Romelu Lukaku back to Chelsea - and gone again!

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

11 hours ago, junkymunky said:

His problem was never strictly scoring goals, it was that hes a flat track bully who can sometimes bully poor teams but fails against anyone remotely decent 

He in his career as scored a hattrick against United. Scored goals against Liverpool, Man City, ourselves. I don't get what else people want him to do. There are games where he has struggled against big teams, but honestly if people think he has not transformed since going Italy then that is their own agenda. He is in brilliant shape and think he is as close to what we could get to a natural no.9 who guarantees goals but offers a lot. His assist record last season was also brilliant too. He literally turned into complete striker under Conte. Ran his socks off, assisted, scored and got the trophy their fans were long waiting for.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

What do we think, chance of a Romano hat trick?

Here we go! Gini windjiam (sp) to Barca done deal --->>> goes to PSG.

Here we go! Messi new contract at Barca done deal --->>> heading to PSG.

Here we go! Lukaku to Chelsea done deal --->>> late PSG bid coming???

If anyone was to intervene last minute Id put my money on CIty since they can't get Kane and were interested in Romelu earlier in the year, but I honestly feel that this one is going to happen since Lukaku actually wants to come.

Edited by Frankie8Lampard

10 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

If anyone was to intervene last minute Id put my money on CIty since they can't get Kane and were interested in Romelu earlier in the year, but I honestly feel that this one is going to happen since Lukaku actually wants to come.

Nah City won't sign Lukaku, that I can be pretty sure. He really doesn't fit what pep want from his cf

The Lukaku downplaying in this thread and a few others is quite funny. The guy is the type of striker that works well with Chelsea; physical, mobile, can bring others into the game, and can score from various areas in the attacking third.

The price is just the sign of the times with football, look at Grealish for 100 mil. You can't always gamble huge sums on young talent like Haaland, and we will easily be one of the favourites to sign him next season though I actually think he'll end up at Bayern anyway.

Madrid, Barca are literally in troubled times, so I can't see them having the pull, then you have City, United & PSG. What about Mbappe at that point, if he was available soon would that make another option for clubs instead of Haaland.

2 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Nah City won't sign Lukaku, that I can be pretty sure. He really doesn't fit what pep want from his cf

Apparently they enquired him about earlier in the summer, but was told he would only leave Inter, for Chelsea or Real Madrid. Not sure how true, as I agree, it doesnt seem a great match, but if is is true, maybe that speaks volumes about how his overall game has improved.

29 minutes ago, big blue said:

Apparently they enquired him about earlier in the summer, but was told he would only leave Inter, for Chelsea or Real Madrid. Not sure how true, as I agree, it doesnt seem a great match, but if is is true, maybe that speaks volumes about how his overall game has improved.

I will be surprised if that is true. If I were Guardiola I will pick Kane over Lukaku without question but if I were Tuchel I will pick Lukaku over Kane

7 hours ago, axman2526 said:

What do we think, chance of a Romano hat trick?

Here we go! Gini windjiam (sp) to Barca done deal --->>> goes to PSG.

Here we go! Messi new contract at Barca done deal --->>> heading to PSG.

Here we go! Lukaku to Chelsea done deal --->>> late PSG bid coming???

I don't know how anyone trusts charlatans like him.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

I don't know how anyone trusts charlatans like him.

Well he's right a lot more than he's wrong. 

If you don't trust Romano, then you don't trust any journalist. 

He's no more a charlatan than anyone else. The BBC, Sky sports, guardian, every reputable outlet were all reporting all 3 of the above. 

19 hours ago, Malcolm9 said:

I can't see Inter selling both their strikers.

Werner isn't going to eat his lunch with Rom back. The amount of assists that Rom gave Martinez will be lapped up by Werner as well as take the pressure off him compared to last season.

Good post re the pressure aspect on Werner. That might make a difference to his finishing.

3 hours ago, big blue said:

I doubt that. City is a big club and he loves playing with KDB. He already said several times that he will end his career at Anderlecht and will do all in his power to convince KDB to join him. So I don’t believe that if city gives what he wants it always will be a no. 
I know that he always was a Chelsea fan growing up. Because of Drogba. Not sure if that still is the case after we made him redundant. But if so then we would be his first choice. 

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

If you don't trust Romano, then you don't trust any journalist

He's no more a charlatan than anyone else. The BBC, Sky sports, guardian, every reputable outlet were all reporting all 3 of the above. 

Spot on. Or media pundits because they happened to have played for a club for 2 years 15 years ago.

8 hours ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Ah that would ruin PSG being his bane though lol.

2 hours ago, bisright1 said:

If you don't trust Romano, then you don't trust any journalist. 

They are right up there with politicians for trustworthiness and truthfulness.

13 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

So, 48 hours?

48 hours later Here we Go! Martinez to Spurs done deal, Inter now not selling Lukaku. Lol

6 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Not too pleased about spending so much on a player who we probably won't get 5 years of prime performance out of.

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

Drogba had some of his best seasons past his 30th birthday. Contributed pretty heavily in the knock out stages the first time we won old big ears for the first time when he was more than 5 years older than Lukaku is now.