The John Terry Appreciation Thread

ForeverCarefree
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Maybe one of the most underrated players of all time, In my life time the best defenders I have seen excluding JT, in no  particular order.

Desalliy

Maldini

Sammer 

Gallas

Canavaro

and a controversial one in Tony Adams 

Terry fits in to that list very easily and quite possibly tops it. Imagine if he'd been blessed with any kind of pace. As it is the fact that people have constantly named players like Pique in the "better the JT debate" does him a huge discredit. 

Without a doubt our best ever player and I have no idea how we replace him when he hangs them up.

You get the feeling this title means more to him then the rest, he must have one point wandered if he would ever win one again, back when the fat one used him sparingly.  (Another reason to hate the fat one) 

Great post Barak. I agree with you that he is arguably Chelsea's best ever player.

I also worry about how we'll ever manage to replace him. Even if we eventually find a CB who comes close to JT in terms of ability, I think it's impossible to find a replacement for the player who is just as importantly the heart and soul of our club. An outstanding organiser, leader and inspiration to the younger players. Please God he can keep going at this level for another 2-3 years...

Maybe one of the most underrated players of all time, In my life time the best defenders I have seen excluding JT, in no  particular order.

Desalliy

Maldini

Sammer 

Gallas

Canavaro

Terry fits in to that list very easily and quite possibly tops it. Imagine if he'd been blessed with any kind of pace. As it is the fact that people have constantly named players like Pique in the "better the JT debate" does him a huge discredit. 

Without a doubt our best ever player and I have no idea how we replace him when he hangs them up.

You get the feeling this title means more to him then the rest, he must have one point wandered if he would ever win one again, back when the fat one used him sparingly.  (Another reason to hate the fat one) 

I think his lack of pace is what has made him such a complete defender. too many defenders with pace get caught out of position as they know they can always make it back with their pace, then when they're older and lose their pace they have nothing.

If you have no pace, you have to work harder on organisation and positioning, where terry excels. His lack of pace has forced him to become a great reader of the game which is why he has outlasted other defenders, like ferdinand, campbell etc. who probably had more pace but far less awareness

Desalliy

Maldini

Sammer 

Gallas

Canavaro

Stam?

:laugh2:

"As the Chelsea captain strode triumphantly toward the jubilant traveling supporters, he punched the air so forcefully it was a wonder Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez didn't tumble out of his back pocket, where he had stashed the Arsenal stars for the past 90 minutes." - gooner journalist david hirshey's description of JT's performance at the emirates the other day - Yes it made me LOL when I read it

Before today which he scored the match winning goal; John Terry has 63 goals as a center half with Chelsea the club he signed with as an 8 year old . He averages a goal every ten games over 16 years. Remarkable statistic and then there are the goals he actually saves. Is it time to start thinking he is top 5 defenders in the history of the game?

Edited by DoubleHelix