Barnsley v Chelsea (FA) Thur 11th Feb 2021 20:00 GMT

What a half. An awful lineup and then an equally awful performance. I've still got no idea who is playing RWB. 

I think we need Dave to come on here for one of the back three to make this system work. 

The short passes to move them around wont work on this pitch.  Need to be a bit more direct.

Just now, charierre said:

This is just like the old days, a load of lightweight Larry's sent up Norf on a cold night and a crap pitch who don’t fancy the battle.

With Ziyech being the best example of a leightweight Larry I have seen for a long time.

Just now, LongtimerLurker said:

What do we think lads switch to a back 4?

If it was up to me I’d take Emerson off and slot James in. No idea who is supposed to be playing as right wing back. If it’s Hudson Odoi he’s not doing a great job of it.

But then where the hell is Ziyech? He’s not even pushing the attack is he? 

That was absolutely f**king dismal. If there was ever a textbook example of something not working then this is it. All of the back three are completely uncomfortable. Kanté, Gilmour, Abraham and Hudson-Odoi are trying to cope but have been frustrated. Ziyech was horrific for the first 20 minutes. 

This is genuinely a worse performance than us vs Barnsley in 2008. They deserve to be ahead. 

Formation change drastically needed at half time. Hook Emerson for James and go for 4-2-3-1. 

2 minutes ago, coco said:

It just feels like wev'e gone backwards 18 months and are again learning the same sh*t about the same players.

That is what happens when you change manager every 18 months. A new person comes in ready to make the same mistakes all over again.

Just now, dansubrosa said:

If it was up to me I’d take Emerson off and slot James in. No idea who is supposed to be playing as right wing back. If it’s Hudson Odoi he’s not doing a great job of it.

But then where the hell is Ziyech? He’s not even pushing the attack is he? 

The more I see of Ziyech, the more I fear he is one of those luxury players who only turns it on once in a blue moon. Cold February night up North does not appear to be for him and right now he's making Ozil look like a workhorse!

I dunno, complaints about Ziyech and Pulisic are off imo -- I think it all starts with not getting the ball past the midfield line (they have hardly touched the ball and when they have, Ziyech had a nice one-touch pass and Puli dribbled through the middle and got it to CHO for the only dangerous cross of the half).

We can't get control in the back and through the midfield. Alonso and Emerson shouldn't be on the field at the same time.

1 minute ago, Nibs said:

The more I see of Ziyech, the more I fear he is one of those luxury players who only turns it on once in a blue moon. Cold February night up North does not appear to be for him and right now he's making Ozil look like a workhorse!

I suspect there are a few others in our squad who would fit that description lol

Wasn't a fan of playing the 3 at the back in this game and wanted us to go 4-2-3-1 as thought it would suit our attacking players. Yeah really wish Tuchel switches the formation sometimes because the lack of attacking fluidity just isn't there.