Chelsea v Aston Villa (PL) Mon 28th Dec 2020 17:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Aston Villa are ahead of us with two games in hand. At almost the halfway point of the season.

That is simply not good enough. Worst thing is that we are getting left behind for Top 4 by a lot of teams. United are ahead of us with two games in hand, City the same, Everton, Leicester, Southampton, Tottenham are all ahead or likely ahead after the round is over. It's starting to get dramatic for the season, no two ways about it.

After a shocking performance 2 days ago I would say it was a decent performance, you don't just magically become world beaters in 48 hours especially considering our form of late. 

This is a Villa team who have battered both Arsenal and Liverpool this season. 

Frank made enough changes which everyone was crying out for so not sure where the criticism is coming from. 

Edited by Imran_CFC

This side has a soft underbelly, we are lacking steel in midfield

Christensen lying down feigning injury , he is no JT let alone Chopper ...he has to go

Chilwell, Mount and CHO all showed up well, as did Havertz in his cameo

Giroud led the line well, took his goal well

All in all we possibly got what we deserved, a point. On another day we may have got a free kick on their goal but having not got it. IT IS UNFORGIVABLE TO LIE DOWN FOR NO APPARENT REASON.hE HAS TO GO!

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Not a crisis, but we have become very stale. I'm not seeing any improvement on recent seasons.

True but wasn’t it like this last season? We improved. I think this was definitely better than the Arsenal game. Keeping the faith for the time being.

The past 2 games have been disappointing. Frank needs better ideas and another style of play. Our go to method at the moment is play it down to the wings and cross. 

Without Ziyech we don't have someone that can create that moment of magic. Pulisic can't breakthrough 4 men.

Werner has been anonymous bar that odd chance he got. 

Just now, Remodez said:

How have we ended up being a crossing team overnight? I don't understand.

Because we have no creative midfield and no-one running the channels or want to provide movement up front...this is Sunday pub football at its best, running into blind alleys and totally inept tactically; just as throw in being static also doesn't help ....we are a bang average football team at the moment. 

The second Giroud went off, we had zero threatening players on the pitch. Werner did nothing except ironically chip the ball massively over one of the few times he should have kept it along the ground.

I'd have more time for Hudson Odoi complaining about crosses not getting to him if he showed any movement at all towards the ball rather than remaining a statue. Our crossing was bad but players being so static made it worse.

Just now, ducavis said:

Sorry but can’t blame the result on Christensen. We were piss poor & had no ideas. A draw was a fair result.

I can. I really don’t see Villa scoring another and y’know, if Villa didn’t score it’s possible we could have carried on momentum and scored another. Villa scoring killed our momentum and it gave them belief.

He is the biggest pussy I’ve ever seen. Sell him to Arsenal of Barcelona they’d suit him. F*ck him.

Just now, charierre said:

This side has a soft underbelly, we are lacking steel in midfield

Christensen lying down feigning injury , he is no JT let alone Chopper ...he has to go

Chilwell, Mount and CHO all showed up well, as did Havertz in his cameo

Giroud led the line well, took his goal well

All in all we possibly got what we deserved, a point. On another day we may have got a free kick on their goal but having not got it. IT IS UNFORGIVABLE TO LIE DOWN FOR NO APPARENT REASON.hE HAS TO GO!

Havertz was solid.Had a few decent touches around and in the box.Has to be played closer to the goal it seems.Maybe go 4-2-3-1 against City idk

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Kante makes a 5 yard pass and that's you. Yes Werner didn't score, after we already practically ruined him by playing him wrongly you expect him to automatically score a few in 10 minutes, you're really something!

Hahahahahaha you’re one of my favourite posters on here. Guaranteed a laugh.

Ruined him, Jesus??he was on for 20 minutes as well not 10 - but yes I expect him to hit the target from 10 yards out, as you love to harp on about. He’s a 30 goal a season striker, should be hitting the target. Especially in his favourite position which according to you, automatically improves a player!

Just now, Imran_CFC said:

After a shocking performance 2 days ago I would say it was a decent performance, you don't just magically become world beaters in 48 hours especially considering our form of late. 

This is a Villa team who have batter both Arsenal and Liverpool this season. 

Frank made enough changes which everyone was crying out for so not sure where the criticism is coming from. 

It's harder circumstances for sure, but the style of play was bad. When Giroud came off we had to change it up but Chiwell was still crossing for Werner

1 minute ago, Zola_25Fan said:

I really want to know what they do in training? Because this is f**king awful.

Frank’s excuses of playing in a matter of days will come up, no doubt.

He’ll just blame the players again. Because the issue is never with him.