Bournemouth v Chelsea (PL) Sat 29th Feb 15:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, Andy2461 said:

Are you watching the game

A lot of people on this forum see something different when they watch Barkley, it's very strange, many seem to think he had a great game against Spurs because he played in an obvious ball to Alonso. 

1 minute ago, Sexyfootball said:

2-2 and we got a point against our bogey team ... big improvement from 0-4 last year ... and we actually managed to get back into the game to get that point for a change ...

No way should we be considering selling Alonso in the summer.

Keep Alonso. Sell Emerson.

Buy a proper left back such as Alex Telles.

With this group of players a point at a relegation threatened side is decent. Shows how far we’ve fallen.

So many players need to be bombed out in the summer. Ross Barkley being near the top of this list. Looked like a competition winner against Bayern and again today. 

Edited by Zagger

Same sh*t. 

Awful defensively. Wasteful in attack. 

I know there is a massive reluctance to blame lampard for anything, and i agree alot of these players arent great. 

But if you can praise Lampard for some of the football we play going forward, surely he has to take some responsibility for how poor we defensively. His set piece record was poor at derby, and its poor here. 

We arent going to sign 10 new players in the summer, so Lamps needs to be better at omproving the ones he has. 

He was a special player, but i am still to be convinved he is a special manager. 

Lucky to get a point in the end even if Alonso missed a sitter to win it. Good character to get that point it must be said. 

At the other end it's the same old story. Truth is our defensive setup including set pieces is a shambles and Frank needs to fix it quick smart or get someone in who can help him do that.

We've conceded 39 goals in the PL this season. Between set pieces and failed attempts to press the ball on the touchline I reckon that would account for at least 20. You can't keep making the same mistakes.

We know there is a low tolerance for failure with our hierarchy. If I'm honest I'm starting to fear for him a little.

1 minute ago, Deino said:

Alonso should be our striker until Tammy gets his form back. At least he occupies the right positions when we're on the attack. He's not slower than Giroud and link up is not needed when all we do is faff around all the time

I would go for that personally, lethal left foot around the box.

Well at least we saw some character to fight back for the point, that hasn’t happened much this season. 
9 of current squad need shipping out

Caballero, Kepa, Emerson, Jorginho, Barkley, Willy, Pedro, Bats & Giroud

realistically we will be lucky to lose / get better about 5 at the most, therein lies the problem Frank has inherited. 

5 minutes ago, Jezz said:

Happy we salvaged a point, but still feels like a loss.

We have some really poor footballers that will need to be replaced in the summer such as Batshuayi and Barkley. Three more months of tolerating them in the mean time.

Fingers crossed United lose to Everton tomorrow.

Yeah Im glad we got a point but I cant help but still feel we let this game go. I really hope the board works overtime this summer for transfers. I'm really unhappy with the state of our squad.