Romelu Lukaku back to Chelsea - and gone again!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Guest Sindre

Think he'll do incredibly well here. He is going to give our opponents a lot to worry about in our current system in my view. Press us high and we are incredible at escaping pressure and now you'll have Romelu to worry about up there so that's a whole different monster than we had last season.

He's our player now and after being proven wrong by Jorginho, I am hoping Lukaku is hungry for titles.

With the chances we create, he'll get more than a fair share of goals.

Fantastic work by Marina, with the outgoings this time around, we almost got him for free. If we can offload the rest of the deadwood, we might still have enough of a warchest to prepare for January 

14 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

As long as he works his arse off the fans will support him and not boo him , just look at how much support Timo gets even though everyone outside Stamford bridge thinks he is a super flop

You would hope so, although i would never say Jorginho was lazy, yet he got booed at the bridge. Thats without getting into the racist sh*t on social media. I just think he could be a very easy target, if he doesnt light it up. Hopefully he does, and we dont have to find out.

48 minutes ago, General said:

He's back, and its a CFC club record transfer !

Really though he didn't cost that much, 28 mill from The toffees when he was sold by the club, before that some loan fees maybe 2 mill, when Tammy who he's replacing gets flogged can add another 40 mill and then Rom only cost 27 mill (97-28-2-40); creative accounting means he's a good value for money signing not an overpriced panic buy after all.

Now go and score a sh*tload of goals my sahn!

I like your way of thinking ... thought I might embellish the concept a little, using data from Transfermarkt  ... 🙂

We originally paid Anderlecht £13.5M for Lukaku and then sold him to Everton for £31.8M, having already had a loan fee of £3.1M from them giving us £21.4M profit

Add to that the £40M we might get for Abraham, who cost us nothing, and we are at £61.4M.

Factor in the recent sales of Tomori and Guehi for another £47M, who cost us nothing, and we are at £108.4M.

Ergo, we actually get Lukaku for FREE this time, and with a nice £11M cherry on top !  :Troll_Face:

I said before I'd rather spend all that money on fitness/heading coaches and protein bars for Tammy + a new CB, but since it didn't happen, I'll leave my skepticism aside and support Lukaku all the way! Hope everything goes well for him and evidently for us! 

In TT we trust! Welcome back Lukaku! 💙

Welcome back big man!

You would think he is a League Two player judging by the United fans' comments for the past week. Them ignorant fools are simply obsessed with Lukaku, don't think I've seen a fanbase hate a player that much for a long time. Laughable that they compare Lukaku in THAT United setup with the current Lukaku. Not only phisically he is a beast now, as fit as he's ever bee, but that United team he's played in was a f**king mess, put prime Messi in there and he'd look like a poor man's El Neny lol. To say he is going to be useless in an already gelled Chelsea team lead by one of world's best managers just because he was poor in a trainwreck of a United team is simply laughable and those fans need a brain check.

Hope he proves them wrong and leads us to a league title.

Yes, Big Rom is back with points to prove and wrongs to be corrected. To be fair, he was never given a chance when he was with us, so he did not "fail". At United he actually had a good record, and they definitely felt his departure in the following season. He's a much better player now, and once he adapt to Tuche's system, the rest of the league and Europe need to watch out.

11 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Take the 11 off Timo and give it to Romelu, you just know having Drogbas number will do him wonders.

I bet that's the last thing Lukaku would want. Comparisons with Drogba will be made anyway but wearing his squad number would only add to the pressure IMO.

48 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Well I am nervous about this signing but hopeful. And of course now we can get to see whether formation changes and who misses out 

Don't be nervous.  The law of averages suggest at some point a striker we sign will hit water when falling out of a boat.

3 hours ago, just said:

I bet that's the last thing Lukaku would want. Comparisons with Drogba will be made anyway but wearing his squad number would only add to the pressure IMO.

Depends on your mindset I guess. We all had those dreams of playing for the blues and we all had our favorite player. Mine was Zola and had I had the talent to player for Chelsea I would have asked for the 25 shirt. It would have meant so much.

Now I did not have the talent to play Sunday league even so was never a possibility but was the dream.

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

He could do a Ivan Zamarano and put a plus sign in between the numbers lol