Jorginho is.... (well now was) a Blue

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

20 minutes ago, RMH said:

You really have a problem comprehending other people’s posts. Did I say we lost control of the game due to Jorginho? No. Did I said he did play well? Yes. But he was not key in regaining control of the midfield or of the game. Go back to school basics and learn how to read and understand what people say. Oh! And stop imposing your crap statistics and Jorginho fundamentalist material over the rest of us who can think for ourselves and don’t drool over him.

E8iptCHXMAQALDo?format=jpg&name=4096x409

1 hour ago, RMH said:

You really have a problem comprehending other people’s posts. Did I say we lost control of the game due to Jorginho? No. Did I said he did play well? Yes. But he was not key in regaining control of the midfield or of the game. Go back to school basics and learn how to read and understand what people say. Oh! And stop imposing your crap statistics and Jorginho fundamentalist material over the rest of us who can think for ourselves and don’t drool over him.

So you are not impressed with Jorginho 99.9% passing completion or 239 interception or 3429 forward pass that he make every game. You clearly don't understand football. Jorginho is like busquet + Makelele love child. 

When he keep making sideway pass, it is not because he can't pass it forward, it is simply  because his job is to move the ball from one cb to another cb. 

When he underhit some pass, it is not because his pass lack power. It is because Jorginho is an expert tempo setter, so he want to slow down our atrack. 

When he got bypassed by attacking midfielder, it is not because he is so slow that he can't chase them, it is because he need to stay in position to cover important area. 

Edited by Bob stark

This guy will be eternally doubted and underrated unforunately.

It's amazing to watch him become more commanding season after season, and this season will mark another big jump in that.

Of course he's completely lacks some characteristics commonly appreciated in footballers like running and shooting the ball, but he's unparalleled in pointing around and it puzzles me how people fail to see that makes him completely undroppable.

Jorginho-Kante with Mount in front of them - offer me all the players in today's game, that's my midfield pick.

Yes, whatever your opinion of our midfielders is, going into a season (with European football too) with only three senior centre mids seems… imprudent.

I suppose we’ll have to see how (if) Tuchel intends to use Loftus-Cheek, Bakayoko, Ampadu and Barkley.

38 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Yes, whatever your opinion of our midfielders is, going into a season (with European football too) with only three senior centre mids seems… imprudent.

I suppose we’ll have to see how (if) Tuchel intends to use Loftus-Cheek, Bakayoko, Ampadu and Barkley.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a midfielder before the transfer window closes but we've probably got to move on a few players before we bring anyone else in. 

On 13/08/2021 at 04:34, Gol15 said:

Before the first half ended Villarreal hit the bar that by pure luck bounced away from the goalline and as soon as the second half started we lost control, minute 54' Mendy deflects a shot and it hits the post, saves another shot 10 minutes later and finally they score after minute 70' from the side of Kovacic and not Jorginho. That's a nice stretch you did there, trying to find a way to correlate Jorginho and Mount coming on and Villarreal scoring, please stick to comparing midfielders to Pele and Maradona it really suits you.

Wow, you really have a problem comprehending simple English. Truly amazing what you have inferred from RMH's post.

10 hours ago, just said:

Palace have the look of relegation contenders already.

They've taken a massive risk this season. 

Not only have they let about half their squad leave they've appointed a manager who isn't exactly proven at the highest level. 

5 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

They've taken a massive risk this season. 

Not only have they let about half their squad leave they've appointed a manager who isn't exactly proven at the highest level. 

We have seen it before with Charlton, and Stoke. Teams try to change a style of footballer from what has kept them in the league, and it ends with them falling out the trap door. 

Brighton and Potter look more of the exception than the rule. 

Still early days for Palace though. 

On 15/08/2021 at 15:24, big blue said:

We have seen it before with Charlton, and Stoke. Teams try to change a style of footballer from what has kept them in the league, and it ends with them falling out the trap door. 

Brighton and Potter look more of the exception than the rule. 

Still early days for Palace though. 

Teams have to refresh eventually or they will just stagnate and hit the trap door anyway, case in point West Brom, Burnley look like they could be next.

Charlton's downfall was because they appointed Ian Dowie, not because they tried to change the football.

Fingers crossed for Jorgehh to win, the rage from the haters would make this more than satisfactory. Kante had a great UCL campaign but, I think the Euros should tip this in the Italian's favour, can't see how people could have KDB over Jorghino considering how focal he was to two European titles for club and country and that's the key here European titles not domestic.

If we do acknowledge domestic campaigns then add in the fact he was the top goalscorer in the league for his club and the accolades speak for themselves