Erling Haaland

driller97

I just think the market isn't great this summer, over inflation reluctant sellers etc. I think the squad is good enough to go again. Luckily a handful are now out of the Euros and can get some rest and may not miss all of pre season or at least most of it as previously concerned. 

If we can't sign Erling I say go with the strike force of Werner/Havertz/Pulisic backed by the creativity of Ziyech, CHO and Super Mason. Don't let any of them go especially Ziyech and just reintroduce Tammy back into the play.

That's the sensible option I would say if I was Tommy, Marina or Roman I would call Dorrmund's director and say straight up I know you sold Jadon but how much? Slam a cool £120m on the table with a loan of Tammy with option to buy. Throw in an extra €20 in add ons and we should be good to go...

1 hour ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I just think the market isn't great this summer, over inflation reluctant sellers etc. I think the squad is good enough to go again. Luckily a handful are now out of the Euros and can get some rest and may not miss all of pre season or at least most of it as previously concerned. 

If we can't sign Erling I say go with the strike force of Werner/Havertz/Pulisic backed by the creativity of Ziyech, CHO and Super Mason. Don't let any of them go especially Ziyech and just reintroduce Tammy back into the play.

That's the sensible option I would say if I was Tommy, Marina or Roman I would call Dorrmund's director and say straight up I know you sold Jadon but how much? Slam a cool £120m on the table with a loan of Tammy with option to buy. Throw in an extra €20 in add ons and we should be good to go...

Can’t see it happening now; not a chance they lose both in one window- it will be catastrophic for their new season, with fans back too. The Haaland saga is over, at least for Chelsea/this season.

5 hours ago, thebluekid said:

Can’t see it happening now; not a chance they lose both in one window- it will be catastrophic for their new season, with fans back too. The Haaland saga is over, at least for Chelsea/this season.

Won’t be catastrophic if they have 240 million to spend. Teams like Dortmund can make that  go a long long way. Them and Atletico seem to be able to churn out world class players for peanuts 

That get out clause seems like the biggest stumbling block, even if it's a 200M clause. Feels like he has reservation about coming , which likely to be reflected on the field at some stage. If we are going to break the bank ( or sell one of the Roman's yacht) to fund this, the least we deserve is a fully committed player. We all know players aren't going to stay forever, but bugs me he's already planning the route to get out before he even gets in.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

That get out clause seems like the biggest stumbling block, even if it's a 200M clause. Feels like he has reservation about coming , which likely to be reflected on the field at some stage. If we are going to break the bank ( or sell one of the Roman's yacht) to fund this, the least we deserve is a fully committed player. We all know players aren't going to stay forever, but bugs me he's already planning the route to get out before he even gets in.

Yes exactly that. If he wants it then it does show a lack of commitment to the club to me and it is also what we expect from Mino to secure his next big pay day. Just avoid it. We dont need a billy big time messing up our group 

Further to that if we feel the need to spend that sort of cash then use it for Rice. At least he will love being at the club and be fully committed.

Edited by axman2526

If all of that media fuss about buyout clause and extremely high salary demands from Haaland are true, I would not touch him with a 10ft stick. Yes, he is a world class player, one that we need in order to contend in the future, however, we risk ruining the environment in the Team if we decide to break our salary structure for a 20 year old who did not consider us an elite Team until we won the CL. We all know that when Madrid are back on track and are able to raise some funds, they will come knocking and we all know what happens after. It will be all over the media that Haaland has always been a fan of Madrid, he grew up with photos of Raul in his room and adding Raiola into the equation .... Thanks, but no thanks.

If we are planning on splashing 150 mill on a player, invest them in other areas we need reinforcements - CB and CM.  We already missed out on Upamecano, latest rumours are saying Varane is headed to either United or PSG so Jules Kounde seems like a very good option. Young, physical with the perfect environment to grow and develp with Rudi and Silva around him. As for CM, get Bissouma, Tielemans, Aouar even and we are all set. 

In other words, Kai is already becoming a vital piece for us, give Timo one more chance to prove himself, reintroduce Tammy into the squad as a back up option and show some faith in Broja or keep The Monsieur, who has been nothing but a loyal servant and is already automatically extended, and we are all set for the battles to come. 

