Gonzalo Higuain

Semper Fi
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, ducavis said:

Problem is Giroud can’t play 2 games in a week, 60mins in and his legs are gone. Crazy thing is if you believe Sarri, we have activated a year option on him. Sounds barmy when you consider he only scores in Europa. 

Personally I would draft in Redan & Castillo from our u19 till the end of the season. Our U19s are making their 4th appearance I think in the UEFA U19 Youth Final today, looking at the exploits of Sancho for Dortmund and Brahim Diaz when he has played for Madrid what harm can it do. You already have a situation where Ajax, Leicester & Everton have been linked with both Castillo & Redan. Both players will press like their lives depended on it and we need cover for CHO & a misfiring forward line. 

Agree with the sentiment but isnt Castillo a left wing back? 

Redan might not be physically up to it yet. He seems to have s great record in his own age groups, but only managed 5 in 19 for the u23's. 

Not seen much of either of them though, so maybe you know better than me. 

6 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Higuain vs top-six PL sides: 
6 - matches
420 - mins
0 - goals
2 - shots on target

I agree he's been awful. Giroud has to play now. But check Hazard's record against the top 6 this season as well. Proper awful. I remember him scoring against Liverpool in the league cup? & one at Wolves. Other than that nothing. We just haven't turned up against the bigger sides.

10 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

I agree he's been awful. Giroud has to play now. But check Hazard's record against the top 6 this season as well. Proper awful. I remember him scoring against Liverpool in the league cup? & one at Wolves. Other than that nothing. We just haven't turned up against the bigger sides.

Hazard versus top 6 sides:

Assist home against Arsenal

Goal home against Liverpool

2x assists home against City

56 minutes ago, Nibs said:

How can anyone question Hazard. The guy has pretty much carried us for 7 seasons - he must be f**ked!!!

It's funny you posted that in this thread, did you see Higuain moaning at Hazard yesterday because he dint play the ball where he wanted it. It reminded me of Morata a bit. God we have been a collector of some seriously sh*te strikers in the last few seasons.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Hazard versus top 6 sides:

Assist home against Arsenal

Goal home against Liverpool

2x assists home against City

can we add this masterpiece to The Mighty Eden's Tally? I know it was only the League Cup & it just happened to knock the dirty red scousers out of the competition.

btw because of that goal Chelsea appear to be the only English Club to win at Anfield. Yes, I know it's only the League Cup.

Higuain has potential and we should keep him. He's the most dangerous striker since Costa. I know the stats don't agree but he is finding his feet and our midfield hasn't been creating a ton of chances for him to convert. Not perfect but he will get there.

I still stick by the opinion that we should have signed him in summer. He deserved a pre-season and full season to see what he can do. So many players come to the PL and struggle to adapt initially. Drogba was the same in his first season. Higuain has been here 3 months which is no time. I still think he's got goals left in him, but he hasn't been given time. 

Just now, enigma said:

I still stick by the opinion that we should have signed him in summer. He deserved a pre-season and full season to see what he can do. So many players come to the PL and struggle to adapt initially. Drogba was the same in his first season. Higuain has been here 3 months which is no time. I still think he's got goals left in him, but he hasn't been given time. 

Potential at 31; OK..

3 minutes ago, enigma said:

Very weak excuse though. Someone as experienced as Higuain wouldn't need time to adapt he's a professional at the highest level, his body is actually worse and his best years have passed and since 2 years ago he has been playing worse and worse...
He had a pre-season in Italy and even there he looked like a shadow of himself, people came to this forum and told all of us here that they are very happy that he is going away from AC Milan.

Key things to keep in mind here:

1.He's way past his prime
2. He's way too old for Chelsea anyway 

7 hours ago, coco said:

No matter how awful Higuain and Giroud are, until we know whats happening with the ban we cant really let anyone go unless we really have to. If the ban stands with no delay we will have to bring back loaned players to compete for places. If the ban is delayed we can buy replacements with the Hazard cash.

Totally disagree. If we are going to languish in UEL and between 4-6 place, we might as well draft in Abraham and give him a proper chance and have Giroud teach him. Abraham and Giroud would lead the line much better than Higuain. What else does Tammy need to do at this point?! He'll be another great young talent we regret not giving a chance and leaving. 

10 minutes ago, Butterhampton FC said:

Totally disagree. If we are going to languish in UEL and between 4-6 place, we might as well draft in Abraham and give him a proper chance and have Giroud teach him. Abraham and Giroud would lead the line much better than Higuain. What else does Tammy need to do at this point?! He'll be another great young talent we regret not giving a chance and leaving. 

7 hours ago, coco said:

No matter how awful Higuain and Giroud are, until we know whats happening with the ban we cant really let anyone go unless we really have to. If the ban stands with no delay we will have to bring back loaned players to compete for places. If the ban is delayed we can buy replacements with the Hazard cash.

You agree with me then.

14 minutes ago, Blackened said:

Hes been here only for three months, for Petes sake. Give him some time. He retired from international football so he has a whole summer to prepare for the next season. 

That's what some people don't seem to realize, it's extremely difficult for a player (and not a young one) who has never played in PL to fit in and adapt to the system and its players in just 3 months. Of course eveybody expected a lot more from him, but the other strikers at least had a preseason, which is key.

7 hours ago, Blackened said:

Hes been here only for three months, for Petes sake. Give him some time. He retired from international football so he has a whole summer to prepare for the next season. 

7 hours ago, Upb78 said:

That's what some people don't seem to realize, it's extremely difficult for a player (and not a young one) who has never played in PL to fit in and adapt to the system and its players in just 3 months. Of course eveybody expected a lot more from him, but the other strikers at least had a preseason, which is key.

Welcome to the board Mr & Mrs Higuain, it’s a pleasure to have you! Unfortunately, your son is past it I’m afraid. He is not worth the £15m it would cost to loan him again and certainly not the £31m it would reportedly cost to buy him. 

He did have a pre season in Italy so that’s not really an excuse. As for having a whole summer to “prepare”. If his old habits are anything to go by, that’ll be lying on a beach somewhere, having a takeaway every night.