Chelsea v Man Utd (LC) Wed 30th Oct 20:05 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

8 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Man U's confidence will be high after comfortably beating Norwich and they have Martial back. 

If they beat us this will send their confidence higher and that for me is why we go with a strong team.

Agreed,strongest possible team and really go at them from the off.

Game can go either way. Not a big deal if we dont manage to get the W. But definitely more boost to the hype train and to frank if we win. At the bridge with 2 or 3 rotations i think chelsea will win.

Lets get em Chels!

Definitely a chance to play Rudigier, James and perhaps but probably not Kante. Kovacic is probably not a two games a week player in a 2 man midfield (I count Mount as part of attack). Jorginho has hardly had a rest.

I'd be tempted to go with Tammy, cho and pulisic up front. Really need willian's work rate, link up play and tracking back but he can't do that all season long. So its a tough call. Certainly want to win but top two priorities are clearly  top 4 in league  and making knockout stages of champions league.

As much as we want to win this game, it's the lowest priority of all, the likes of Jorginho, Willian, Azpi etc all should get a night off. Pullisic is on form, want him to continue, Giroud, Pedro probably will get game time too. United will play a group of youth too, it should still be a good game.

I think selection would be more interesting from OGS perspective, would he risk playing James, Rashford & Martial and risk them getting injured?

I think he will take the safe option and pick the 2nd string team, the likelihood is that even his first 11 are going to get spanked at the Bridge. By him picking a 2nd 11 its a win-win, if they manage to pull off an upset Than Ole somehow has managed to get back at the wheel after being on the roof holding on with his fingernails and alternatively if they get spanked it was just a second string team.

Agree we should play a strong team, but hard to know what that is right now as we have good options in a bunch of positions. Think there is value in some rotation to keep things fresh.

Would like to see James come in, Emerson to get game time, maybe a rotation at striker although I think Abraham needs a goal after 3 games without one. Rotation at centre back feels like we don't lose anything. Apart from that, would keep centre mid strong as that is what makes us tick.

Looking forward to this one!

2 hours ago, the special one said:

Hopefully won't be a second string team, we're not that good that we can just replace half the team and still expect to win. Would rather see a second string away to Watford TBH.

Do we still have second string players, those used to be the kids :biggrin: ?

Edited by Valerie

I will be very intrigued by Frank's team selection tomorrow.  It will be interesting to see how much he rotates for this match and also how much he doesn't rotate given the fact that it is Man U.

Cabellero

James    Tomori    Guehi    Emerson

Jorginho

Barkley            Kovacic

Pedro              Michy           Willian

Subs: Kepa, Mount, Giroud/Tammy, Pulisic, CHO, Zouma, Gilmour, Azpi (that may be too many subs but, whatever dress everyone)

If Barkley is still injured and unable to go, then I would put in Mount. Also, not sure how fit Emerson is but I think I remember Frank saying he is close to returning. Would be interested to see Billy Gilmour get some time against this lot, idk if that will happen or not

Paul Tierney will officiate the match. His assistants will be Ian Hussin and Harry Lennard while Stuart Attwell will be the fourth official.

Tierney has taken charge of seven Premier League games so far this season, showing 22 yellow and 0 red cards. He has officiated a Chelsea game this season, the 4-1 victory over Southampton in the Premier League.

VAR won’t be used.

27 minutes ago, robdog said:

be happy that Herrera (aka Spanish Roy Keane) isn't a dirty red manc any longer - he enjoyed taking chucks out of our players

pri_36660533.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zo

despicable weasel

last season flashback:

Hazard suffered a back injury in Young’s penalty-worthy, but uncalled scissor tackle!

Thanks, Mike Dean!

15 minutes ago, mojo said:

despicable weasel

last season flashback:

Hazard suffered a back injury in Young’s penalty-worthy, but uncalled scissor tackle!

Thanks, Mike Dean!

look at the fourth ref in the background chuckling over that nasty challenge on Hazard ?- seems that the dirty red mancs have supporters everywhere