Cesc Fabregas

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I'm a big fan of Cesc but even I'm struggling to find any reason why he should still be the team. My only reason is that no else can do what he does. The problem with that theory is that if he's not assisting or creating chances, he offers pretty much nothing.

Oscar, Willian (prior to this season), Pedro, Costa etc all offer the team something even if they are not producing.

He was no worse than Matic today.

Both of them were poor but Matic seems to get off with it far more

He does. He is a popular figure with the fans, so he has a longer leash. But he has been absolutely dire to start the season. He has been no better than Mikel has been for us the last 4 years.

This guy just seems to be on a completely different wavelenght to everyone else. He's making passes to where players should be rather than where they actually are. I can't fault him too much cause if we had any decent movement at all those passes would actually look good but at the moment they are resulting in a lot of misplaced passes which just kills us going forward. 

He does do some stupid sh*t though that's just hard to defend, trying to feed Pedro a pass which just ends up rolling out of play when there's about 10 Bournemouth players in the box, 3 of which blocking Pedro's path to the ball was just dumb when we were pressing for an equaliser in the final minutes. Trying to dink a bouncing ball to Costa when he's surrounded by about 5 players and his body shape is in no way ready for such a pass is dumb, he was in a better position to hit the shot on a volley rather than attempting to pick a pass. Trying to spread the play to Ivan and not putting enough power on it is dumb, even if Ivan had got it he wouldn't have been able to do much with it as he had a defender right in front of him. Worst part about this particular incident is that he knows it's going to get intercepted and he stands there and watches it all unfold instead of getting back to defend the counter. 

Defensively I actually thought he was alright for the most part yesterday, not great by any means but he won the ball a couple of times. I was far more concerned with Matic considering he's meant to be the proper defensive player. 

The worst thing about Fabregas is that he looks like he isn't trying - that's the worst thing. If he looked like he was working hard, I think fans would be more forgiving.

That's the problem with Fabregas - unless he's assisting, he is not contributing anything.

I thought he put in a decent shift on Saturday, even won a couple of tackle tracking back. He had some awful touches dealing with simple balls, almost amateurish. For whatever reasons, he will still be the first name on the team sheet on Wednesday, maybe Jose believes he's the only 1 that could dictate play in possession football.

Fabregas has been poor, worth a thought tho, if costa had been making all those runs the last couple of months, maybe cesc wouldnt be dwelling on the ball and losing possesion or making so many sideway passes

That is a valid point and I wont dispute it, But the problem is when that is not happening - Cesc is not able to contribute anything. He is losing possession way too easily and in dangerous positions putting us in unwanted jeopardy. Also he is not able to win Aerial  challenges or out muscle anyone. 

Say what you like about Cescs form this season but he deserves this just in case any one anywhere still puts any stock on the rubbish that gets written.

CV-Q9NLWEAAe8v7.png

The Secret Footballer has published a written apology to Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas for accusing him of leading a dressing room revolt at Stamford Bridge.

The apology related to a story written in November claiming the Spain international, aged 28, was organising a “mini-revolt” against Blues boss Mourinho.

In an official statement that was presumably demanded by Fabregas’ legal team, The Secret Footballer acknowledged that Fabregas was not behind the alleged mutiny and claimed that the former Arsenal man in fact has a good relationship with Mourinho and is happy at Chelsea.

The Secret Footballer is a professional footballer who wrote anonymous articles for The Guardian newspaper. He has since published numerous books and operates a website through a limited company (The Secret Footballer Ltd.). It was an article on the website that appears to have got him in trouble with Fabregas’ lawyers.

The apology, which was published on the website, reads: “In an item published in the Secret Footballer’s Diary on 2 November 2015 it was claimed that Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas was the leader of a mini-revolt against manager Jose Mourinho.

“Our information on this was incorrect. Cesc Fabregas was not organising a dressing room revolt and has an excellent relationship with the manager. He is very happy at Chelsea.

“We regret our error and have apologised to Cesc Fabregas.”

Say what you like about Cescs form this season but he deserves this just in case any one anywhere still puts any stock on the rubbish that gets written.

CV-Q9NLWEAAe8v7.png

The Secret Footballer has published a written apology to Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas for accusing him of leading a dressing room revolt at Stamford Bridge.

The apology related to a story written in November claiming the Spain international, aged 28, was organising a “mini-revolt” against Blues boss Mourinho.

In an official statement that was presumably demanded by Fabregas’ legal team, The Secret Footballer acknowledged that Fabregas was not behind the alleged mutiny and claimed that the former Arsenal man in fact has a good relationship with Mourinho and is happy at Chelsea.

The Secret Footballer is a professional footballer who wrote anonymous articles for The Guardian newspaper. He has since published numerous books and operates a website through a limited company (The Secret Footballer Ltd.). It was an article on the website that appears to have got him in trouble with Fabregas’ lawyers.

The apology, which was published on the website, reads: “In an item published in the Secret Footballer’s Diary on 2 November 2015 it was claimed that Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas was the leader of a mini-revolt against manager Jose Mourinho.

“Our information on this was incorrect. Cesc Fabregas was not organising a dressing room revolt and has an excellent relationship with the manager. He is very happy at Chelsea.

“We regret our error and have apologised to Cesc Fabregas.”

I love how they say "our information was incorrect"........no, you just flat-out lied. There was no information, they just wanted to take advantage of our bad form.

If anybody needed a reason not to listen to what people in the media say, they should just look at this.