Romelu Lukaku back to Chelsea - and gone again!

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

9 minutes ago, mojo said:

I can’t help but feel for Inter. After winning the scudetto they watched their team get ripped apart, Hakimi gone, Lukaku gone, Conte gone.

Now they’re getting a 35 year old Dzeko as replacement and heavily linked with 30 year old Zapata for 40m.

It’s cruel on the Inter fans.

Edited by dansubrosa

23 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

I have no clue about the Quarantine rules in England. I just hope he isn't shoe horned  into the line up the same way Frank did with Kai because of his record fee . We have a UCL winning team and i believe Lukaku should have to force his way into it . I remember us forcing Shevchenko and Torres into the line up before they got used to their mates and we all know how that ended

I really don't think that was the problem with Torres or Sheva. 

It is so much easier to incorporate new attacker. 

1 hour ago, coco said:

Your'e starting to sound like your'e not really a Chelsea fan, if he fails none of us will be laughing.

I'm not that keen on this move, but i have said throughout you cant argue with his scoring record, i am only concerned with how the rest of the team plays with Lukaku in it.

It will be fine. I am actually surprised lots of people are concerned about this. 

Werner - Havertz - Lukaku works 

Mount - Lukaku - Havertz works 

Honestly I have 0 concern you can even play

Puli - Lukaku - Havertz, really doesn't matter. 

27 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

I really don't think that was the problem with Torres or Sheva. 

It is so much easier to incorporate new attacker. 

Hypothetically it should be easier to incorporate a striker but it depends on the system. We were a more direct team with Drogba playing with his back to goal. Torres and Sheva play differently and want the ball played into space hence why lampard and our midfielders  had a problem combining with both.

5 hours ago, ashwin said:

What goes through your head when you make statements like "for someone who will be 29 soon"? Do you feel a voice somewhere inside that tells you to verify what you type? Or do such thoughts not cross your mind? 😄 

When you make statements like "Why on earth did we not pay a bit more to get Haaland who is only 20", please spare a moment to reflect on how incredibly little you know both about the negotiations that happened and about the finances at the club.

The club has been terrible with incoming transfers recently, has it? Yet we have one of the best rounded squads in the league. How did that happen?

What a bizzare illogical and ignorant post.

I think most people think signing player is very easy and the number that we saw on the news is the real and exact number. 

1 minute ago, The Don Antonio said:

Hypothetically it should be easier to incorporate a striker but it depends on the system. We were a more direct team with Drogba playing with his back to goal. Torres and Sheva play differently and want the ball played into space hence why lampard and our midfielders  had a problem combining with both.

Yea you are right it depend on they system but to build relationships between player you simply need to play them. There is no other way. 

Honestly, I don't see Lukaku as total disruption to the team unlike for example Werner last seson. 

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I can’t help but feel for Inter. After winning the scudetto they watched their team get ripped apart, Hakimi gone, Lukaku gone, Conte gone.

Now they’re getting a 35 year old Dzeko as replacement and heavily linked with 30 year old Zapata for 40m.

It’s cruel on the Inter fans.

Hopefully they still sign Zapata and then Atalanta sign Tammy.

4 hours ago, petre ispirescu said:

You know I thought RAWK is the ultimate source of delusion you can find on a football related board on the internet, but f**k me RedCafe soon going to be the undisputed no.1 in that department - that place is simply unbearable during summer days when the players that United sign are the best bargains in European football and the stars of the transfer market, whereas other clubs' transfers are the worst and not worth the money.

They have not won the league in almost a decade, nor could beat Villarreal to win the Europa League, but for some reason they are now favourites to win the PL and the CL and apparently have a free run at Haaland next summer because supposedly United is the obvious choice for him lol. 

Think I will go back there come October when they are usually 10 points behind the league leaders and all these obnoxious guys that were saying there was no better transfers than Alexis Sanchez, Di Maria, Martial, Mata, Fellaini, Ander Herrera, Depay, Mkhitaryan, Fred etc. make a complete u turn and say they are sh*te and cannot wait for the season to be over and start tens of thousands of new threads "What do we still need?"

United fans are by far the worst on Twitter, followed by Arsenal fans. It's like the longer a team goes without success, the more delusional the fans become. United are basically the same as Liverpool fans now. 

SkySport journalist Di Marzio is reporting on his website today that AS Roma head coach Mourinho has now joined the race for Arsenal and Atalanta target Abraham.

The former Tottenham Hotspur head coach wants to sign a striker as Edin Dzeko is on his way to Inter Milan as a replacement for Chelsea-bound Romelu Lukaku.

7 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

I agree with you that he scored in the big games in Seria A but honestly besides Juve and Milan those other teams are just the best of a terrible bunch. 

He spent 8 years in England so of course he would have scored at least a goal against the big 6. The problem was the frequency of the goals in the big games . I refuse to judge him for his goals in the big games for Westbrom and Everton but for Man u he scored 1 goal and 4 assists in 14 games against the so called big 6. 

Thankfully we are not buying the Man U version of Lukaku but the improved version from Inter Milan. Hopefully he hits the ground running. Also with us playing Arsenal, Liverpool Man city and Spurs in 4 of our first 6 league games he has a chance to show that he can produce in the big games.

I wish him luck and I pray he can turn me over the same way Andres Christensen did last season. 

Conte and Inter clearly made him a better player and there he changed his diet and is in a much better shape.

I think that despite of his sheer amount of goals that he can still go missing in big games but even then he manages to score from the penalty spot like he did for Belgium in the Euros vs Italy and for Inter in the the Europa League final. But what's important for us is that he brutally stuffs the wannabe teams like West Ham, Palace, Arsenal and Spurs. For the big games he will take a lot of space so even if he's shut down a bit Kai, Timo and Mount will take advantage of that.

14 hours ago, Deino said:

Going back to your exes rarely works well. I just hope we have a good season.

City will be going all in for Messi and Utd now have a more well rounded attack.

They have a well rounded attack but they haven’t fixed their biggest problem last season which was their midfield.

7 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Conte and Inter clearly made him a better player and there he changed his diet and is in a much better shape.

I think that despite of his sheer amount of goals that he can still go missing in big games but even then he manages to score from the penalty spot like he did for Belgium in the Euros vs Italy and for Inter in the the Europa League final. But what's important for us is that he brutally stuffs the wannabe teams like West Ham, Palace, Arsenal and Spurs. For the big games he will take a lot of space so even if he's shut down a bit Kai, Timo and Mount will take advantage of that.

I like what you did there with Arsenal and Tottenham. LMAO

15 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

This is my concern.

When we had Conte, in year one we were fantastic because he ran us into the ground and we were the fittest team in the league. I am concerned that the fitter more slender Lukaku may revert to the Man Utd Lukaku once he gets back here.

I hope i am wrong because a fit, strong Lukaku could be great for us . I do really rate him but i do have concerns about the high maintenance of Belgian players. We have had some previous experience of this ourselves.

Think it is the best deal we could have got and reasonably priced. Established and proven striker. Our record of buying strikers is so poor so I’m hoping this will prove a success. Good work by the club.