Declan Rice to Chelsea?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

17 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

It's the same old, same old faces that we look at....can we just not get our sh*t together and find a central midfielder who can open defences with accurate passes and has vision as well as the capability of having a shot on goal now and then and score on occasion?   There has to be at least of couple of players in the world that can do that and be cheaper than the likes of Declan Rice who we don't need anyway.

Well said.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if that is exactly what Boehly and team are looking at, and that whoever we sign ends up being previously almost unheard of to most, and bloody good as well ! Here's hoping ... 

17 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

It's the same old, same old faces that we look at....can we just not get our sh*t together and find a central midfielder who can open defences with accurate passes and has vision as well as the capability of having a shot on goal now and then and score on occasion?   There has to be at least of couple of players in the world that can do that and be cheaper than the likes of Declan Rice who we don't need anyway.

I don't agree at all. Rice is a ball carrier and a destroyer. Takes the ball back and carries it forward. He won't open defenses with one accurate pass a la Cesc. However he is also a hugely talented footballer. His footballing skills are excellent. What impresses me the most about him is his personality. He is the type, people want around them.  He is loose and yet takes responsibility on field like one JT used to do for us. Losing Rudiger, Alonso and god forbid Azpilicueta we are short of leadership. Jorgiho's name has come up in transfer rumours as well. 

I understand the need for raw talent like Tchouameni but he doesn't do what Rice does. Real team is full of leadership. 

Rice is very important to WHU and team England. Pivotal player to be exact. Transfermarkt rates him the second most expensive midfielder in the world. They don't carry value like 'english tax'. 

To me landing him at 75m Euros (which is his value, or thereabouts) would be a massive success. 

41 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

I doubt West Ham would even bat an eyelid over 75m, I'm guessing it'll have to be 100 at the very least.

If West Ham receive an offer for 75m pounds and Declan says he wants to leave it would be really close to happening. Moyes' words mean f**k all.

Well Tchouameni has gone, Bissouma has gone, De Jong looks like he may be heading to Man U, so Rice is about the only option we have left. Unless you count Kalvin Phillips and personally I hope we don't go anywhere near him. Hope Pep signs him for Citeh.

9 minutes ago, just said:

Well Tchouameni has gone, Bissouma has gone, De Jong looks like he may be heading to Man U, so Rice is about the only option we have left. Unless you count Kalvin Phillips and personally I hope we don't go anywhere near him. Hope Pep signs him for Citeh.

I dont see anything in Kalvin Phillips other than a player thaty fit well into Bielsa`s style of running around a lot. He was so far of the pace in international games I've seen him in it was embarrassing, It might be he signs for City and goes on to be a world beater but I just cant see it. Hes more likely to be another Ake playing league cup games and being about 5th choice.

17 hours ago, evissy said:

I don't agree at all. Rice is a ball carrier and a destroyer. Takes the ball back and carries it forward. He won't open defenses with one accurate pass a la Cesc. However he is also a hugely talented footballer. His footballing skills are excellent. What impresses me the most about him is his personality. He is the type, people want around them.  He is loose and yet takes responsibility on field like one JT used to do for us. Losing Rudiger, Alonso and god forbid Azpilicueta we are short of leadership. Jorgiho's name has come up in transfer rumours as well. 

I understand the need for raw talent like Tchouameni but he doesn't do what Rice does. Real team is full of leadership. 

Rice is very important to WHU and team England. Pivotal player to be exact. Transfermarkt rates him the second most expensive midfielder in the world. They don't carry value like 'english tax'. 

To me landing him at 75m Euros (which is his value, or thereabouts) would be a massive success. 

I completely agree. To me this kid could be a "Leader" in the JT mould and if he joins Chelsea, I would put my house on him being skipper within one Season. Recent Cup Final losses has for me shown the real lack of leadership at the Club. I am not denigrating Dave but he is in the twilight of his Chelsea career and even at his best, did not have the ability to single handedly drag Chelsea back from the brink of defeat like JT used to do.  He really seems to be a Chelsea fan, with a real wish to return to the club of his early career. He is in effect a product of Neil Bath's Academy, that we stupidly let go. If we can get him back for 75 million Euro, which I very much doubt, this should be seen as an absolute snip

45 minutes ago, ozboy said:

I have come found to seeing Rice as a leader. But I doubt we go for him this season. He is in the  nice to have ballet and we haven’t done the must haves yet. 

If Jorginho leaves we can cover his style with Gilmour but with Kante's injuries in mind we would be short. 

12 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

If we sign a DM, and I don't think we will personally, I would guess is the Ivorian from  PSV we have been linked with.

Shame about Bissouma. At 25mill a very good deal, I guess TT does not rate him.

Would be a Bakayoko 2.0 mistake. Clumsy on the ball and has a horrid first touch. 

Rather we stick with Gilmour. Important we don't make the wrong signing. 

18 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

If we sign a DM, and I don't think we will personally, I would guess is the Ivorian from  PSV we have been linked with.

Shame about Bissouma. At 25mill a very good deal, I guess TT does not rate him.

Or could be we didn't want to take a risk with the charges hanging over him. 

2 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Apparently Ampadu had a good showing in the Nations League at both CB and DM. 

I can only comment on the Belgium game. First half he was really good. Was mainly sticking close to Kdb and succeeded very well. Not the easiest task if you ask me. 
I don’t know if his instructions changed second half, if he couldn’t keep it up 2nd half or if KDB stepped up, but kdb could do whatever he wanted second half. 

2 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Apparently Ampadu had a good showing in the Nations League at both CB and DM. 

Would sooner we say to TT the market is not great so for now you have Broja, Gallagher, Colwill, Ampadu and any of the loan returns (Batman, Maatsen, Sterling etc) to use as best as you can than end up with more Bakas and Drinkwaters.

On 14/06/2022 at 01:02, Greys33 said:

Yes and almost twice the cost..you missed that part.

Oh, because you qualified his age as if that was some big advantage over rice... 

So you think someone's genuinely going to pay 170m (2x tchouameni) for Rice? A players transfer fee is only worth what a buying club is willing to pay. 

5 hours ago, venom2011 said:

Oh, because you qualified his age as if that was some big advantage over rice... 

So you think someone's genuinely going to pay 170m (2x tchouameni) for Rice? A players transfer fee is only worth what a buying club is willing to pay. 

I qualified his age as to say 80m for a 22 year old rather than 97.5m for a 28, 29 year old.  80m for a class 22 year old is not bad business assuming that grow into the player you think they will be.

• 2 weeks later...

West Ham have turned down a fresh approach from #Chelsea for Declan Rice, telling them he is not for sale this summer, after Todd Boehly's command to make contact.

[via @GraemeBailey]

Saw that also discussed whether a swap Rice + Broja + fee. 

I wonder whether we've actually ever been interested in pursuing him. Seems more like the media (or maybe his agent) pushing for the move because of his past Chelsea ties and that he's friends with Mason. I'd love to have him but I honestly don't think there will be any genuine interest from us until his contract runs down and his price drops.

11 hours ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

I wonder whether we've actually ever been interested in pursuing him. Seems more like the media (or maybe his agent) pushing for the move because of his past Chelsea ties and that he's friends with Mason. I'd love to have him but I honestly don't think there will be any genuine interest from us until his contract runs down and his price drops.

There is clear interest even lamp said we asked west ham about Rice. The problem is simple, west ham said they wanted 80 m 2 seasons ago and 100 m last season. 

Edited by Bob stark