Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

10 hours ago, didierforever said:

That we were playing really well, started very well, then one of our best players got injured and he only had barkley to replace him with.

I know nothing compared to Conte but in that situation, he made the call. A wrong one. I prefer him without his whinging.

Unfortunately that's only like 15% of the time haha

funnily enough, here's an interesting take on transfers from maurizio sarri of napoli. 

Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri insists he's not bothered about the summer market.

Sarri is happy for others to handle transfers.

He stated: “I don't want to get involved. Sometimes players arrive who I don't even know, and that's fine, because I trust (director of sport Cristiano) Giuntoli.

“My job is to improve the players at my disposal. It's not my job to ask for players worth €100m each, because that would be too easy. It's not my job."

Can Sarri go on to become Napoli's Sir Alex Ferguson?

“If you mean the length of time, then I don't know. If you mean being a manager as well as a Coach, then I am not interested. I only care about what happens on the pitch. We have a great director of sport and he can sign anyone, I trust his judgment.

“Italian football is different to in England, as you struggle to stay at one club for a long time. Whatever the length of my stay here, nobody can ever take away from me the fact I was the Napoli Coach. I do hope to remain for a long time, though."

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/napoli-coach-sarri-transfers-i-trust-giuntoli-4189452#R0hO0yFOebTIQtwC.99

“The transfer market? Napoli isn't my club but (president Aurelio) De Laurentiis'. He's the one who makes decisions for the club, I just roll with it.

“I don't have any special requests, they'll give me a squad and I'll coach that squad."

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/napoli-coach-maurizio-sarri-de-laurentiis-in-charge-of-transfer-market-4191527#WPLwlvCPPzYEOi7m.99

16 minutes ago, just said:

The best outcome would be to keep Conte but swap Roman for an oil rich Sheikh or a Chinese e-commerce multi billionaire. 

A shocking comment. Roman has done absolute wonders for our club from the moment he stepped through the door. As JT rightly pointed out in his leaving speech on the pitch last year, Roman cares for and loves this club.

If you don't appreciate what he's done I would suggest going and supporting City for the time being, then if someone richer comes along after that, you should swap and support them!

Edited by Nickcook26

I haven't read through this thread so someone may have posted this already. If so, I apologise.

I think this is an interesting story, someone at the club is now briefing against Conte. On past form, this is likely to be the beginning of the end.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/25/chelsea-losing-patience-antonio-contes-claims-has-no-say-signings/

33 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

I haven't read through this thread so someone may have posted this already. If so, I apologise.

I think this is an interesting story, someone at the club is now briefing against Conte. On past form, this is likely to be the beginning of the end.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/25/chelsea-losing-patience-antonio-contes-claims-has-no-say-signings/

You could write that story without having a source though, I was a bit annoyed by Conte's comments. Its obvious we are signing Conte players.

3 hours ago, carrickblue said:

Conte has made it clear a million times to those d**khead journalists that keep asking him conference after conference about the transfer market and he ALWAYS gave them the same answer which is ...

"I give the Chelsea Board my personal wish-list of players for the January Transfer Window, then they make the final decision. It's not entirely up to me. I'm not in control"

This isn't the first time he's given this same answer. It's probably the 10th time already. How on earth is Conte's statement suddenly pissing off the Chelsea Hierarchy ??

If ACTUAL NEWS doesn't appear in REAL TIME this is what happens. They create gossip. Make up their own stories. It's their job, it's their agenda. It's a 24 hour job.

5 hours ago, ChelseaFanBoy said:

Conte has made it clear a million times to those d**khead journalists that keep asking him conference after conference about the transfer market and he ALWAYS gave them the same answer which is ...

"I give the Chelsea Board my personal wish-list of players for the January Transfer Window, then they make the final decision. It's not entirely up to me. I'm not in control"

This isn't the first time he's given this same answer. It's probably the 10th time already. How on earth is Conte's statement suddenly pissing off the Chelsea Hierarchy ??

If ACTUAL NEWS doesn't appear in REAL TIME this is what happens. They create gossip. Make up their own stories. It's their job, it's their agenda. It's a 24 hour job.

“I think the club decide our transfer market. As I said before, my task is to try to improve the transfer market, from the summer, the club decides every player.”

I have read things like this nearly on a weekly basis, if the board are signing Conte's players no wonder they are pissed off. I personally think he knows his leaving and is already trying to put blame elsewhere.

21 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Needs to stop f**king moaning about transfers and his lack of involvement in them to the press. 

His press conferences have a constant negativity around them and it's got like Jose was in his second spell again. 

It's boring and the fans don't want to keep hearing it. 

Get your head down and get on with trying to win games rather than taking pot shots at your employer. 

Totally agreed, I’ve honestly soured on Conte. He looks f**king miserable as sin and I know he hasn’t exactly been backed in the way he’d hoped but some managers have it far worse. 

As for tactically that feels like when it was all going wrong for Jose Mark II aswell, he’s sticking with the same crap that isn’t working. I’ve noticed too he doesn’t seem to be able to tactically change a game and it’s frustrating as hell.

9 hours ago, Nickcook26 said:

A shocking comment. Roman has done absolute wonders for our club from the moment he stepped through the door. As JT rightly pointed out in his leaving speech on the pitch last year, Roman cares for and loves this club.

If you don't appreciate what he's done I would suggest going and supporting City for the time being, then if someone richer comes along after that, you should swap and support them!

Roman enquired about Tottenham via Zahavi, Daniel Levy confirmed this. Sven Goran Ericsson advised him that we were better value in terms of cost and Jesper Gronkjaer getting us into the CL swayed it in our favour. We were not Roman's first choice.

