ozboy

20/21 League Position?

Vote for your guess at league position  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Chelsea finish this season

Where will we finish. I am going for first, bit them I generally get on Australia finishing ahead of England in the World Cup so my opinion is not to be relied on

I think 1st is definitely a possibility, and I might put a couple of quid on it, but realistically I wouldn't expect us to leapfrog Liverpool just yet. 2nd-3rd would be good finishes, 4th or lower would be disappointing. I think basically I'd just like to see us improve over last season.

3rd.

We will need a season for the team to get settled, we have 5 or 6 new first teamers, I think it’d be daft to expect us to win the league so soon.

The season after, I’d expect us to win the league or be a few points away at the very least.

Fourth again. I can't see us do better than Liverpool and Man City (yet), and Man United will have VAR on their side again. So basically the same top 4 as last season.

Realistically, I think 3rd, but a lot smaller gap to the top.  New players will need to settle in, although if the defence become more solid quickly (under Silva's leadership), then who knows.  Liverpool are realistically not going to achieve the high levels of the last two seasons, Citeh I think are transitional/stagnant.

Fanview, Werner's going to bang them in from the Ziyech and Pulisic supply line.  Havertz is going to set the EPL on fire, and the new defence of James, SIlva, Sarr and Chilcott are going to mean that Kepa has nothing to do....

Where's my medication...

26 minutes ago, fester said:

Realistically, I think 3rd, but a lot smaller gap to the top.  New players will need to settle in, although if the defence become more solid quickly (under Silva's leadership), then who knows.  Liverpool are realistically not going to achieve the high levels of the last two seasons, Citeh I think are transitional/stagnant.

Fanview, Werner's going to bang them in from the Ziyech and Pulisic supply line.  Havertz is going to set the EPL on fire, and the new defence of James, SIlva, Sarr and Chilcott are going to mean that Kepa has nothing to do....

Where's my medication...

ChilCOTT?

Last season expectations were low with the majority predicting 4th-7th, probably the lowest predictions since 2003.

This season we all expect to improve on last, but no need to go silly, as we speak we still have the same centre backs and keeper at the back, Chilwell is not going to plug the many leaks.

So it's more the same for me, 4th-6th.

If we can change 2 of the back 3 (1xcb and keeper) then it becomes more hopeful with 3rd-5th.

If we can stay within 10pts of Liverpool and city i will be happy.

7 minutes ago, coco said:

Last season expectations were low with the majority predicting 4th-7th, probably the lowest predictions since 2003.

This season we all expect to improve on last, but no need to go silly, as we speak we still have the same centre backs and keeper at the back, Chilwell is not going to plug the many leaks.

So it's more the same for me, 4th-6th.

If we can change 2 of the back 3 (1xcb and keeper) then it becomes more hopeful with 3rd-5th.

If we can stay within 10pts of Liverpool and city i will be happy.

You're asking not to go silly? How long have you been on his forum? Really, coco :laugh2:

3rd.

Liverpool and Manchester City are the benchmark, but we will close the gap on them this season and give ourselves a fighting chance of possibly winning the title.

3rd/4th but voted for third. We’re seemingly addressing some of our problem areas (can’t defend but create lots of chances that nobody finishes) added to the year of experience of our young players (Pulisic included) now have playing in the top flight. 

Liverpool have a pretty settled squad that’ll take some catching, City have problems but they’re able to address them. Manchester United have VAR and seem to be targeting all the fally over, roll around for ten minutes players to increase their penalty count to three a game. 

Very excited for this season to be honest, is it starting yet?

I think anything less than 4th will be a disappointment, i think we should be comfortably in the champions league places this season, with the signings we have made. 

Its a tough league though, and i think it might take 10 more points to qualify. 

Hopefully we still see signs of improvement though so lampard can continue to build, its a long term project, and everything seems nice and harmonious with him in charge, we just need to add trophies.

2nd is where my vote is. I don't know who is going to win the league, but I think we have closed the gap between us and those bastards up north. If Messi ends up at City, then I think that it's a good chance they win the league. But, I think top 3/4 will be pretty close together this season... 

I voted 2nd..we may mount a title challenge at one stage and should be within 10 points of winners..

Worst case scenario will be 4th..

Top 3, but we gotta believe we can hit number 1 spot. Maybe next year is too soon, but depends how all the new guys gel into the side, and also what other new guys we get before the window shuts!

Still too early to understand how this team will gel, and if Frank has the nous to get us to the top.  I think top 4 again is a good thing, 3 would be an improvement but we only lost out on that by goal difference.

To make it a challenge would be an achievement overall.

Went for 3rd then changed to 4th, would of gone for 3rd but then realised we still got the worse keeper in the top two divisions.  It’s gonna be exciting what ever, just bloody hope get in to watch it!

I voted 2nd. Realistically, with the players we are getting we shouldn't lose so many points to counterattacks as we should be scoring few more goals. But also I think we need to massively improve in the defence and on goal to challenge for first. I think City will nick the PL this season and we will battle the scum for second, I I think we have more depth on the bench this season than them and they've been helped by VAR this past season too much.

I voted second because we are a much better team today in comparison to the previous season.

Not only did we get amazing players, our younger players got the most valuable experience so Tammy, Mount, Pulisic and James will be better as well and our player of the season Kovacic is entering his prime years.