.

Prior to Roman taking over I never felt referees were against us, but since Jose took charge the first time, it's been a common thread. 

Rio, Harry, Jamie, Gary, they all love Lamps. Any poor calls that go against us will be highlighted. It will make a pleasant change.

We'll also have a manager with Chelsea in his heart who knows how to deal with the English press and who will be able to stand up for us. That will make a pleasant change too. 

And he is an intellect, sharp as a tack, sees the media for what they are, like you i can't wait to see the positivity Lamps will definitely bring

1 hour ago, Davey Baby said:

Have to disagree. Refs are continually assessed, through the media ( newspapers even feature ex refs anylising decisions) and their own refeees association.

I can’t imagine a ref explaining a dodgy decision to his boss “ Well it is Chelsea. They don’t deserve the rub of the green”

And as for Jose’s second spell and his the FA, refs and Uncle Tom Cobbley are all conspiring against us. Entirely counterproductive. In a 50/50 call for a while decisions probably didn’t go our way, probably because they didn’t wish to appear cowed into submission.

A few years back JM, Fergie, and other gobsh*tes such as Mark Hughes and Sam Allardice all put pressure on refs with pre match comments, and post match interviews

It was fashionable for a while. Tedious as hell IMO. Since then the likes of Pep have proved that it’s not necessary. 

1 hour ago, Hazard STAY said:

Ref bias doesnt matter anymore. VAR will be implemented in the upcoming season. 

Yeah because we haven’t already been f**ked over by VAR when it’s been used before. 

1 hour ago, Shug said:

Can the club drag this out any longer?

Should rename the club ‘48 Hour FC’. Everything the club does is always happening in the next 48 hours. 

3 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

For a moment there I thought you were serious.

Watching the WC cricket and their plethora of technology to assist the umpires, you realise no amount of technology will ever make everyone happy, but i don't know how they managed without it before, watching some of the run out appeals in real time is impossible without super slow mo, and even then sometimes it's hard to tell. 

4 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Wonder if Lamps i having second thoughts. Derby's owner was "still hopeful" he would decide to stay.

Yes, you wonder what the delay could be.  Cech announced.  Maybe Marina haggling over the compensation fee?  It sounded like us & Derby were fairly amicable. 

However we do this season and how can we be optimistic when Pedro looks the best option at striker, it won't be the fault of the refs. There is no surer way of having a bad game or a bad season than to say the result is down to the ref rather than the performance of the team. 

4 hours ago, Boston Blue said:

Yes, you wonder what the delay could be.  Cech announced.  Maybe Marina haggling over the compensation fee?  It sounded like us & Derby were fairly amicable. 

It's Chelsea, it's been this way for a while now. Whenever they say something is going to take 48 hours with us, it usually ends up being a week or two later until it's done.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

It's Chelsea, it's been this way for a while now. Whenever they say something is going to take 48 hours with us, it usually ends up being a week or two later until it's done.

Or months 

4 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

With respect Chelsea haven't said anything about Frank coming back. It's all press speculation at the moment.

15 minutes ago, Andy North said:

With respect Chelsea haven't said anything about Frank coming back. It's all press speculation at the moment.

Unfortunately that doesn't stop people, its so weird. Some random bloke on Twitter says somethings happening in the next 48 hours, nothing happens, everyone hammers the club for not doing something they have never said they would anyway ha ha...

12 minutes ago, Andy North said:

Our press office never deny or confirm anything. They don’t play the media’s game and they have zero inclination to keep supporters in the loop.

As silent as the Sphinx.