Roman has done great things for Chelsea but has also made many mistakes. As Ewell26 said in the club investment thread the decisions and actions of the board are the decisions and actions of Roman and that has been laughable at times with our never ending managerial merry go round and, in recent times, our transfer dealings. 

I have no doubt Roman has built up a strong attachment to OUR club over the years with us, but IMO I do doubt that his passion is as strong as it was in his early years. And nothing lasts forever. The goalposts have moved. Wealthier owners have taken over top clubs and relegated us to the second tier of the transfer market. I feel this a reality many Chelsea fans still have to accept and as that reality affects our ability to bring in the top stars it will be harder to compete with those clubs on a level playing field.

1 hour ago, just said:

The goalposts have moved. Wealthier owners have taken over top clubs and relegated us to the second tier of the transfer market. I feel this a reality many Chelsea fans still have to accept and as that reality affects our ability to bring in the top stars it will be harder to compete with those clubs on a level playing field.

Don't be so downhearted just. The goalposts moved ages ago. Manyoo have always been ahead with transfer £cash£, but unable to push forward and attract the top draw players.

Citeh were struggling until this season, when Pep finally started to get the players in he wanted (keeper, fullbacks,forwards).

Liverpool, Le arse and Spuds don't outspend us and also don't attract the top draw players.

Take Pep away from Citeh and their unlimited fortunes, and things would be very different.

13 hours ago, Nickcook26 said:

Somehow I think that the comment you were responding to was meant as a joke- it's not a strongpoint of this forum humour, which Chelsea fans used to be famous for.

Judging by the amount of " likes", there's plenty of other lemmings out there- most from far flung corners of the country/ world I suspect, that don't even go to games, who also didn't get the joke.

Reminds me of the cringeworthy topic after we triumphed in the league last year. The title was " Thank you Mr Roman Abramovitch" 

Roman has indeed done the club a great service, but pass the sickbowl on that one

3 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Totally agreed, I’ve honestly soured on Conte. He looks f**king miserable as sin and I know he hasn’t exactly been backed in the way he’d hoped but some managers have it far worse. 

As for tactically that feels like when it was all going wrong for Jose Mark II aswell, he’s sticking with the same crap that isn’t working. I’ve noticed too he doesn’t seem to be able to tactically change a game and it’s frustrating as hell.

I'd be f**king miserable too if I were the manager and asked in the summer for a second striker and left back to give us any chance of doing anything after Christmas.  Then only to get told at the end of August to wait and see what happens in January.  With 5 days to go before the window closes again all he's got is "Here you go, not what you asked for but another injury prone midfielder.  And while we're at it, what do you reckon of Andy Carroll?".  This Palmieri/Dzeko transfer better follow through.

If I was Roman, and Conte manages to get us to finish second in the Prem and get over Barca in the CL, I'd walk into that boardroom in May, take a dump on the middle of the table, and tell all the board members that "It's simple. You have two choices. Eat up, or piss off".  Then I'd pull out the cheque book, print my autograph on the first 6 pages, hand them to Antonio and say "Don't spend it all at once .... you got till the end of August".

He makes a few mistakes with tactics, etc.  So what?  He's doing the best he's got with a bare bones team on four fronts. He won us the prem last year.  It is not his competency that should questioned.

7 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

I'd be f**king miserable too if I were the manager and asked in the summer for a second striker and left back to give us any chance of doing anything after Christmas.  Then only to get told at the end of August to wait and see what happens in January.  With 5 days to go before the window closes again all he's got is "Here you go, not what you asked for but another injury prone midfielder.  And while we're at it, what do you reckon of Andy Carroll?".  This Palmieri/Dzeko transfer better follow through.

If I was Roman, and Conte manages to get us to finish second in the Prem and get over Barca in the CL, I'd walk into that boardroom in May, take a dump on the middle of the table, and tell all the board members that "It's simple. You have two choices. Eat up, or piss off".  Then I'd pull out the cheque book, print my autograph on the first 6 pages, hand them to Antonio and say "Don't spend it all at once .... you got till the end of August".

He makes a few mistakes with tactics, etc.  So what?  He's doing the best he's got with a bare bones team on four fronts. He won us the prem last year.  It is not his competency that should questioned.

Apparently Carrol was Conte’s suggestion, the only reason his not a Chelsea player is because of the injury, somebody was looking after Chelsea that day.

12 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

The usual look at me I’m outraged at what you said post. Honestly can’t be arsed with this sh*t. Don’t like what I said? Tough! Deal with it.

13 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Apparently Carrol was Conte’s suggestion, the only reason his not a Chelsea player is because of the injury, somebody was looking after Chelsea that day.

I find it hard to believe the board asked Conte who he wants and he said Carroll. I suspect they offered him a list of sh*t choices and Carroll was one of the least sh*t to choose from.

4 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I find it hard to believe the board asked Conte who he wants and he said Carroll. I suspect they offered him a list of sh*t choices and Carroll was one of the least sh*t to choose from.

How do we know? Just because most fans think Carroll is sh*t doesn't mean Conte thinks the same. If there was a sh*t list then surely Chelsea would be going for them now, Dzeko and Giroud are better players.

I wouldn't put it exactly like that but just imagine he said we need a top quality fullback. The board fafs around with Sandro for most of the window and then tells him - Look we can't get Sandro but this Zappacosta fella is available, Yay or Nay?

AND he doesn't have the luxury of Arsenal and Tottenham managers - Push for top four with these middle of the road players but if you don't get there it's fine.