Olivier Giroud to Chelsea

AshB

2 hours ago, Dubair said:

A good signing overall and now a good move for him and probably the right time for all parties to move on. He was an underwhelming signing at the time , albeit a massive upgrade on Ashley Barnes and Crouch who were also being linked. 

He was instrumental in getting a top 4 finish under Lampard and obviously his performance vs Arsenal in the Europa final and goal vs Atletico won’t be forgotten about any time soon. 

Yes. Overall, although he never really established himself as first choice, he was a very valuable member of the squad who contributed very well when called upon, especially in Europe. A very likeable player. A class act on and off the field.

12 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

His move to Milan is expected to be completed on Friday apparently. 

Good that we're getting some business sorted relatively early on. 

Safe to say that I think we got pretty good value for money out of the £12m we paid for Giroud. 

Pete And Pete Reaction GIF

Funny how he left Arsenal and has now won two European trophies. Gives you an insight into the relative merits of the two clubs.Like Cesc he might have started an Arsenal man but he will always be a blue in my book.  I think if you consider the cross town trades in recent years we definitely got the better end of it. 

He was underused in my mind but his goals after the restart last year and against Atleti this year were huge for us. Wish him nothing but the best. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...