Stoke City Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 23 Sep 2017 KO 15:00 GMT

Great result!!! More than anything, I am so happy with the defence! Aside from Alonso who had a poor game, the 3 CB's were phenomenal! Rudiger and Christensen are a dream together, how glad are you now that we didn't sign VVD??? Christensen over him all day long! 

I think its time to slowly phase cahill out the team, he shouldn't be anything more than a backup. Even Luiz im not sure fully deserves to start over Rudiger and Christensen, but I guess we'll see next week against City how they cope against that relentless attack!

Baka was decent, with more training and practice at keeping the ball he'll become superb, Willian had a poor game but he'll be replaced by our maestro Hazard soon. Morata was brilliant, Pedro was decent.

Shouldn't even be surprised by MOTD, what an absolute joke to not even show the Crouch tackle in the highlights. They even dedicated a whole 40 seconds to the period where Alonso lost his head a bit......yeah, any chance to show Chelsea players in a bad light :rolleyes:

I can't really blame fans for saying their is an agenda against us when things like this keep happening. You can guarantee that if that was one of our players making that tackle, it would have been shown for sure.

Now seen the crouch tackle on sky's highlights..I know most of our reds were right decisions, but fcuk me, how many red card challenges have been missed on our players now? Off the top of my head I can think of four, two by Spurs, one by Everton and now crouch...also after last week's laughable debate that Luiz should have been sent off for an overhead kick, there was nothing wrong with bicycle kicks this week...just look at how close Diouf's overhead kick was to Moses, who flinched as it was so close...that's not me saying Diouf should have been booked, but not much difference between his And luiz's except that he doesn't play for chelsea.  

Was at this game ....Dream start after 2 minutes. Christensen and Rudiger were really solid. While Luiz is suspended Christensen will play instead of Cahill. Christensen Rudiger partnership works better distribution wise.

As a few others have said Willian was poor and Alonso lost his head a bit. Costa handled that brilliantly by subbing him.

Morata took his first 2 goals with such coolness. Love the Spanish combination for the forth goal.

Our support was great sang all game. Stoke fans were so quiet besides Singing Delilah at the beginning and whinging about Alonso you just didn't hear them

5 minutes ago, Sapper245 said:

Was at this game ....Dream start after 2 minutes. Christensen and Rudiger were really solid. While Luiz is suspended Christensen will play instead of Cahill. Christensen Rudiger partnership works better distribution wise.

As a few others have said Willian was poor and Alonso lost his head a bit. Costa handled that brilliantly by subbing him.

Morata took his first 2 goals with such coolness. Love the Spanish combination for the forth goal.

Our support was great sang all game. Stoke fans were so quiet besides Singing Delilah at the beginning and whinging about Alonso you just didn't hear them

i'm sure you meant Conte mate. Really glad we never shipped Christensen out. Teams looking good.

1 hour ago, Sapper245 said:

Nice one and good to hear about the support.

QQ - did Rudiger move to LWB or did Cahill after Alonso went off?

Great to see Morata get a hatrick and without any headed goals too.

Also good to see Azpi link up with Morata again,  the pass for the first goal was almost ' Fabregesque'!

As Stoke had a couple of CBs out the real test for us will be City.

Is there a f**king media blackout on us? The way we are treated is a joke it's not a case of "every club feels hard done by" we are treated like c**ts, I love winning for the winning but equally as much for the big up your arse it sends to all the doubters 

Edit: After saying that this is the BBC match report not a single mention of crouch but all this on Alonso 

IMG_2641.PNG

Edited by DonAntonio

The majority of the media consists of former Liverpool, Manure and Arsenal pundits. No wonder they give us no credit and highlight negatives from our play. We are the champions and yet Manure and City are getting all the TV coverage. Wtf? Next week is crucial. If we can beat both Atletico and Man city, they will find it hard to avoid talking about us positively. 

We also need Conte to stay with us, he will build a quality team if given the time. Next year with RLC returning from on-loan, f**k our squad will be good. 

1 hour ago, ozboy said:

Thought the quality of Moratas finishing was outstanding really. Unlike some others I don’t think christensons distribution is as good as that of Luiz but he was solid. 

I agree Christensen still has a long way to go before his distribution is as good as Luiz, his passing game is currently far more simple, but he does keep it accurate and tidy and has enough ability on the ball to make sure he doesn't put other players into trouble, Cahill is sometimes guilty of making such passes.  

I also think we noticed that without Luiz and Cesc, the passing ability of the team as a whole isn't nearly at the same level and I think that's why we looked so disjointed in the game up until Fabregas came on.

It's why I still have reservations over the Kante - Bakayoko partnership whilst a lot more solid and athletic whilst also being able to drive through the midfield with Bakayoko and to an extent Kante's dribbling ability, both have a 'weak' passing game and naturally sit a bit deeper.
This in turn makes it much harder for the Wide forwards, making them far more isolated from the midfield and forcing them into positions where they have to do a hell of a lot to manufacture dangerous positions or sometimes even just to retain the ball. Not that this gives either an excuse for what was below par performances but it was in my eyes a large contributor.

I think we are in a good position and its a nice problem to have the competition and ability to change our style depending on our needs but I do think we need to have at least 1 of Luiz, Fabregas and Hazard in the side if we are to play well and still believe our best team includes all three. (Courtois, Rudiger, Christensen, Luiz, Azpi, Fabregas, Kante, Alonso, Willian, Hazard, Morata) 

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Nice one and good to hear about the support.

QQ - did Rudiger move to LWB or did Cahill after Alonso went off?

Great to see Morata get a hatrick and without any headed goals too.

Also good to see Azpi link up with Morata again,  the pass for the first goal was almost ' Fabregesque'!

As Stoke had a couple of CBs out the real test for us will be City.

He moved Dave to left wing back that's how he set up Morata's third. 

4 hours ago, Sapper245 said:

Yes our support was great today as always is away, I got back from game about 9pm cracked open some "birra moretti" (moratta) I had in fridge, Mrs and girls were in sitting room watching casualty, while me and boys bought home a takeaway, I clicked on radio and there was "gold" Spandau ballet playing, I needless to say starting singing our Kante version! Until came a bang on the wall from the sitting room, to shut up!, So I did, and started singing "Marcos Alonso" top day yesterday

MOTD long ago ceded to any attempt at honest reporting - a reflection of the media at large.

At the end of the day it is a lightweight show, heavy on bonhomme between old pro's who have latched onto the Beeb's gravy train of tax payers money, and short of anything remotely interesting to say about any match, not just ours.

The standard of technical insight is just about worthy of someone who has just decided to take an interest in football and has no prior knowledge - it's that bad.  It is way way overdue a shake-up in it's format (more stat's and high tech' analysis needed), it needs to be a much longer show that starts earlier and most of all Linekar needs to go.  He's a charming enough presenter but he offers so little in return for his £2m a year.  He's rooted himself in a job that will probably dump another £40m or so in his direction until he draws his State Pension.  It's the same with many of the 'Treasures' across the sporting spectrum - holed up in 'cushty' little numbers doing the bare minimum for big bucks and living off the back of their glory days.  

Good day for us though and I couldn't give a stuff about The Potters being light on defence for the match - happens to all clubs at some point in the season.  Some just manage the situation better when they are light - Stoke didn't and paid the price.  They should've gone for a point from the off and started with 2 or 3 parked buses instead of trying to take us on as they did.

Good to see that sourest of managers Hughes looking so glum after the match too.

KTBFFH!