Erling Haaland

driller97
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Nice but not too soapy a saga to follow..

Not sure Dortmund under Rose has much interest in Tammy. Since Rose wasn't playing with "traditional" wingers at Gladbach (and Dortmund having only one option in their squad left after Sancho's gone) I'm not even sure CHO is that attractive an option for them, especially since his wages are likely much too high.

Doesn't mean they would cancel the whole thing off, Imho it's quite obvious they would sell Haaland at the right price/model.

28 minutes ago, Blue Exile said:

Wonder how it makes Tammy and CHO feel when stuff like that is leaked. There they are at training but nothing more than bait really. 

Sports is a business. The sooner that they acknowledge and accept it, the more they will be a peace. 

I'm not wasting energy on following our transfer rumours this season. I'm just going to avoid social media rumours and wait until the season starts and any signings have signed a contract and in a chelsea kit. 

It makes it easier to accept and not be obsessed by it if you understand the whole idea is a pipe dream and nothing more than that haha. It’s like that time we were linked to Kaka and he signed for Madrid. Just accept we ain’t that level of club and move on ain’t it. Simples.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jul/19/premierleague.serieafootball

The truth is, the media, the journalists, the people involved in these transfers know absolutely f**k all. Look at last year with Havertz, completely and utterly misread the entire situation for weeks. Then look at the Werner deal, he was literally Liverpool bound and you wake up one morning to him signing for Chelsea. We were signing Kaka for £80m according to (at the time) the VERY respectable Guardian; arguably the best source for reliable football news back in the 00’s. 

Put phone down, enjoy the weather, what will be, will be. f**k me, I can’t deal with another season of horrendous finishing and missed chances.

I think Marina and Abramovich are all in on this guy. There isn’t any real concrete rumours on anyone other than him. Really we don’t need much else. Theme song of our transfer window should be The Gambler because this is a heavy weight showdown with Marina and BVB the two with the best poker faces in the game. If it’s gonna happen it will be close to the deadline. 

Leverkusen played this game with Marina last year and eventually she won. I have full faith in this club no matter what! 

My prediction is 1 1/2 weeks before deadline at 148 mil

Edited by Mouwry

2 hours ago, Mouwry said:

I think Marina and Abramovich are all in on this guy. There isn’t any real concrete rumours on anyone other than him. Really we don’t need much else. Theme song of our transfer window should be The Gambler because this is a heavy weight showdown with Marina and BVB the two with the best poker faces in the game. If it’s gonna happen it will be close to the deadline. 

Leverkusen played this game with Marina last year and eventually she won. I have full faith in this club no matter what! 

That is almost £200m because that fee ignores the €30m going to Riaola & €20m going to his dad. Even next season the €75m is €125m when you include the other fees.

Brilliant talent but I am in the not interested camp looking at those figures. 

29 minutes ago, ducavis said:

That is almost £200m because that fee ignores the €30m going to Riaola & €20m going to his dad. Even next season the €75m is €125m when you include the other fees.

Honestly I wouldn’t be interested in those figures either. But it’s Roman’s world and we’re just living in it. You’re not gonna see me cry if it happens or not. 

3 hours ago, Mouwry said:

We need another CM, if we continue to use 3-4-3. Kovacic is usually injured for several games each season and Kante has also had prolems with injurys in the latest seasons. With Gilmour loaned out we will struggle with 3 players covering those two CM positions.

Edited by comtrend

53 minutes ago, ducavis said:

It looks like a lot but that's the expected fee for top talent these days tbh. Even coutinho, who I didn't really rate, left liverpool for almost 150mil a few years back. Haaland's being talked about as being potentially in the same bracket as neymar and mbappe if he continues to play the way he does, so 120mil should be the minimum we should expect to pay without clauses. 

35 minutes ago, comtrend said:

We need another CM, if we continue to use 3-4-3. Kovacic is usually injured for several games each season and Kante has also had prolems with injurys in the latest seasons. With Gilmour loaned out we will struggle with 3 players covering those two CM positions.

Very true. I just don’t see the team spending big money on the position this summer. As much as I hate it I think the team might see Bakayoko & RLC as squad players at least until the Winter transfer window if they can’t secure loans/big money sales.

I think they are very interested in Rice but the price tag is ludicrous. 

Really can’t complain if the team feels there is nothing out there worth the $/risk to improve the squad. Rather wait too spend money on first choice options.

Edited by Mouwry

30 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

It looks like a lot but that's the expected fee for top talent these days tbh. Even coutinho, who I didn't really rate, left liverpool for almost 150mil a few years back. Haaland's being talked about as being potentially in the same bracket as neymar and mbappe if he continues to play the way he does, so 120mil should be the minimum we should expect to pay without clauses. 

Good point, forgot about the Neymar, Mbappe, Coutinho fees

I just don't understand Dortmund's stance. Yes if he stays for a season they have a better chance at making top 4 and potentially challenging for the title. But, realistically do we see them winning the title even with Haaland? As for top 4 they could do that with or without him. The UCL imho is out of their reach.

Those are the pros for keeping him for another season: challenge UCL, Bundesliga/make top 4.

Cons miss out on double the release clause or there abouts. Miss out on a bidding war by selling him a year earlier. Potentially stagnate Erling for a season. 

Even if I take my Chelsea hat off I can't see how logically Dortmund would really want to keep him for another season, unless they trying believe they will challenge for the titles. There's literally no other explanation why you wouldn't take the extra money.

31 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I just don't understand Dortmund's stance. Yes if he stays for a season they have a better chance at making top 4 and potentially challenging for the title. But, realistically do we see them winning the title even with Haaland? As for top 4 they could do that with or without him. The UCL imho is out of their reach.