If he doesn't fit in our wage structure we simply won't buy him. Pretty simple. I don't think it is a problem. He is still young and if we manage to buy him and make a 5 year deal he still has time to move to Real Madrid and double his wages at 25-26. 

Anyway if he comes he will be the top earner and for me it would be fair. 

The thing that depresses me about the entire situation is a combination of things:- 

1) The team needs a top class, top tier centre forward. Without one, we’re essentially going in to next season a man down. If history is to repeat itself then it would be a travesty for the club to not bring 1 of Kane, Lukaku or Haaland in this summer; we’ve just won the champions league and right now it is go time to essentially bring us back to the top of English football. We know it, the club know it, the other clubs we fight with know it; heck the rival fanbases are absolutely DESPERATE we don’t complete this deal. They know that we’ve been a sleeping giant for too long. 

2) There is the potential we could spend £160m on a player, he rocks up with the weight of the world on his shoulders, he struggles immensely with the low-block defences of English football and we’ve just been made to look like fools. Coupled with that, Raiola will without a doubt be the type to comment on any shortcomings (should they happen) with the media.

This has to be the most crucial transfer window for this club in a long time. Back the f**king manager.

There is no reason there is no real noise on Haaland, unless which is typical Chelsea, we will just announce a capture, leaving the sh*te media in a quandary, and propelling the stories of Utd spunking  half a billion this window?

Well we certainly need a couple of rabbits pulled out the hat,man u are adding to an already good squad,city well enough said,Liverpool will be back challenging, let alone another team or two.

I have never understood spending this kind of money on a young player who has had a great season in a 2 team league.  It makes me wonder about our scouts at times that other teams can go out around the globe and find really good players, specifically forwards, yet we seemingly always want to go out and splash the cash on players who have big reputations and ultimately turn to sh*te the minute put on a blue shirt; and what are we going to do if Haaland doesn't hit the ground running, look for another striker in January?....We didn't pay much in the grand scheme of things for Drogba and Costa no doubt they are exceptions rather than the rule 😧 . All I can say is that I'm glad its not my money that we'll be pissing down the drain..

46 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

I have never understood spending this kind of money on a young player who has had a great season in a 2 team league.  It makes me wonder about our scouts at times that other teams can go out around the globe and find really good players, specifically forwards, yet we seemingly always want to go out and splash the cash on players who have big reputations and ultimately turn to sh*te the minute put on a blue shirt; and what are we going to do if Haaland doesn't hit the ground running, look for another striker in January?....We didn't pay much in the grand scheme of things for Drogba and Costa no doubt they are exceptions rather than the rule 😧 . All I can say is that I'm glad its not my money that we'll be pissing down the drain..

Dont worry about it, not gonna happen.

39 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Would not surprise me at all if the elite forward we end up with is Lewandowski on a two year deal, with an option for a third.

That would be lovely but again I just dont see that one either.

I'd put in a bid for Duncan Calvin Lewis, a proven striker in the league and improving each season. He will cost a lot too, but probably will be on 1/2 of the wage Haaland demands, and without the baggage of Haaland, and easy resell if we get better options in the future

1 hour ago, icecoolguy22 said:

I'd put in a bid for Duncan Calvin Lewis, a proven striker in the league and improving each season. He will cost a lot too, but probably will be on 1/2 of the wage Haaland demands, and without the baggage of Haaland, and easy resell if we get better options in the future

You mean Dominic Calvert-Lewin?

8 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Like going from Rib Eye to canned meat. 

I really hope not. 

With Mbappé running out his contract and being free next season i think Perez from Madrid is trying to sign both Haaland and Mbappé next season, i think he's telling Mino Raiola to wait until next year for him to make the move. Madrid keep loading off players and apparently won't sign anyone this offseason.

9 hours ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

With Mbappé running out his contract and being free next season i think Perez from Madrid is trying to sign both Haaland and Mbappé next season, i think he's telling Mino Raiola to wait until next year for him to make the move. Madrid keep loading off players and apparently won't sign anyone this offseason.

Think we are taking a similar approach. Not really looking to sign anyone and trying to move on who we can. Already started with Tomori and Moses.