Those are the pros for keeping him for another season: challenge UCL, Bundesliga/make top 4.

Cons miss out on double the release clause or there abouts. Miss out on a bidding war by selling him a year earlier. Potentially stagnate Erling for a season. 

Even if I take my Chelsea hat off I can't see how logically Dortmund would really want to keep him for another season, unless they trying believe they will challenge for the titles. There's literally no other explanation why you wouldn't take the extra money.

I'm just speculating when I say that they just don't want to lose both Sancho and Haaland in the same transfer window though even that makes no sense.

If they sell him they would need to spend maybe at least half of that money on a new player and then if they miss out on CL next season if things don't go well so they could lose even more money in the long run just by trying to replace their top players. But that logic would mean that the sooner you sell him the sooner you can find the replacement and also they would have more money to work with for finding the new players that they need... You make a great point, one more season with him doesn't really change anything for them part from not getting more money for him. Maybe they are somehow hoping that he will sign a new contract? That would be pretty stupid...

1 hour ago, LongtimerLurker said:

This is Dortmund’s greatest chance of winning the Bundesliga in a while. They have a red hot striker who pisses all over their league; they’ve had a great payout on Sancho; they will have fans back in their ground; will sign some sensible players this window. It makes no sense for them to sell Haaland. Why would they? What to miss out on £100m? They will LOSE that if they don’t make UCL next year and could potentially make more by giving a good title contention- especially with a Bayern Munich that will have to adapt to a new manager, not signing anyone (Upamecano aside) and with a few players knocking on the older side (will Lewa do it again this year?).

Too long, didn’t read: it makes no sense whatsoever for Dortmund to sell Haaland this summer, especially after losing Sancho. They’re better keeping him and keeping the 30 goals he will score. Everyone needs to stop f**king talking about Haaland, he is not coming to Chelsea, end of, end of debate, no exceptions. Move on. Just like the club hopefully are; as without a quality CF next year, we’re f**ked.

To be fair I do not think we will pull this off, all I can hope for is we don't piss Tuchel off by knocking on closed doors all summer long and end up with some average signings just for the sake of making some transfers.

I just don't feel Haaland wants to come here, if he would he'd be telling Dortmund this by now and they would be mad to reject that money, should the rumoured prices are right.

Think Real Madrid have got into his head already, they are rebuilding and could get Haaland and Mbappe for a combined fee of around 70M next summer and start a new era with the two of them as the two superstars of the new Real Madrid. Surely this sounds great for every football player, as much as I hate them and think they are a corrupt club, always have been, they are the biggest club in the world.

If he comes, I am happy, he truly is a superstar in the making, if not then I won't shed a tear knowing this was a long shot. At the moment I find it more important to keep Tuchel happy, he showed he truly is one of world's best managers and can take us to new heights again, with or w/o Haaland.

Edited by petre ispirescu

On 15/07/2021 at 16:54, Gol15 said:

Leaked pic shows Håland back in training with a Chelsea kit, one step closer to coming to the best club in London I think.

Look at that face. Look at that style.  It's a licence to print money

Let's be honest, he is Beckham MK II. But unlike Beckham he is actually quite good.

Com'on Roman let's get this albino number 9 on board.

2 hours ago, thebluekid said:

This is Dortmund’s greatest chance of winning the Bundesliga in a while. They have a red hot striker who pisses all over their league; they’ve had a great payout on Sancho; they will have fans back in their ground; will sign some sensible players this window. It makes no sense for them to sell Haaland. Why would they? What to miss out on £100m? They will LOSE that if they don’t make UCL next year and could potentially make more by giving a good title contention- especially with a Bayern Munich that will have to adapt to a new manager, not signing anyone (Upamecano aside) and with a few players knocking on the older side (will Lewa do it again this year?).

Too long, didn’t read: it makes no sense whatsoever for Dortmund to sell Haaland this summer, especially after losing Sancho. They’re better keeping him and keeping the 30 goals he will score. Everyone needs to stop f**king talking about Haaland, he is not coming to Chelsea, end of, end of debate, no exceptions. Move on. Just like the club hopefully are; as without a quality CF next year, we’re f**ked.

The longer it goes on in the window the more I agree with this. Dortmund's biggest issue is raising revenue. If selling Sancho stemmed the pandemic-induced bleeding, selling Haaland would actually be counter-productive. Keeping Haaland is their best chance of success in the league and going deep into the Champions League. The prize money + TV rights from the latter would easily outweigh the supposed £50m is price difference between selling Haaland this summer, and next. I'd expect them to sell him and then go after someone like Dusan Vlahovic to restart the cycle.

I also don't think Chelsea are stupid or naive about this situation. The reports that we have offered cash + replacement players suggests to me that the club is also cognizant of the above scenario; offering cash + Abraham or Hudson-Odoi would soften the immediate blow for Dortmund and still have them competitive on all front. Perhaps there will be one final all-cash offer to come, but the club appears not willing to overextend this season.

It is not out of the question that Chelsea are using this situation to really test the water over a bid for next season, or more likely January. Right now Raiola's influence is diminished and perhaps it is easier to pitch to Haaland away from the Raiola meat market auction that will be next summer. The Chelsea project is easily to sell - come play at a top club under a top coach in the Premier League, succeed and be an instant hero to a club that is crying out for a world-class striker. Do your 5 years here and we'll let you get your dream transfer to Real Madrid/Barcelona in your late 20s (so long as they give us a decent fee). It is very much the closest thing to a win-win situation for Haaland and the club.